grr

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

grr

Postby Uriel » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 am

Can you please PLEASE sort out the runtime errors on this site? It is really offputting. Every time I try and write a title for the post, for example, an error message comes up after every letter. What's going on?
Peace be with you...look not on our sins but on the faith of Your church.
Uriel

Postby shooraijin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:22 am

Moved to Comment Box. Please explain what you mean by "runtime error" and post which browser you're using (on what sort of computer and operating system).
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:35 pm

Yeah... That sounds like an IE javascript error to me. Maybe some kinda spell checker? Let us know what your computer specs are, etc. Just so you know, I've never heard of this error before, so I would really suspect it's on your end. (Lord knows practically anything that goes wrong with this site I hear about, lol. )

Thanks!
Mithrandir

Postby Shadowchild » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:37 pm

wow mith i havent seen you in a long while... o.o i agree with mith on this one Uriel
[color=indigo]ADOPTED BY:Nami, CephasVII, spectroking, Starfire1
ADOPTED: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, phinny5608, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae, Tom Dincht, Jack Bond, Mega, meg, Celestra, JadeFox
PET AND GRANDDAUGHTER OF: Banana-chan
SISTER OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai [/color]

I'm looking for someone to quench my thirst - for all eternity.
Shadowchild

Postby Uriel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:11 am

Windows 98 and browser.
Uriel

Postby LorentzForce » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:42 am

I would blame IE and its Javascript engine. Chances are that you haven't updated your IE (having Windows 98 is a giveaway, it's 7 years old!), which the older versions were very prone to Javascript problems, which CAA uses for various layout effects (if I remember). Easy solution is to turn it off at Internet Options (or Preferences, something like that, I don't use IE). Better solution is to use some other browser, like FireFox.
LorentzForce

Postby shooraijin » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:45 am

Windows 98 can use IE 6, if you're determined to still use Internet Explorer (go to Windows Update and update it). But I think you'd find Firefox a lot better on Windows. When I'm forced to use a Windows-based PC, I insist on having Firefox installed on it.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Uriel » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:51 am

OK thx!
Uriel

Return to Announcements and Feedback