Thread Subscriptions

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Thread Subscriptions

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:22 am

I was just curious if anyone else was having a problem with this? I checked in my usercp and it is set on instant notification on subscribed threads but I have not been getting any notifications lately on any thread I subscribe to or that I contribute to.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Arnobius » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:41 am

Yes I have. I seem to recall a mod posting that using the quick reply negates the notifications. I haven't used the thing in months though
Arnobius

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:13 am

That's not the case for me. I have stop receiving all notifications even those that I posted on this morning and have not done any editing including this thread.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:25 am

That is highly unusual. I use subscriptions almost exclusively, and I haven't had any problems. What form of notification are you using? It is possible in our forum shuffling an option was somehow turned off.
uc pseudonym

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:42 am

uc pseudonym wrote:What form of notification are you using? It is possible in our forum shuffling an option was somehow turned off.

Instant notification by email to my aol account.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:53 am

OK I apologize. In an effort to keep more spam out of user's email aol has set up some new controls. I went and checked and all my subscription threads were being considered spam. I changed it from medium to low and I'm now getting the notifications.
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby EireWolf » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:35 pm

I seem to have a problem with some threads being automatically subscribed to. It seems kinda' squirrelly, so I just don't use subscriptions.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Ashley » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:34 am

Hmm, I don't know what to tell you Eire. Except that you have our best tech support in your own home already. :sweat:
Ashley

Postby uc pseudonym » Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:21 pm

EireWolf wrote:I seem to have a problem with some threads being automatically subscribed to. It seems kinda' squirrelly, so I just don't use subscriptions.

There are threads to which one is automatically subscribed? I've been using subscriptions since the beginning, and I can't say I've ever noticed any (which, I believe, I definitely would).
uc pseudonym

Postby EireWolf » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:13 am

Ashley wrote:Hmm, I don't know what to tell you Eire. Except that you have our best tech support in your own home already. :sweat:

Yeah. That's handy. :grin: But I don't really want to bug him about something so trivial (to me), so I'll just deal with it. :thumb:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Return to Announcements and Feedback