Advertising Question

Get the scoop on the changes happening here at CAA. You may also suggest changes or additions to the site and provide feedback about the board.

Advertising Question

Postby phinny5608 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:33 pm

Does it qualify as advertising if I'm plugging things like my Xanga blog or charity sites, like the one in my signature? I namely am curious about the one in my sig, because it's like, "This is a Christian forum, shouldn't I be allowed to promote a site that helps persecuted Christians?" This is probably a no-brainer. Besides, I doubt you could stop me from plugging that site either way ^_^
"...brave and humble..."

www.thebiblesite.org
Go there and click once a day to help donate Bibles to persecuted Christians for free! Please spread the word!
Open Doors USA and Prisoneralert.com are also nice resource for helping persecuted Christians.
Plus, you can subscribe to the free Voice of the Martyrs newsletter here.

Adopted by: Shadowchild
(If I'm doing this right)
GRANDSON OF: Nami
SIBLINGS: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae
GREAT-GRANDSON OF: Banana-chan
NEPHEW OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai
phinny5608

Postby Rev. Doc » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:55 am

phinny5608 wrote:Besides, I doubt you could stop me from plugging that site either way ^_^

:sweat: You might what to rephrase that statement. It sounded very much like a challege. Afterall, they do have the power to ban you so you have made the right decision in asking but you need to remain open to ther decision.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:58 am

Yeah, listen to Rev. Doc, he's wise. I don't think its a problem if its in your signature but if you create a thread to promote it I think that's not allowed. I'm not entirely sure, though that's what I gathered from reading the CAA rules.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby phinny5608 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:29 am

You might what to rephrase that statement. It sounded very much like a challege. Afterall, they do have the power to ban you so you have made the right decision in asking but you need to remain open to ther decision.

Hah! I can take them all on with my vice-like kung-fu grip!

Hahah, nah, I respect the "powers that be" here at CAA. I'm not challenging them. My screenname is a mere ant they can crush with their mighty fingers. But, come on, how could they turn down something like that link?

Yeah, listen to Rev. Doc, he's wise. I don't think its a problem if its in your signature but if you create a thread to promote it I think that's not allowed. I'm not entirely sure, though that's what I gathered from reading the CAA rules.

That makes sense.
"...brave and humble..."

www.thebiblesite.org
Go there and click once a day to help donate Bibles to persecuted Christians for free! Please spread the word!
Open Doors USA and Prisoneralert.com are also nice resource for helping persecuted Christians.
Plus, you can subscribe to the free Voice of the Martyrs newsletter here.

Adopted by: Shadowchild
(If I'm doing this right)
GRANDSON OF: Nami
SIBLINGS: teen4truth, spirit-me-away, ky kiske, Sage_AlKahira, dragon's bane, mastersquirrel, LeaChan-4ever, Dytae
GREAT-GRANDSON OF: Banana-chan
NEPHEW OF: girl ninja, Starfire1, and rusty789, Batosai
phinny5608

Postby uc pseudonym » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:28 am

Please note this is merely my interpretation of the rules, and I am not the writer of them. Therefore, don't take this as set in stone.

Xanga (or DeviantArt, etc) sites have always been acceptable in signatures. In the same way, I do not feel that a charity site such as the one you have in your signature violates any rules. It is fine to plug things you like; we object when you use CAA as merely a billboard for a product.

Thank you for being concerned about the rules.
uc pseudonym

Return to Announcements and Feedback