Dystopia Readings! XD

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby USSRGirl » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:18 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:USSRGirl you have the same tastes as Hitler when it comes to movies as I believe that Metropolis was his favorite film as well.

Though I will take that as a compliment, it is actually untrue. Hitler's favorite film was indeed Snow White. :sweat: I kid you not. I know my dictators. Perhaps it had something to do with the Arian implication of 'snow+WHITE'? Who knows.
USSRGirl

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:15 pm

USSRGirl wrote:Though I will take that as a compliment, it is actually untrue. Hitler's favorite film was indeed Snow White. :sweat: I kid you not. I know my dictators. Perhaps it had something to do with the Arian implication of 'snow+WHITE'? Who knows.
Truth be told Hitler's taste in movies is one of those things that goes to show how distressingly similar he is to all of us, much as we might wish to make baseless revisionisms within our minds like "Hitler's first sign of badness was when he started eating nails at 8". As a matter of fact, he turned out to even have watched Charlie Chaplin's satire The Great Dictator twice, with one of his advisers speculating he particularly enjoyed the scene where Hitler and Mussolini engage in rediculous one-upsmanship. If anything, Hitler liked Snow White for the same reasons everyone else likes Snow White, which serves a warning to beware the distressing and barely reconciled mixture of good and evil within us all. For although Hitler was not purely evil, he was evil on all too many of the matters that count.
GhostontheNet

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:08 pm

He was also a vegeterian and loved his dog Blondie.Hilter makes an interesting case study for psychologists.
mitsuki lover

Postby USSRGirl » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:04 pm

So I hear on the vegeterian thing. He liked Shirley Temple too. ^^;
USSRGirl

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:28 pm

The drink or the actress?
Note:For being dead for over 60 years Hitler still has a powerful presence in the world.
mitsuki lover

Postby memmer66 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:39 pm

USSRGirl wrote:Ok...I never post here, but I do actually read. Actually, I'm very much into literature, particularly of the dictator/dystopic variety. A few of my favorites are C.S. Lewis' That Hideous Strength (#1 fav), Orwell's Animal Farm, Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron. Any other fans of dictator fiction?!!! It's a hard niche to come by I know...

SHARE YOUR FAVORITE DICTATOR BOOKS AND RECCOMENDATIONS!! MAKE BIG BROTHER PROUD!! XD

Battle Royale by Koushun Takami. Read it, it's awesome. Good novel 'bout how a dystopian Japanese government made a program where they send a class of kids to an island to kill eachother on 3 days or they all die via exploding collers they have around their necks! :dance:
[SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/Ryuketsu/battleroyale.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Best Beginning To A Review EVER: The fact that I watched this movie after eating poisonous mushrooms only went to enhance the realism :lol:
memmer66

Previous

Return to Book Corner