A Song of Ice and Fire

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

A Song of Ice and Fire

Postby Michael » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:42 pm

I started reading the first book--Game of Thrones--about a year ago, but quite because there was so much sex in it. I kind of want to pick it back up again because I really got hooked on the story. Has anyone else read it? Any comments on it?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Todeskreuz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:11 pm

I LOVE the song of fire and ice books!! I'm waiting anxiously for Feast for Crows (finished the other 3) besides all the blatant sex scenes they are awesome well written books. The stories are addictive (thus why I'm anxious for feast for crows to hurry up and come out) but yeah your not the only one who's read it ^^
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Postby EireWolf » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:13 pm

I'm looking into getting it because of a recommendation. So... without giving any spoilers, what's addictive about it?
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:22 pm

The characters, the story, just the whole feel really keeps you hooked.

The biggest problem is the two million sex scenes George Martin put into it. It's really bad;

[spoiler="Really nasty stuff"]There's even one between a 13 year old girl and a 30-something man. It was pretty grapic too. It stinks because the rest of it is so dang good.[/spoiler]
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Todeskreuz » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:29 am

oh yeah that part *shudders* it gets a little much....but what is so addictive I think is his writing style....you get the perspective of each of the main characters and see the story from their eyes...and the story...the story itself is enough to get ya hooked
"I cried out with no reply and I can't feel you by my side so I hold tight to what I know...your here...and I'm never alone"

"In the moon want to sleep want to sleep with the silence you heal me again, through the long and trying day you save me...in the moon I’m just veiled in the silver shining"

"Forever Love, Forever Dream, I can't walk any further, Oh tell me why, Oh tell me true, Teach me the meaning of life"

"Never change... that's what a fool would say in his dreams at the moment when you're facing the end of everything"

Adopted by: LeaChan-4ever

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Todeskreuz

Return to Book Corner