C.S. Lewis

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

C.S. Lewis

Postby DaphneBlueStrat » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:22 am

Who else here reads C.S. Lewis?

I've read the Chronicles of Narnia, Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and Mere Christianity, and I've just recently started Miracles.
DaphneBlueStrat

Postby Photosoph » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:29 am

I've read the Narnia Chronicles, Out of the Silent Planet (I think it was that one...) but not much else from his works. C.S Lewis ROCKS!!! :rock: :grin:
(0)>
((_\//
mm

[Quote=Photosoph]Well, t'was a good deduction, Mr. Holmes! *salutes Mr. Myoti Sherlock Homes* [/QUOTE]
Myoti wrote:Elementary, my dear Watsoph. XD

\(^_^)/
Still in rest and recovery mode. Posting may be sporadic at times. :pinned:
Photosoph

Location: Kiwiland... fighting for mankind in the battle of human vs. sheep.

Postby oro! » Mon Feb 14, 2005 3:27 pm

Chronicles of Narnia, and one of the Silent Planet, though it was so weird. He had a great imagination. i think my favorite Narnia one is The Last Battle.
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby ClosetOtaku » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:18 pm

Mere Christianity, The Great Divorce, The Screwtape Letters, A Grief Observed, The Four Loves, God in the Dock, Chronicles of Narnia, Abolition of Man, The Problem of Pain.

I don't particularly have a favorite; I find them all quite engaging...
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby bigsleepj » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:02 pm

I'm quite the CS Lewis fan but I could never like his non-fiction book "The Abolition of Man". A very important book with important ideas but complexly written and quite frankly very tiring. His Space Trilogy book, "That Hideous Strength", is however a fictional version of the book, and "That Hideous Strength" was a very influential book for me.
bigsleepj

Postby glitch1501 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:36 am

im almost finished with perelandra

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
:thumb:
glitch1501

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:58 pm

The Chronicles Of Narnia
'Til We Have Faces(a retelling of the Psyche myth from the view point of the
elder sister)
Out of the Silent Planet
Perelandra
That Hideous Strength
The Screwtape Letters/Screwtape Proposes a Toast
Letters to an American Lady
Mere Christianity
The Four Loves
The Pilgrim's Regress
Surprised By Joy
overall Lewis was a more gifted writer than Tolkien(Heresy!Heresy! :lol: ) :dizzy:
mitsuki lover

Postby faithfulxninja » Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:05 pm

i've read the chronicles of narnia, and last battle was my fav too. his details are so descriptive, i love it. :hug: *glomps aslan*
cellar door.
faithfulxninja

Postby Mi-Ru-Me » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:21 am

Iread almost all the chronicle of Narnia yet when I started I had no idea who C.S.Lewis was I just liked the cover art on the book it turned out the first one i read was actually the last one in the series. I have also read some of his poetry they were pretty good I used it in a speech class when the assignment was to read some poetry.

Most interesting thing I read awile back C.S.Lewis and J.R.Tolkien were good friends and shared ideas and such thats why both there books are based off the bible.
Mi-Ru-Me

Postby oro! » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:05 pm

mitsuki lover wrote:overall Lewis was a more gifted writer than Tolkien(Heresy!Heresy! :lol: ) :dizzy:

HOw could you say that? They :waah!: both have their merits! Tolkien's the best! JK! I like both of their styles. :grin:
"I've learned when you throw mud at others, not only do you get your hands dirty, but you also lose a lot of ground." Ravi Zacharias
"Pride grows in the human heart like lard on a pig." Aleksander Solzhenitzen (so call me on it)
"Zeal without knowledge can lead to chaos." - Bob Rohm
"Why don't we love his truth as much as we seem to love his love?"- Cross Movement, in their song "Check us Out"
oro!

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:02 pm

I've read the Great Divorce, Out of the Silent Planet and Chronicles of Narnia. Narnia would be my favourite. I'm going to borrow Screwtape Letters from my church library soon. I'm in the process of reading Perelandra and That Hideous Strength. So far I'm enjoying Perelandra much more than Silent Planet. The first book in the trilogy was a bit heavy, a bit of a bore and not really to my liking. It had some great ideas though, it just seemed to be written with super intellegent people in mind.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby PrincessZelda » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:04 pm

I love C.S. Lewis! He's one of my favorite authors. I've read all The Cronicles of Naria books, Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, That Hideous Strength, and I'm reading the Screwtape Letters.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby faithfighter » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:50 pm

I love CS lewis!
I have read Chronicles of Narnia and the Voyage of the Don Treader was my fav.
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Return to Book Corner