Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Theories and Predictions

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 04, 2005 1:18 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:John Grainger, who wrote the book Finding God in Harry Potter has a similar theory. He often illuded ot the fact that he things Margeret Thatcher and Umbridge are one and the same. :lol: Wouldn't you love to have such a admirable character as Umbridge modeled after you?

Given I'm not a public figure I could make a fortune off the lawsuit! ;) Of course, I'd sue in the US. After all, proving it true is defense enough in the UK as that one Holocaust Denial historian found out a couple of years ago...

You just put a weird image in my head there. Image of Umbridge deciding to counteract Dumbledore's army by sending the British Navy in :sweat:

Better not continue that train of thought though...
Arnobius

Postby Scribs » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:23 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:You just put a weird image in my head there. Image of Umbridge deciding to counteract Dumbledore's army by sending the British Navy in :sweat:

:lol: Harry Potter and the Muggle Military :lol:
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:43 pm

piloswine wrote::lol: Harry Potter and the Muggle Military :lol:

Hmm, maybe the half blood prince shows up for Halloween in a Nazi uniform ;)
Arnobius

Postby Bobtheduck » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:34 pm

O_o

My theory is I wanna get this book as soon as it comes out, but my prediction is that I will have to buy it "Chori Chori, Chupke Chupke"

There are quite a few anti-potter people here, as well as a few who absolutely love it... Like me!! I was really going for the "Mark Evans" thing until Rowling shut it down... I think I have said this about a billion times, but I wanna see Harry x Luna... I just love Luna...

**theme to "I Love Lucy" plays**

Oh, BTW, that weird thing I said was Hindi for secretly... Sorta, and the title of a Bollywood movie... I actually sorta enjoyed it even though it . They actually translated it as "Surreptitiously, on the sly" but it's much easier and flows better to say "Secret Secret" than "Surreptitiously, Surreptitiously"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:38 pm

Bobtheduck wrote:O_o

My theory is I wanna get this book as soon as it comes out, but my prediction is that I will have to buy it "Chori Chori, Chupke Chupke"

There are quite a few anti-potter people here, as well as a few who absolutely love it... Like me!! I was really going for the "Mark Evans" thing until Rowling shut it down... I think I have said this about a billion times, but I wanna see Harry x Luna... I just love Luna...

**theme to "I Love Lucy" plays**

Oh, BTW, that weird thing I said was Hindi for secretly... Sorta, and the title of a Bollywood movie... I actually sorta enjoyed it even though it . They actually translated it as "Surreptitiously, on the sly" but it's much easier and flows better to say "Secret Secret" than "Surreptitiously, Surreptitiously"

Luna was interesting. Hope she's not a one time character
Arnobius

Postby SereneDolphin » Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:15 pm

Luna will definitely be back, says I.

Hmm, maybe the half blood prince shows up for Halloween in a Nazi uniform

That will be a sight to see. Tis a good thing that the Nazis were not wizards, although they do seem to be a bit trollish. :shady:

Mangafanatic and Animeheretic brought up good points earlier. Me no want bragging rights, though, I just want to read it!
I am unique, just like everyone else.

[size=84]"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant, filled with odd waitors who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like"- Lemony Snicket[/SIZE]
SereneDolphin

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:08 pm

SereneDolphin wrote:Luna will definitely be back, says I.

That will be a sight to see. Tis a good thing that the Nazis were not wizards, although they do seem to be a bit trollish. :shady:

Mangafanatic and Animeheretic brought up good points earlier. Me no want bragging rights, though, I just want to read it!

Personally, I'm hoping I'll be one of those people where the seller mails it out too early, so I get a sneak peak so I can post all the secrets all over the internet bwa ha ha haha... er, I'll go be quiet now... :sweat:
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:59 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Personally, I'm hoping I'll be one of those people where the seller mails it out too early, so I get a sneak peak so I can post all the secrets all over the internet bwa ha ha haha... er, I'll go be quiet now... :sweat:

Since I'll be out of the country when HBP is released, I see no other option but to order it through Amazon so that it'll be waiting for me when I get home. Ain't no way I'm going out into the word to meet all those spoiler-tastic people who'll give everything away. *Eyes Anime Heretic.* ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:14 am

[quote="Mangafanatic"]Since I'll be out of the country when HBP is released, I see no other option but to order it through Amazon so that it'll be waiting for me when I get home. Ain't no way I'm going out into the word to meet all those spoiler-tastic people who'll give everything away. *Eyes Anime Heretic.* ]
I wouldn't do it on CAA anyhow. IIRC, JK's lawyers jumped very hard on a couple of sites that got early access to Pheonix and gave away everything-- I wouldn't give the mods that kind of trouble.

BTW, if you know where you're going to be, have you considered having it shipped to you overseas?
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:16 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:BTW, if you know where you're going to be, have you considered having it shipped to you overseas?

I'll only be gone for nine days, so I think I'll just have it shipped to my home address. The Dominican Republic (which is where I'll be) doesn't have the most reliable postal system, so I'd be afraid I'd get home before it arrived. For that reason *sigh* I shall just have to wait.
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Petite Soeur » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:15 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Don't ask me why, but suddenly I am going crazy awaiting the sixth Harry Potter Book (not to mention the Goblet of Fire movie, which is expected for release in November of next year AHHH!!!), so I thought a great way to get rid of some of my Potter frenzy would be to swap around some "Half-blood Prince" theories and predictions with other Potter otakus. I guess we'll start by doing some form type questions and see what happens from there:

1) Who do you think the Half-Blood Prince is? If you have any specific reason why you believe that, list them.

2) Do you think any of our sixth year trio (Harry, Hermione, Ron) will get together in Half-Blood Prince(which will henceforth be referred to as HBP)? Why do you think that?

3) Do you think anyone's going to get the axe in HBP? If so, who?

4) Are there clues that you think finally come to fruition in a major :wow!: moment in this book. (Example: We'll find out that Harry has lazer vision!!!! I mean, come on! Why else would he wear those glasses except to protect someone from his searing gaze?)

5) If you have a pet theory you want to throw out, you can tack it on here.

If you've read any interviews with J.K. Rowling and you KNOW something-- please put it in spoilers. I know that might sound silly, but I don't want anyone hunting me down and strangling me for giving something away.

Also, if you have a good question, just list it with your reply or PM me, and I'll add it to our list. *Sits down, strangely calm, and anticipates replies and conversation. Yeah. . .*

1. I don't know, probably either Hagrid or someone not introduced yet. (Wow, original)

2. Ron and Hermoine are made for each other; the implications and chemistry are obviously there. I really hope Cho and Harry get back together.

3. Given Rowling's track record for the deaths of main characters, I think Dumbledore will die. He's old, and maybe she realizes that the movies just aren't the same without Richard Harris as Dumbledore.

4. Harry's burgeoning adolescence (can't escape it forever) and potential relationships.

5. I think Harry will die at the end of the seventh book, sacrificing his life while killing Voldemort (whose name, incidentally, means "death field" in French, BTW), because of the connection with his scar.
Petite Soeur

Postby Scribs » Fri Apr 08, 2005 6:25 pm

I doubt Hagrid simply because it would be so obvious, and I hope that Rowling is more clever than that.

In my opinion Harry and Cho's relationship with eachother is dead, they had issues. While a Ron Hermione thing looks likely I hope it doesnt happen. I dont know why, it just goes against my gut.

I dont think that Rowling would kill off dumbledore because the new actor is inferior, (which I personally think he isn't). Dumble is important and will mostlikely stay till the end.

Harrys death is quite possible in book 7. I would weep no tears.

Bla ha ha ha ha
"I concluded from the begining that this would be the end; and I am right, for it is not half over."
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Yumie » Sat Apr 09, 2005 11:26 am

I hope Harry doesn't get back together with Cho, she annoys me. She's so flaky sometimes, I mean, I know she's been through a lot, but still she's more trouble than she's worth sometimes. Harry needs to find somebody 100 times better than that! :P Why aren't there more Lily Potters running around that school? She was awesome.
Yumie

Postby mitsuki lover » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:27 pm

In The Half-Blood Prince we will learn that:

*Snape is Harry's father
*Harry is actually a girl
*The entire Harry Potter series is a dream that Kazuki from Dual! is having after eating too much curry
*Ron drives a flying Vespa
*It actually takes place in the FLCL universe
*Even in Harry Potter Enterprise stinks! :thumbsdow
*The Half-Blood Prince is really Hagrid's name for his socks
*I'm really screwing around with you and making all this up! :dizzy: :dance:
mitsuki lover

Postby Arnobius » Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:10 pm

Nice. Here are a few more speculations:

This year's "Defense Against Dark Arts" teacher will be Lina Inverse

Harry will fall in love with Pirotesse

Helwig will die and Harry will get a weasel named "Chamo-kun" for a pet.

Harry will discover that Hogwarts is being torn down for new development. Suddenly, he finds himself in a bunch of different worlds running into some strange woman and a mysterious sorcerer named Eutus.

Hermione will go to the forbidden books section in the library and accidentally open "The Tale of the Four Gods"

A female trio consisting of a warrior, thief and cleric will proclaim Harry the chosen adventurer and follow him everywhere.

Hermione will meet a talking cat that gives her a magical transformation wand and tells her to protect the world.

Harry discovers his grandfather is really an alien prince and alien women start throwing themselves at him.

(For added points, name the series)
Arnobius

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:24 pm

<<*Snape is Harry's father
*Harry is actually a girl
*The entire Harry Potter series is a dream that Kazuki from Dual! is having after eating too much curry
*Ron drives a flying Vespa
*It actually takes place in the FLCL universe
*Even in Harry Potter Enterprise stinks! :thumbsdow
*The Half-Blood Prince is really Hagrid's name for his socks>>
Wow. I love that. I hope that happens. Especially the thing about Dual!.

<<This year's "Defense Against Dark Arts" teacher will be Lina Inverse.>>
That would be awesome and scary at the same time.

<<Hermione will go to the forbidden books section in the library and accidentally open "The Tale of the Four Gods".>>
Easy. Fushigi Yuugi.
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Scribs » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:48 pm

More on this speculative theme:

Durring a Quiditch match Harry will get shot at by a star shaped ship and be entrusted with a little girl named "Al".

Hermione will get stuck in a horribly realistic computer game and will forget who she is while going into a coma in the real world.

Hagrid will find that he is actually the forgotten member of the Nebraska family.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:52 pm

<<Hagrid will find that he is actually the forgotten member of the Nebraska family.>>
*cracks up* No fair with the Trigun jokes!
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Scribs » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:54 pm

You must admit there is a striking resemblence...
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby AngelSakura » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:55 pm

Yesh, but it's still not fair. Besides, how many more family members could there possibly be?
Think happy thoughts.
AngelSakura

Postby Arnobius » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:58 pm

Hermione will discover that this medallion she wears is sought after by some mysterious man who runs a huge secret society

And since nobody got or tried to get all of my originals, here are the series
  1. Slayers
  2. Record of Lodoss Was
  3. Negima
  4. Fushigi Yuugi
  5. Louie The Rune Soldier
  6. Sailor Moon
  7. Tenchi Muyo
Arnobius

Postby Scribs » Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:17 pm

AnimeHeretic wrote:Hermione will discover that this medallion she wears is sought after by some mysterious man who runs a huge secret society

And does she also get chased after by Pirates?
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby Arnobius » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:19 pm

piloswine wrote:And does she also get chased after by Pirates?

Well, she does get to meet Captain Nemo.

Here's one that may be obscure.
Harry finds he's destined to be working with one Mr. Norrell
Arnobius

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:51 am

AnimeHeretic wrote:Well, she does get to meet Captain Nemo.

Nadia, perhaps?

Mangafanatic

Postby Arnobius » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:23 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Nadia, perhaps?

We have a winner.

If you were wondering about the other one, it was a reference to the novel Jonathan Strange and Mr Norell by Susanna Clarke which has sometimes been called "Harry Potter for Adults"
Arnobius

Postby Scribs » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:16 pm

Out of curiousity, have any of you been to http://www.potterpuppetpals.com

It has a couple flash animation harry potter puppet shows that I found amusing.
-Sir Boyle Roche
Scribs

Postby VioletEyedCat » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:42 pm

Don't ever do that to me again- I may be scarred for life. Dumbledore- ph34r teh N3kk1d 0n3! (Apologies for the l33t)

On another note, I watched a few minutes of the first movie on TV last night. Now that I've reread the series, I've found that I can appreciate the set designs so much more, even if the plot discrepencies do stand out more. Has anyone else noticed the absolutely fabulous set designing that the movies have? Really brings the story to life- as Rowling was not as obsessed with setting description as many authors are.

:P Smiling's not my Thing :P
VioletEyedCat

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:51 am

Yeah, I've always been a fan of all the movies-- even, when they weren't as true to the plot as I might have liked.

Since you brought up the movie, I have a bit of an opinion question for you all: Which do you prefer, the school grounds as they is depicted in the first two movies of the school grounds as they are depicted in the third movie?

Personally, I like the grounds in the third movie. The mountainous, more rugged surroundings are more true to the Hogwarts in my mind.

Mangafanatic

Postby Indigo_Eyes » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:07 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Yeah, I've always been a fan of all the movies-- even, when they weren't as true to the plot as I might have liked.

Since you brought up the movie, I have a bit of an opinion question for you all: Which do you prefer, the school grounds as they is depicted in the first two movies of the school grounds as they are depicted in the third movie?

Personally, I like the grounds in the third movie. The mountainous, more rugged surroundings are more true to the Hogwarts in my mind.

I really liked the third movie's scenary better than the first two movies. It seemed more... natural to me I guess. In fact, I think I like the third movie the best out of all, but I might be a bit biased because I like the third book better than the first two books.....
Indigo_Eyes

Postby Mangafanatic » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:37 pm

Indigo_Eyes wrote:I really liked the third movie's scenary better than the first two movies. It seemed more... natural to me I guess. In fact, I think I like the third movie the best out of all, but I might be a bit biased because I like the third book better than the first two books.....

Oh! Ditto on that score!

I know a lot of people who really hated the third movie. Said it wasn't true enough to the book, but I walked away from the movie very pleased.

*Can't wait for the Goblet of Fire movie!!*

Mangafanatic

Previous Next

Return to Book Corner