Three III

A place to discuss your favorite authors and poets, Christian and secular

Three III

Postby gungrave » Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:19 pm

AWESOME book man. Best book ever. Who else read it and agrees lol
You find that you have a weapon, an instrument that
will give you power over the wind and sea.
In one word, you can stop time. It is a weapon
so powerful that even God will bow
down to you and all his angels fall at your feet.
What would you do with it?

Adopted: Jack Bond
Adopted: Mega
Adopted By: Black Rose Misao
Adopted By: GrubbTheFragger

then I will be all over those games like white on a paper plate with a styrofoam cup filled with milk in the north pole during a snow storm ---iscryed4u which is my AIM screen name so, I said it XD
Felix wrote:And gungrave, XD I am sure you look quite the man-beast in a suit.

\m/ >,< \m/<-----if u listen to anti hip-hop music Aka metal or just hard rock put this in ur profile and represent

JonathOn !!El perro esta en fuego!!
C.R.A.P. leader
:thumb:
---GamerTag: HxS L3TH4L
gungrave

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:53 am

Three, you mean the one by Ted Dekker? If that's the book you're realking about-- I whole heartedly agree. It messes with your head, though. . .

It's probably my favorite book in the world! (There's a Dekker thread buried around here some where. You can check that out for more Dekker related conversations)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:16 am

i have the book on my shelf, and its on my "books to read" list

i hear its great

yea there is a dekker thread somewhere back there..

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Healing hands of God have mercy on our unclean souls
once again. Jesus Christ, Light of the World, burning
bright within our hearts forever. Freedom means love
without condition, without beginning or an end. Here's
my heart, let it be forever Yours, only You can make
every new day seem so new.
Every New Day - On Distant Shores - Five Iron Frenzy

Nail pierced hands they run with blood
A splitting brow forced by the thorns
His face is writhing with the pain yet it's comforting to me
Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:23 am

Go read it. now. ;)
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby glitch1501 » Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:48 am

heh, its on my list, im reading perelandra right now, then that hideous strength, then three

for some reason the space trilogy by cs lewis is taking me alittle longer to read than expected, but when i read it , i will defeniatly post here about it

Glitch's Photostream

He wants them to learn to walk and must therefore take away His hand; and if only the will to walk is really there, He is pleased even with their stumbles.

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:54 am

You'd better, or we'll hunt you down and tickle your opinion out of you! Fear tickling. Yes, fear.

Mangafanatic

Postby Ssjjvash » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:26 pm

THREE IS AWESOME!

*starry eyes*

Oh, Glitch, does that mean that C.S. Lewis wrote Perelandra and the other one? If not, then who did?
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:35 pm

Yeah, C.S. Lewis wrote both those books.

Mangafanatic

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:58 am

ok, I will hafta' check 'em out. :grin:

Rudyard Kipling

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Ssjjvash

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:01 am

Ssjjvash wrote:ok, I will hafta' check 'em out. :grin:

yea, cs lewis wrote the space trilogy which consists of

out of the silent planet
perelandra
that hideous strength

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Rachel » Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:54 pm

Dude! Three is a totally most excellent book! Everyone go read it now!
:rock: I mourn for those who never knew you

Click here for kick booty music!!

American by birth, Texan by the grace of God

This is where you can find me if I'm not on for a while
Rachel

Postby Ssjjvash » Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:26 pm

lol, I have lost count of how many times I have read it. 3 or 4, I don't remember.

Rudyard Kipling

Ssjjvash

Postby glitch1501 » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:05 pm

wow that must mean its good ssjjvash

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless
glitch1501

Postby Ssjjvash » Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:17 am

lol!
I usually do that with most of my favorite books.

Rudyard Kipling

Ssjjvash

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:22 pm

Woot! Tis such a great book. I've read it twice...Hey didn't I start that Ted Dekker thread?? I can't remember. Anyways...There's some freinds of our family out here in Colo Springs that used to go to church with him!
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby That Dude » Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:25 pm

I guess I didn't start that thread about him...Oh well. I'm sure that I mentioned him in one of these threads that I started.
I am convinced that many men who preach the gospel and love the Lord are really misunderstood. People make a “profession,â€
That Dude

Postby glitch1501 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:11 pm

i think there has actually been like 2 threads about ted dekker

Glitch's Photostream

Passion - Kutless