alian Vs preditor

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

alien Vs predator

Postby SilverFang » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:17 am

has anyone else seen the trialer to the movie.
it looks realy good if you ask me.
SilverFang

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:53 am

thats wierd, it just had a coniption and posted only the opening tag..... anyway, im definatly looking forward to this movie. both franchises (wich have been connected for a very long time in literature and games) are awsome, inovators of the science fiction / horror universe. Im looking forward to seeing some good fighting. Looks like its going to be a cool movie. though the official site does not like people who have dial up... so be prepaired for a long wait if you want to check it out.
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Lynx » Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:25 pm

i hope this movie is better than previous game-to-movie titles... (final fantasy: spirits within, i'm thinking of you....)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Lightbringer » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:43 pm

Well they've been movies before they were games, and before they were movies they were books, so since the books translated into good movies, and then movies into great games (sept for the new stratagy game..blah) I would certainly hope it would do well. I dont think we're going to have any problems
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Lightbringer

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:27 am

Some of the AvP comics were really good, I just hope the movie isn't a poorly executed cash in of something fans have wanted to see for a long time coughFreddyvsJasoncough.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Lightbringer » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:11 am

Well one big thing is, Alien and Predator are both still serious. Friday the 13th and Nightmare on elm street have both swayed over to a "comedy horror" kind of genra. I think they had to do it to survive, in the aspect of getting new fans, the old fans im sure dont like it but thats their problem. Freddy vs Jason was kind of a rehash of the old black andwhite monster movies like dracula vs the wolfman, they where all like Americas version of Godzilla movies.

I doubt that AvP will go the comedic rout. They've been together in every other medium its supriseing this wasn't put out a long time ago. My one true worry is that they'll ruin the movie with CG effects. Both movies where way ahead of their time with Makeup affects, prostetics and puppets. You cant watch like Aliens and say, wow thats the dumbest looking puppet ever. cause those things were scary. and the make up affects on the predators where just awsome. Especially when they took their masks off. anyway im done spouting now.
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Lightbringer

Return to General Entertainment