I Robot movie

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

I Robot movie

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:33 am

If you guys saw t
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Mar 28, 2004 1:59 am

I Robot is a classic novel long before the matrix. It came out a long time ago... I can't find the original release, but it's not ripping of animatrix... Isaac Asimov is to sci-fi what Tolkien is to fantasy, and most of today's science fantasy have both of those authors to thank.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0553294385/qid=1080467875/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-1649749-0289458?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

while that release came out in 1991, I'm almost certain the original release was in the 50's or 60's (or before... I'm certain that 91 wasn't the first publishing date, I mean)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Technomancer » Sun Mar 28, 2004 3:21 pm

I Robot is absolutely canon for sci-fi fans; Asimov's always been one of the greats. I think I first read this one when I was back in grade 8 or something. Hmm, now I'm trying to remember what the other books in the series were (they also ended up being tied in with the Foundation books somwhere along the line too). *edit, I'm thinking of "The Caves of Steel" somehow; I can't quite remeber everythin that happened in this one.

In any case, the Animatrix story is itself an iteration on very a old theme. You know, the story of the golem, Frankenstein, RUR, etc.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby lobsterbucket » Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:31 pm

Yeah i'm really sorry man. I read the novels several years ago too. Isaac Asimov is practically the father of Sci-Fi fiction. IRobot was actualyl a collection of short stories. I don't remember any massive destruction of robots in that, but the movie could be different or I could be wrong. I'm really looking forward to seeing it though.

-Daniel
lobsterbucket

Postby Fsiphskilm » Sun Mar 28, 2004 8:07 pm

Ahhh I see... Why
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby CDLviking » Sun Mar 28, 2004 9:08 pm

Wouldn't that make IRobot the original, and everything else unoriginal?
CDLviking

Postby righteous_slave » Mon Mar 29, 2004 6:55 am

Aren't there only like seven actual plotlines, and everything ever written falls into one of those categories? I read that in some literature book ages ago and haven't looked it up to remember what they were.

I saw a preview for this the other night and wondered, how well is it following the original story? I never read it, but what I've seen about it seems like the movie is expanding awfully far out.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby skynes » Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:08 am

Aren't there only like seven actual plotlines, and everything ever written falls into one of those categories? I read that in some literature book ages ago and haven't looked it up to remember what they were.

There is nothing new under the sun.
I am the Reaper of Souls... and it's harvest time.

skynes

Return to General Entertainment