Farewell to the Stargate Franchise

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Farewell to the Stargate Franchise

Postby Yahshua » Wed May 11, 2011 3:24 pm

At Monday May 9 2011 the last episode of the Stargate Universe was shown and it ends the entire Stargate franchise from SG-1 to Atlantis the 15 years full of Stargate Franchise has ended. So I want it to be recognize that Stargate has been a great Scifi Franchise.
Yahshua

Postby rocklobster » Wed May 11, 2011 3:35 pm

What do you expect? Sci-fi stopped caring about its fans when they decided wrestling was sci-fi too. The only reason I watch Smackdown there is that I have no choice. Syfy has been a pretty bad network lately.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed May 11, 2011 5:11 pm

Honestly, I stopped watching after seeing most of the season 1 Universe episodes. I hate SGU with a passion. The only remotely likeable character was Eli. All the other characters were... just awful.

PS They showed it on MONDAY? Really?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 11, 2011 5:26 pm

Finally. I was sick of it by the fifth season, and didn't really care for the expanded universe.

PS- Rocky, if you don't want to watch wrestling, you can always turn off the tv and read a book ;)
Atria35

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Well, I loved SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis was pretty delightful at times. But that was all because they wrote likeable characters who had good chemistry with each other.
What Universe lacked was:
1. Likeable characters
2. Good chemistry

So, basically, everything that made the other Stargate shows awesome.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Peanut » Wed May 11, 2011 6:24 pm

Huh, it never really occurred to me that Stargate had ran for 15 years. I guess part of that is I never really followed it closely and found many of the later renditions to be...awful. But I will always remember the SG-1 Groundhog Day-esque episode that was insanely awesome.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby ich1990 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:32 pm

The Stargate franchise ended at the last episode of Atlantis. That being said, I miss it terribly.

Peanut (post: 1478396) wrote:Huh, it never really occurred to me that Stargate had ran for 15 years. I guess part of that is I never really followed it closely and found many of the later renditions to be...awful. But I will always remember the SG-1 Groundhog Day-esque episode that was insanely awesome.
Crazy, insane, nuts, one fry short of a happy meal!
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Riggidig » Fri May 13, 2011 3:42 pm

Hmmmm..... Maybe they can resurrect the Star Trek franchise now... :sweat:
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby Atria35 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Riggidig (post: 1478813) wrote:Hmmmm..... Maybe they can resurrect the Star Trek franchise now... :sweat:

Didn't the movies destroy some of the cannon on that?

Also.... *goes to check out first and second season of Stargate from the library* These were the only ones I could follow with any consistancy. I loved it.
Atria35

Postby Riggidig » Fri May 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Atria35 (post: 1478819) wrote:Didn't the movies destroy some of the cannon on that?

Also.... *goes to check out first and second season of Stargate from the library* These were the only ones I could follow with any consistancy. I loved it.

Yeah, it did actually, but, from a creative viewpoint, it ROCKED.
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Return to General Entertainment