my predictions for 2011

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

my predictions for 2011

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:04 am

Every year, i make predictions for what will happen next year. Here's what I think will happen:
1. G4tv will fall off the face of the earth.
2. Crappy Network will drop ALL cartoons, including Adult Swim. In other words, Crappy Network will become the new MTV.:shake: (Note, I am now no longer calling CN by its correct name. Unless it miraculously learns that live-action shows don't work (like that'll happen), I will continue to call it Crappy Network.)
3. Another Narnia movie will be announced.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:19 am

4. Rocklobster will make this thread again in 2011 for 2012.
Fish and Chips

Postby Beau Soir » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:45 am

I'm placing my best bet on #2... but it's unfortunate to think it's even come to this. Kids these days would rather watch cruddy live-action shows glorifying the teenage life, I guess. :/

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:32 am

2. Crappy Network will drop ALL cartoons, including Adult Swim. In other words, Crappy Network will become the new MTV. (Note, I am now no longer calling CN by its correct name. Unless it miraculously learns that live-action shows don't work (like that'll happen), I will continue to call it Crappy Network.)

Sigh, your starting to sound like ML. Can you let it go or are you going to sit around wasting your life in being bitter about what Cartoon Network has done in the past. There are bigger things to worry about then some TV network! This is why I don't post any more Toonami clips on my FB, because you take every time to make a comment like this, when I post an old Toonami clip. Maybe you just need make a blog about why you hate CN, it would be better on all of us.

If you look at the lineup, they still show cartoons and Adult Swim is going from 9 pm to 6 am on Dec 28th and most of it still the same stuff that Adult Swim is showing and plan to keep showing and that some is cartoons.

3. Another Narnia movie will be announced.

The new Narnia movie is failing, so I see this one as a big no.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]
Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:06 am

rocklobster (post: 1444980) wrote:1. G4tv will fall off the face of the earth.

Wait, this hasn't already happened? XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:00 am

rocklobster wrote:2. Crappy Network will drop ALL cartoons, including Adult Swim.

Can I buy some pot from you?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:42 pm

There's a reason I'm so bitter, guys. Let me give you a little story. There once was a network called MTV. It played nothing but music videos (hard to believe these days, isn't it). I'd watch it for hours on end. Now look at it. It's a stupid network that no one ever watches. I hate it now. Same thing with Cartoon Network. Aren't you folks miffed too? We have to speak out. I don't want every network to be like MTV, do you?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Well, not that I think posting on a forum is going to change a TV exec's mind on something, but I certainly understand your frustration. XD Largely because I used to love watching G4 years ago when it was awesome, and now I think it sucks horribly and nothing good ever comes on anymore because they merged with TechTV and changed what they were about (also I spend a LOT less time on video games than I used to). XD I get that TV stations have to make money and the purposes behind them sometimes change when they want more money, but I definitely understand being frustrated when they kick the shows you like off the air. XD

Which is why I stick to TV on DVDs anyways. XD No commercials!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:04 pm

rocklobster wrote:It's a stupid network that no one ever watches.

You are not everybody.

You don't watch it. You not watching it is not the same as no one watching it. Adult Swim's ratings are still decent, even if they have dropped...BUT, you have to think of why they dropped. It's December. You have final exams, people doing Christmas and family stuff, of course the ratings aren't going to be as high.

You don't like it, but that's not the same as it being stupid. I don't like C-SPAN. Does that make C-SPAN stupid? No, it means I don't care for its programming choices. AS and CN are doing just fine.

And I have no idea why you keep harping on CN's live action shows. I'm looking at CN's schedule right now and I can count on ONE hand the amount of live-action shows for the week. This is not even remotely close to how MTV was.

I accuse you of being tsundere for Cartoon Network. Because seriously there is no logic behind anything you're saying.

Nate

Postby rocklobster » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:09 pm

Nor is there logic behind there being live-action shows on a Cartoon Network. A CARTOON NETWORK! No matter how many there are. It's the idea behind it, Nate. That's why I don't like it.

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:14 pm

Man you're one of those guys who hated Nick at Nite (BECAUSE NICKELODEON IS A KIDS' CHANNEL WHY ARE THEY SHOWING OLD SHOWS FOR ADULTS) and Mad Men (BECAUSE AMC IS A MOVIE CHANNEL WHY ARE THEY SHOWING A SERIES) huh?

Man there's just no pleasing some people I guess. But it's okay, rock. Just keep going "S-stupid Cartoon Network! It's-it's not like I like you or anything!"

Nate

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:16 pm

Does this thread really have to turn into an argument? And not just that, but an argument that's surfaced and resurfaced on this website so many times before?

Probably not. 8(

Radical Dreamer

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:21 pm

MTV has change like other networks have to the taste of the people that they are targeting. Sorry but true and where some of may not like the style of shows, that is not going matter, because we are not their target groups. The same thing has happen with CN and times have change. We are old, we are not the target group they are going for, other then Adult Swim and that target group is the college kids that like their comedy then they like anime. There is nothing that we can change about it as we are not the major group nor are anine fans are the target group.

Heck, most diehard anime fans can't stand anime on TV anyway and deep down, we are better off and should be thankful for the net as it has giving us more anime that would never make it on tv.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]
Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby goldenspines » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:10 pm

I predict that in 2011, TV companies will still do anything to make money, even if it makes some people mad. :D

In all seriousness, let's get this thread back on track and out of the complaining we've seen for the past months/years.

5. In 2011, I will probably look up G4tv and find out what it is, because apparently people don't like it, but I've never heard of it.
goldenspines

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:14 pm

In 2011 the anime/manga industry will be in even worse shape than it was before.

>:I
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:14 pm

6. I will be the only one to watch the Marvel's Anime Series "Iron Man", because it will be showed on G4TV.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:16 pm

ShiroiHikari wrote:In 2011 the anime/manga industry will be in even worse shape than it was before.

This.

Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:22 pm

In 2011, China has been known for making counterfeits, will build their own life side scale Gundam. Oh wait, that's going on now!

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:30 pm

I predict I will go to college in 2011
I will turn one year older
And I will not grow a beard
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:38 pm

And I will not grow a beard
Oh rly? XP
In 2011... I'll pretty much be the same.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1445096) wrote:Oh rly? XP

Oh rly! :lol:
Atria35

Postby Peanut » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:11 pm

7. I'll spend all of next year, working 8 hour days like any other responsible adult for no pay and shockingly love it.

Radical Dreamer (post: 1445006) wrote:
rocklobster wrote:1. G4tv will fall off the face of the earth.

Wait, this hasn't already happened? XD

I actually read an article a while back that G4tv has managed to survive thanks to their online content. As I recall, they were heading in a direction where there online viewers would surpass their network viewers...so maybe they'll be kicked off cable but live on as an online, storehouse of videos without re-runs of COPS.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:35 pm

rocklobster (post: 1444980) wrote:2. Crappy Network will drop ALL cartoons, including Adult Swim. In other words, Crappy Network will become the new MTV.:shake: (Note, I am now no longer calling CN by its correct name. Unless it miraculously learns that live-action shows don't work (like that'll happen), I will continue to call it Crappy Network.)

Maybe I'm a naive kid, but I don't see this happening. Also I really REALLY hope it doesn't, because CN is where I watch the extreme majority of my cartoons and anime. It would really, really suck for me if they went all live-action. (Where would I watch Sym-Bionic Titan/Generator Rex/ Kekkaishi/whatever anime is on at a reasonable time right now? D: )

My own predictions:

In 2011, I don't think I'll grow a beard either. o.o
In 2011 I'll write another story, and do a second draft of another one, and I hope I fix most of the big plot issues. >.>
" " I will finish one year of high school and start the last one. (I feel so old, now. o.o)
" " I will take measures to make sure I don't have another week before Christmas like this one. @_@
" " I will keep hating snow. I will also have an outrageously great time skiing in said snow.
" " I will probably make a snarky remark about something and get into trouble.
" " I will read at least a couple more books.
" " I will be annoyed but not surprised to see Taylor Swift not pump out another album in a year.
" " The Sisters Grimm series will come to an end, and I will be almost in euphoria when reading the last book, then depressed as anything when I'm finished. I shall then chide myself for reading so 'fast'.
" " I'll come up with cleverer things to say for next year's predictions thread, and maybe more of them will actually be related to 'general entertainment'.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yamamaya » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:06 pm

I predict in 2011 you will be mad.
Yamamaya

Postby blkmage » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:19 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1445070) wrote:In 2011 the anime/manga industry will be in even worse shape than it was before.

Which one are we talking about here, because Japan looks to be hanging on. America, not so much.
blkmage

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Ante predicts that this argument will continue into 2011.
Ante Bellum

Postby Nate » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:07 pm

blkmage wrote:Which one are we talking about here, because Japan looks to be hanging on.

I think she's talking about the possible effects of Bill 156, which are only speculation at this point, but could change the anime/manga industry for the worse and put it in very bad shape.

Nate

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:55 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1445590) wrote:I predict in 2011 you will be mad.
I think Yamamaya's on to something here guys.
Fish and Chips

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:54 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1445590) wrote:I predict in 2011 you will be mad.

I'm always mad. >:I
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1445660) wrote:I'm always mad. >:I

I've always been mad. Haha. Hahahaaa. Ahaaahaaahaaahahahaaa!

Anyway, in 2011, I'm not going to grow a beard either. I went down that road once before, and it wasn't pretty.

I will 1cc a shmup for the first time, and I will finally finish FMA:Brotherhood.

I'll go to geology field camp in the summer, finish my degree, (hopefully) get a job, and finally put all this knowledge I've received over the last four years to use! Unrealistic expectations FTW.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Return to General Entertainment