Scary Movie 3

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Scary Movie 3

Postby wiggins » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:33 pm

Hi guys!
Anyone heard of this movie? A friend has invited me to it and I am not sure if I should accept it, I don't take well to horror movies or anything that is in the slightest bit disturbing. What is it about? What are its good and bad points, and is it appropriate and ok to watch? Thanks!
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby madphilb » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:43 pm

Scary Movie 3 is a spoof on horror films.... the first two where done by someone different... the 3rd movie was done by the same people who did the Airplane movies (this movie is similar from what I understand).

Not too sure about content... It's supposed to be funny, but I can't be sure. I think they toned down the sexual humor in this one though... hopefully someone else can give you some more info.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:04 pm

Well, the PG-13 tells me it must be toned down... I saw a scene in scary movie 2 that was just nasty...

I think the "Ring" spoof is good enough to get me to try it once...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:50 pm

I've seen all three, and I can say that (aside from the first five minutes of the movie) the gross sexual humor has been toned down in Scary Movie 3. It is not a horror movie, but rather a comedy.

[Spoiler=Plot]There are references to The Ring, Signs, 8 Mile, The Others, American Idol, and probably a few other movies/pop culture phenomena[/spoiler]

It is pretty funny, although there is some profanity, comic violence, and the previously mentioned sexual humor. If this sort of thing bothers you, it might not be a good idea to see Scary Movie 3. However, if you do decide to watch, let us know what you think of it. :)
cbwing0

Postby wiggins » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:54 pm

No satanism or Christianity bashing or other inappropriate stuff right? Sexual humor can't be too far if it's PG-13
Being a Christian makes me a different otaku; Being an otaku doesn't make me a different Christian!
wiggins

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:56 pm

There is no satanism of Christianity bashing in the movie, and you are right about the sexual humor. As I said, if you want to avoid 80% of it, just skip the first 10 minutes of the movie. I don't know why there is so much just in that one part, but there is.
cbwing0

Postby wiggins » Sun Jan 25, 2004 1:38 am

I watched it. It was funny in a corny sense, but that zombie girl scared me to tell the truth.
wiggins

Postby Knives » Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:58 am

Well according to focus on the family this one has a ton of ual humor and innuendo. I dont reccomend.
Knives

Postby cbwing0 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:23 am

Wiggins wrote:I watched it. It was funny in a corny sense, but that zombie girl scared me to tell the truth.

Thanks for the update. :)

I can see how the zombie girl would be kind of frightening, but I'm glad your weren't disturbed by anything else in the movie.
cbwing0

Postby Inferno » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:07 am

Knives wrote:Well according to focus on the family this one has a ton of ual humor and innuendo. I dont reccomend.

focus on the family says some retarded things tho. i personally hate FOTF!
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:01 pm

focus on the family says some retarded things tho. i personally hate FOTF!
FOTF is with the dr. james dobson (sp?) right? (BTw i dont think he's a christian)
At least there's an organisation that's trying to do something right. you know, sexuall humor is just gross, and they'd be right 100% not to recommend it.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:15 pm

FotF's plugged in staff are really uptight and overbearing and paranoid and way off on entertainment. I also have a distaste for "Plugged In" thought I love "Adventures in Odyssey"

I didn't even realize the show was still going. They just had their 15th aniversary, or was it 20th... I don't know... Something like that.

Oh, and Dr. Dobson is DEFINATELY a Christian... Just one I disagree with on Entertainment issues.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby madphilb » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:43 pm

Overall I feel FotF is a good group, I don't agree with them on everything (specifically their attitude about entertainment)... however even they don't fully agree within themselves on things, I've seen different stands on similar grey issues within the ministry depending on who it is and what group they minister too.

Frankly much of what FotF does is great stuff, and you can bank on it being biblically sound too (or so I've found)....

I think Ruroken might think that Dobson isn't a Christian because of his psychology background... not sure.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Pantakrator » Wed Feb 11, 2004 5:53 am

Come on everybody, let's beat FOF with a stick of holly till their a bloody pulp and your fingers can't grasp anything 'cause of exautition (spelt wrong I think...)!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like fun doesn't it? It's time to stick it to the man. Yeah!

Come on... You're right FOF (in general)/PluggedIn (specifically) has alot of junk, but they also have much more good stuff. Perhaps I'm on the outside here though because I think their most of their "junk" is music reviews that are (far) too lenient... Some aticles are for the most part pure junk *cough* anime *cough*, and yes they endorse some things way too much (LOTR). Overall though, I can't think of a better group, that is doing more for the christian, and more importantly, secular society than FOF.

I'm horribly off topic I know, but this FOF bashing seems to be becoiming a regular habit in the forums. If I disregarded a band for them doing a few things I disagree with I wouldn't be listening to music right now. Man is weak and he has fallen. As such, any "Christian" group will have some garbage...

Just something to think about...

Oh, and on topic (to some degree) Queen Latifah can be a riot!
Luke 10:22 ... "No one knows who the son is except the Father, and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and those to whom the Son choses to reveal him"

ImageImage
Pantakrator

Postby wiggins » Wed Feb 11, 2004 7:33 am

Cough Cough I thought this wasn't a Focus On the Family Thread cough cough. A any rate, I don't know about FotF, but I do know that Dobson is a really strong Christian, and I really enjoy what I've read his writings. Now I;ve never seen anything from him on the Entertainment Industry so I'm not qualified to talk about that.
wiggins

Postby ZiP » Wed Feb 11, 2004 1:18 pm

Lol, I saw scary movie, its OK, kinda bad but toned down definitly.
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Return to General Entertainment