Dawn of the Dead in '04

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Dawn of the Dead in '04

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:44 pm

As some of you know (if you've been paying attention :P), I am a fan of George Romero's Dead Trilogy (Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Day of the Dead).

According to the website, a remake of the second film, Dawn of the Dead, will be released on March 19 of this year. Later in the year, an enhanced dvd version of the original film will also be released.

You can view the official site (although it is still under construction) here: http://www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/
There is a trailer, but it wasn't working on my computer when I tried to play it with Windows Media Player, but the Quicktime version worked fine. I will warn you that the movie is undoubtedly "R" material, so the younger people might not want to view the trailer.

I would imagine that not too many people have heard about this, especially since there haven't been any previews in recent movies, but it is coming, and I will definitely see it. :grin:

From what I can tell, the film is a departure from previous Dead movies, because the zombies are not slow/sluggish. They can run and move with a fair amount of agility, as in the recent zombie movies "28 Days Later," and "House of the Dead." Of course this is not faithful to the original, but hopefully it will be a respectable remake.

In case you're interested, the originial "Night of the Living Dead," was remade in 1990, with famous makeup artist Tom Savini as director. George Romero was only indirectly involved with that film, and he is not connected with this one apart from being the creator of the original. It remains to be seen whether the film can succeed without him, although I am optimistic.

Love it or hate it, Dawn of the Dead is coming soon.
cbwing0

Postby Michael » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:14 pm

EDIT: Never mind. I thought is was an Evil Dead movie.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Jan 06, 2004 1:17 pm

Yeah...I was just about to correct you. :lol:

You can still go see it though.
cbwing0

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Jan 07, 2004 9:54 am

No one else likes DOTD... :(
cbwing0

Postby cbwing0 » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:29 pm

Bad news: the movie comes out on March 19, but my Spring Break is over on March 14! :bang:
cbwing0

Postby Michael » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:38 pm

Bummer for you mate. I don't think anyone here's a fan of DotD.
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Stephen » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:28 pm

I have not seen any of the old films...but I will probably at some point. Also plan on seeing this in the theaters.
Stephen

Postby cbwing0 » Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:32 am

Thanks...I'm glad I'm not the only one. :sweat:

Also, there is a new, longer trailer on the official website. It is worth checking out if you are thinking of seeing the film.
cbwing0

Postby Inferno » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:03 am

wats this movie about?
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby cbwing0 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:12 am

Zen wrote:wats this movie about?

Without giving too much away, a strange disease has caused the dead to rise and attack the living. Anyone who dies becomes one of them. This movie is the second in the series (of three), just as civilization is falling apart. Unlike the originial, these zombies are fast. They can run, jump, etc. I don't know how that will work out, but the trailer looks good so far.

This version is a re-make of the 1978 film, which is one of the best horror movies of all time.

There is also a synopsis on the website, but it gives away more of the story than I did.
cbwing0

Return to General Entertainment