Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Lost

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:44 pm

Ok, so I know that this show is already on its second season, but I just started watching the first season a few days ago, and I'm addicted!! I've watched through episode 8 so far, and I LOVE it!! So, who else has watched or is watching this show? Oh, and no spoilers, please (unless you want to put them in labeled spoiler tags, I guess...)! :D
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:35 pm

Oo! OO! ME!!! I'm an acute Lost obsessee!

There is already a really long thread about it though, somewhere in the depths. It's prolly about time to dig up the ole' Lost thread and beat off all the dust. It seems to have dissapeared from the upper pages ever since the show lapsed into reruns..

I loves Hurley, and Locke, and Sayid and Sawyer and Jin and Sun, and pretty much the whole cast, except for withdrawl-Charlie, he's mean-

*attempts to cease her ramblings*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:18 pm

Haha, Yay! Another fan!

Anyways, I looked for another thread, but none came up when I searched for thread titles...I was surprised! XD

Hurley is DEFINITELY one of the funniest characters on the show!! XD Locke is becoming one of my favorites, simply because of how cool he is. No one else on the plane brought 400 knives with them...hahaha! Also, as cliche as this may be, I really like Jack! He's a very moral character (up to episode 11, at least...I watched a few more tonight :D), and I appreciate that in TV shows these days. I also noticed something about his last name...Shepherd. That MUST have something to do with his leadership qualities, ne? :D

Sayid is VERY cool, and I really like his backstory! It's really sad, but really good at the same time. Plus, he gets points for not liking Sawyer, who I hate, at this point, anyways. XD He's just so...agh, scum! Hahaha! I don't know, maybe he'll get better as the series moves along, but man. :lol:

Anyways, I just finished watching the episode where [SPOILER=even though it probably doesn't matter...Everyone's seen this ep by now if they watch the show :lol:] Charlie and Claire get taken away by that Ethan character, and Charlie got hung. Haha, I really thought he was going to die for a while! I was sad, because (I forgot to mention it earlier) I like Charlie! XD Maybe I'm just partial because of LOTR, who knows.[/SPOILER]

Well, needless to say, I am SO anxious to find out what happens to Claire and her baby!! I need to watch the next episode, but I also need sleep. Haha!
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tarnish » Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:59 pm

(Gir voice) I love this show!
Seriously, this show is awesome. The only real problem I have with it, is that I missed something like 12 eps and I still knew what was going on when I started watching again.
My favorite is Hurley, too.
i draw things

Ponies are for ages six and under.
Tarnish

Postby Tommy » Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:10 am

Hm, is it Survivor with a script and a hobbit?

(Not that Survivor doesn`t have a script)
FKA Tom Dincht

Check out my band if you've got the time.
http://encompass1.bandcamp.com/
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:24 pm

Tom wrote:Hm, is it Survivor with a script and a hobbit?

(Not that Survivor doesn`t have a script)

No, it's actually quite a fantastic piece of work. Of course, since you obviously haven't seen it, you really can't say much about it, can you?

[SPOILER=for Tom]Are we returning to the days of posting in threads for mere bashing, Tom? That got old a long time ago, if I remember correctly.[/SPOILER]

Moving right along, I've watched through episode 17 now. I've decided that I don't like Michael, though! He's got anger management issues, haha. I AM starting to like Sawyer a LITTLE bit more, but he's still a jerk for not telling Jack about his dad. Locke is getting cooler and cooler with every episode...He just knows so much stuff! Oh, but I'm not sure I'm liking Sayid's and Shannon's little side-relationship...He deserves better than her. XD Besides, he has to go and find Nadia! He doesn't know if she survived or not! I can't WAIT to finish season one, so I can start with season two!! :D I'm so loving this show.

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:36 pm

OOOOOO! Lost has KOREAN PEOPLE on it!

They are my peoples!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:42 pm

There you go!! A reason to watch!!! Actually, I like Sun (the wife) MUCH better than I like Jin (the husband). Sun is just...better, haha. I really liked the symbolism at the end of ep. 17, after [SPOILER=Sun and Jin]Jin tells her it's too late for their relationship to be fixed, and so she walks out into the ocean with that blanket he made her wear and drops it behind her...Really cool. :D[/SPOILER]

I've got to finish watching it...! o_o

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:44 pm

Oo, if you have problems with Sawyer and Jin I would highly recommend Exodus, the first part of the season finale. Mushy gushy moments abound *squee!*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:03 pm

Hahaha, well, I'm about to get there! I'll watch the rest of disc 5 tomorrow, possibly along with 6. I'm so addicted to this show now; I don't know what I'll do when I see all the eps I have. XD BUT, I did see the episode where [SPOILER=Sawyer's Past]you see Sawyer's parents die, which was really sad. And then the part where he shoots the man who works the shrimp truck, and finds out that Hibbs was only using him as a hitman...Wow.[/SPOILER]

It'll still take a while for him to grow on me, though! XD

EDIT: Ok, so I've watched some more Lost eps. :D I'm about to finish the first season! I think that Locke definitely has one of the saddest backstories on the show. Also, Hurley's backstory is...VERY interesting. Those numbers are really starting to play a big part on the show, haha! I'm also VERY curious to know what lies beneath the hatch, especially after seeing Walt's reaction when Locke touched him (I'm curious about that, too. XD Why is Walt so special? Hmm...). Anyways, I have to watch the last two eps tomorrow, and then it's on to the first 9 eps of season 2! I'm excited, haha!

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:20 pm

Walt's reaction totally creeped me out at the time I saw it. Oo, your so lucky to be watching it all in one shot! I had to see it spaced out throughout the year, with delays between new episodes, commercial breaks and me always having to scream home on Wednesday nights to catch the latest eppy. But, I guess it was something to be giddy about each week :eyebrow:

Have you tried reviewing the older episodes? Things start to pop out atcha. For example:
[spoiler] When you first see Kate, she's distinctly rubbing her wrists, which are probably sore due to the handcuffs, and Walt's seen reading a comic about a Polar Bear just prior to the polar bear attack. And Hurley's on the TV in the second Sun & Jin episode. Plus those numbers just keep popping up; the distress signal was repeating for 16 years, the was a 23 thousand dollar reward for Kate, and on and on and on-[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:15 pm

awww thats lame! A reason to not watch it now!

[spoiler]the korean couple should like.... recommit themselves and fix[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:20 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Walt's reaction totally creeped me out at the time I saw it. Oo, your so lucky to be watching it all in one shot! I had to see it spaced out throughout the year, with delays between new episodes, commercial breaks and me always having to scream home on Wednesday nights to catch the latest eppy. But, I guess it was something to be giddy about each week :eyebrow:

Have you tried reviewing the older episodes? Things start to pop out atcha. For example:
[spoiler] When you first see Kate, she's distinctly rubbing her wrists, which are probably sore due to the handcuffs, and Walt's seen reading a comic about a Polar Bear just prior to the polar bear attack. And Hurley's on the TV in the second Sun & Jin episode. Plus those numbers just keep popping up]

Yeah, I noticed a lot of the stuff in your spoiler!

[SPOILER=...previous spoiler]I didn't notice Kate rubbing her wrists, but I did see Walt reading Hurley's comic book (found out it was Hurley's after I watched the LAST ep of the season last night...:grin: ). I noticed Hurley on the TV, too, but I thought I was just seeing things the first time. XD Oh! And the numbers! Locke was paralyzed for 4 years. The flight number was 8-15. Reusseau's (agh, that's probably spelled wrong) message repeated for 16 years, Kate's 23,000 dollar reward...Also, the flight was in gate 23. I haven't figured out 42 yet, though.[/SPOILER]

Ok, so the last two episodes! Aaack! Yes, I do like Sawyer MUCH more now...I LOVED the scene with him and Jack!! Haha, I was hoping that would happen. Anyways, I'm verrry curious to know [SPOILER=The Others] what is so different about Walt, and why The Others would want him. Both Hurley and Walt have turned out to be very important characters...[/SPOILER]

Haha, I can't imagine what I would have done at the end of Exodus: Part 2 if I were watching it on TV, instead of DVD, with the first nine eps of season two on my brother's computer. XD I watched season two's first episode last night, and I loved the whole thing with Desmond...So unexpected!! Oooh, and the scene when Shannon sees Walt. So mysterious, haha! I can't wait to get caught up! :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:00 pm

MSP wrote:awww thats lame! A reason to not watch it now!

'tis true. You have shamed me with your wisdom :sweat:

The scene with Jack and Sawyer was so adorable, it caught me entirely off guard but I was so happy that Sawyer finally spilled the beans about Jack's dad. It definitely boosted my Sawyer fangirl quotient. It was definitely neck to neck with the Sun and Jin make-up scene in terms of drama and tearjerking factor.

Oo, and there was Rousseau behaving completely unpredictably, the bestowing of Vincent into Shannon's care and the Artz-go-BOOM-scene!

Really, the summer wait for new episodes wasn't that bad. Though my brother and I were absolutely giddy when the new season started up. Even though we spent the first few minutes arguing if we were even on the right channel. The 60's pop music and the unidentifiable male going about his morning ritual was absolutely bizzare but kinda brilliant too.

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:09 am

the_lizardqueen wrote: the Artz-go-BOOM-scene!

Hahahaha! I loved that scene...He was so annoying, but Hurley was SO funny! "Dude...you've got some...Artz...on you..." :lol:

The 60's pop music and the unidentifiable male going about his morning ritual was absolutely bizzare but kinda brilliant too.

Hahaha, I had that song stuck in my head for an entire day after I watched that ep! When I first saw that scene, I thought it was a flashback for Sawyer or something, since he's the only one I had seen with hair that long. XD But then, when the dust fell from the ceiling...Agh, that was so great!! :grin:

Radical Dreamer

Postby PrincessZelda » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:25 am

Ohh!! I love Lost!! I've only seen the first season, though
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:37 am

Gasp! You must see the second season! Haha, even though I've only seen the first episode (until later today, haha), it still answers SOME questions from the end of season one. If you have iTunes, you can buy the first nine eps of season 2 for 1.99$ each...You may want to consider it! :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby Lynx » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:23 pm

lost is AMAZING!!!! i think i pulled the same thing as you... got the first season on DVD, watched it over christmas break, got absolutely hooked, watched downloaded eps off itunes to feed my fix. way to figure out all that stuff with the numbers, the only one i figured out was the 23 thousand reward, but thats cuz they say that one flat out. whenever the show answers a question, the answer seems to raise a ton more questions! for example, when you find out whats in the hatch you're just like... what the heck... lol. anyways, i also like how everyone is tied together somehow before the flight, or so it seems. for example, the thing with saywer and jack's dad, and i think hurley owns the box company locke worked for.
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:35 pm

Lynx wrote:lost is AMAZING!!!! i think i pulled the same thing as you... got the first season on DVD, watched it over christmas break, got absolutely hooked, watched downloaded eps off itunes to feed my fix. way to figure out all that stuff with the numbers, the only one i figured out was the 23 thousand reward, but thats cuz they say that one flat out. whenever the show answers a question, the answer seems to raise a ton more questions! for example, when you find out whats in the hatch you're just like... what the heck... lol. anyways, i also like how everyone is tied together somehow before the flight, or so it seems. for example, the thing with saywer and jack's dad, and i think hurley owns the box company locke worked for.

Haha, yep, that's what I did. XD Anyways, just watched ep. 2 from season 2!!
Ack!

[SPOILER=Episode 26] Ok, so wow! I'm guessing that the "he" that Desmond was telling Locke about is Jack...I kinda wish they had shown more of Jack/Locke/Kate, instead of Michael and Sawyer. I'm dying to know what happens after Jack says "you!" XD[/SPOILER]

Anyways, now I'm wondering about The Others more, since Jin came running to the shore to Mike and Sawyer for his life...Yikes! I can't wait to see more...Hopefully I'll be caught up by the time they play new eps next week!!

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:17 pm

Beware the cryptic spoiler:
[spoiler]Just wait until you guys witness the amazing supreme awesomeness that is Mr. Eko *sighs happily*[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:39 pm

Those rats. They pre-empted Lost on the West Coast with the Rose Bowl! Who cares about football, Lost is on! :rant:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:00 pm

Wha-? It was on TONIGHT!?!?

I thought the new episodes were making their debut next week!! OMIGOSH!!

*panic time*

the_lizardqueen

Postby the_lizardqueen » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:05 pm

Well, after nearly shrieking because I thought I had missed an Eko-centric episode, I found out that it's airing on the 11th. Oops, false alarm :sweat:

the_lizardqueen

Postby shooraijin » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 am

Oh, good, because the local TV guide didn't say if it was a new 'un, obviously. :sweat:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:37 pm

Yeah, from what I hear, it'll be showing NEXT Wednesday at 8, for two hours...episodes 9 and 10, I believe. Yaah! I have to get caught up before then! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:12 pm

MAJOR Episode 10 Speculation..
[spoiler]Y'know, I just saw a (Canadian) preview for the next episode on CTV and it almost makes it look like Eko is somehow connected to the Nigerian drug smugglers that were in the yellow plane that killed Boone. The preview shows Eko freaking out over one of the Virgin Mary statues and demanding that Claire tells him where Charlie is.

Who knows? It could be extremely out of context and the previews have been misleading in the past. Like the timer hitting 0:00 in the preview for What Kate Did, whereas in the episode itself Locke somehow resets the time in the nick of time (although it did hit 0:00) :shady:

But there was suspicious early speculation about Eko. Once people had gotten over thinking that he was Bernard (what were we thinking??! :lol: ) they started guessing that perhaps he was connected to the smugglers, due to his accent and his religious ways. I kinda hope it doesn't go that way, I really doubt it will.[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:32 pm

Yaaah!! I just watched eps 5-9!! Ok! So. [SPOILER=Walt, Shannon, the OTHER others...etc.]Walt. Where is his computer?? He's obviously with The Others, but how can he contact his dad via the "doomsday" computer, as I'll call it. XD Also, will the fact that Michael is communicating with Walt cause another "incident?" And what was the first incident? Ahhh!! So many questions!! XD Oh, and I must say, I was totally happy when Kate and Jack kissed. Yay!! AND, I was happy when Shannon died. I felt sad for Sayid, because he's cool, but...she's just not right for him! :lol: But I REALLY don't like Ana Lucia. Agh, she's such a butch, and she's always knocking Sawyer around like she can tell him what to do! XD Oooh, but I really like Eko!! He's like, cut from the same mold as Locke, it seems. And I'm wondering why Locke and Charlie haven't had a little heroine heart-to-heart yet.[/SPOILER] Haha! Anyways, I'm sure I left SOMETHING out, but I'll come back and post that later. All I can say now is....Wednesday better come soon. :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:50 pm

Lost is so good but i need to see season 2 and so i'll probably go on i-tunes and get the eps1-9 for 1.99 at somepoint very very soon
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:15 pm

Hurry, haha! Epsiode 10 is coming on at 9 on Wednesday, or you could watch Lost: Revelation at 8...It's supposed to be a super-catcher-upper, haha. Anyways, I can hardly wait!!

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:10 pm

Wow!!! Just watched the new episode!! Aaall about Eko! For the most part, at least. So, what did you guys think? [SPOILER=episode 10...or 11, if Revelation counts]Eko is a totally cool character! He's got a really interesting past, and I'm wondering how he got on the plane from Sydney to LA now. XD And the scene with the "eye of the island"!! That's pretty much the first time you get a good, full view of that thing, and it was awesome! Eko didn't even flinch, haha! It was really sad when he found his brother, though...But it was still a good scene. I feel bad for Charlie, though...I mean, Claire doesn't want him around anymore! :sniffle: But I do wonder...Do you think Charlie took the Mary statue because of the heroine, or because it was Mary? He did used to be a catholic, after all...I dunno, but I can't WAIT for the next episode!! Michael looks like he's gone half-insane looking for Walt (we didn't get to find out where he is! "You need to come..." and then it switches camera views!) :O But apparently, Michael knows where he is, which is why he's going to look for him, haha. But man...I seriously don't like him! From the looks of things, he injures Locke, and then endangers the rest of the "crew" because they all go out and follow him. But it looks like they're going to come face-to-face with The Others!! [/SPOILER]

Man, that's going to be amazing...! :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Next

Return to General Entertainment