Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Yumie » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:28 pm

I actually drove over to my friend's house to borrow the tape of this episode at 10:00 at night, but it was worth it!

[spoiler]Yeah! I noticed Nadia too! Oh boy, she's alive! I wonder, if Locke saw the photo of her that Sayid had, would he remember her? That would be interesting.

And, what's up with Henry? First he's good, then bad, then good. . . now it definitely seems like he's bad, but who really knows, they could spin that on its head and have us believing he's good again in the first few minutes of next week's episode.

And I want to know what that map was for, on the back of the door. I thought it was odd that the thing in the middle of the island looked like a question mark. Or to me it did, but maybe I'm just weird.

Also, a supply drop on the island! That means that there are people in the outside world who still know that there are people on that island (though they may not know who.) At least we know they'll keep getting some supplies.

And, of ALL the people they could choose to have get "sick," I never in a million years would have guessed it would be Hurley! He's comedic relief, he can't die! Personally, I bet that scene where it looks like he's falling off the cliff is going to be a
hallucination, but there's no way to know for sure. It'll be a kind of an interesting twist, I think.[/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby White » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:31 pm

[SPOILER]Well Looks Like Henry Is Down For The Count, Anyone See The Preview, Hehe, Bang!

Also, It's Awesome To See That The Hatch Went Off Without The Button Being Pressed! I Wonder What Will Happen Next...[/SPOILER]

Your Bro In Christ,

Sam/White
White

Postby Lynx » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:04 am

White wrote:[SPOILER]
Also, It's Awesome To See That The Hatch Went Off Without The Button Being Pressed! I Wonder What Will Happen Next...[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER] yeah... but... what if henry did something when he was alone with the computer? that would explain the food, the hatch doors opening, and the weird blacklight picture thing... [/SPOILER]
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:25 pm

[SPOILER=The Map]Heheee! The map is a map of all of the hatches located on the island! If you look closely at pictures of it, you can see the Dharma logos and the other hatches. It's so exciting![/SPOILER]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Locke » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:32 pm

Hey guys they have Lost shirts at Hot Topic now!

I saw one with the Lost numbers on it and another with the Dharma symbol.
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Mangafanatic » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:27 pm

I was watching a talk show today, and they were interviewing Walt. During the show, they brought out a fabulous shirt. The body of the shirt was black, and in white lettering across the front it said "Where's Walt." Brilliant! :lol:
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:58 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:I was watching a talk show today, and they were interviewing Walt. During the show, they brought out a fabulous shirt. The body of the shirt was black, and in white lettering across the front it said "Where's Walt." Brilliant! :lol:

Ha ha, yeah, that was so funny. . .I don't know if any of you have ever seen TV water cooler on TV guide channel, but they were interviewing him on there, and at the end they had this random guy shouting from offstage, "We don't want any trouble-- we just want the boy! Give us the boy!" And the guy comes on stage kind of repeating that, and the hosts and the Walt kid were all like, "Oh no!" And then the guy grabs the Walt kid and throws him over his shoulder and exits the stage. . . it was so funny. . .

Yumie

Postby Yumie » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:11 pm

Oh groodness. . .

[spoiler]Libby is loco! That's not good-- how on EARTH is she passing herself of a as psychiatrist when really, she's just psycho? And why is she blond now, and all interested in Hurley? That's just weird. And it's kind of weird knowing that Hurley is minorly mentally messed up too.

Oh, and, "he" has been mentioned again. . . dum dum duuuuuuuuum. . .[/spoiler]

Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:20 pm

[spoiler]They're crazy. They're all crazy. The island is really a mental institution. XD

For real, Libby is loco. I NEVER saw that coming. . . atleast not until the final scene. I wonder what she's in for. Is she completely making up all this psychiatrist stuff, or did she get out and become a psychiatrist? It seems unlikely that she could have helped Claire the way she did if she knew nothing about psychiatry.

Sayid was brilliant in this episode![/spoiler]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Lynx » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:07 pm

[SPOILER] wow... that was a good episode! now im like... "is this all just some psychotic halucination of them all?!?!?! i dont think so, i think it's really happening... dun dun dun....

and oh yeah, you're right, it ended well... i cant believe libby was in the same mental institution! [/SPOILER]
Lynx

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:52 am

Phew! Haven't been to this thread in quite a while, I'm glad to see that it's continued to thrive without my ramblings and even picked up a number of new faces ^.^

My two cents on Dave
[spoiler]My brother actually called Dave as an imaginary friend during the first basketball scene! I had thought it seemed a bit odd that his mannerisms were exactly like Hurley's and my brother noticed that everyone else was ignoring him. I'm gonna blame that ruined twist on The Sixth Sense and Fight Club :/

Hurley laying the smackdown on Sawyer = Priceless

Hurley being convinced that it's all a dream = terrifyingly, convincingly mind-bending. It really reminded me of that one Buffy episode in which she 'awoke' in an alternate reality where she was a psychiatric patient. They never did clarify which reality was for real in BtVS. I'm pretty sure the island is more or less real, although the dream bit it really would explain Hurley's numbers. Or even scarier, what if Libby is imagining it all? She would know about the numbers, and she is crazeh O_o

I pretty much screamed when they panned around to the psycho-looking Libby in the psych ward. There had been alot of speculation that she was either:

A) One of the psychiatrists at Hurley's ward
B) An evil Other
or C) A fellow psych ward patient.

It still caught me off-guard though. I bet, she was *stalking* Hurley. It would explain why she's so drawn to him, why she's so sinister and how they ended up on the same flight, though it's making me worry for the future of Hurley's sanity. What is it with him a crazy chicks? First Rousseau, now Libby *shakes head*

As for Libby's psycho-babble, she's probably had enough experience on the recieving end of psychiatric care to be able to wing it and pass herself off as one of them.[/spoiler]
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:55 am

Why doesn't my laptop like Quick Edit?! Urgh.

Anyways, I was just editing to say that Ana Lucia and Sayid belong together. I am totally digging the chemistry between them and the potential for angst, plus they both have the common ground of being gun crazed and shooting things. And they're pretty.

Ah yes, and I kinda like Henry. Which is sad, because I don't see good things happening to him.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Lynx » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:27 am

in case anyone is interested, here are the links to the teeshirts mentioned a few posts back.

dharma shirt:
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=243453

numbers shirt:
http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=263320
Lynx

Postby rocklobster » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:04 pm

Was last night weird or what? I mean, is this really in Hurley's head? Or is it Libby's? I sure hope this isn't going to do what St. Elsewhere did and have it all be in someone's head. That is just a terrible way to end things.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Bianca » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:22 pm

SayidXAna is a great couple! If they don't get together, I can at least see eachother healing eachother as friends, because they understand eachother so well, but JackXAna is nice as well

~~

"Dave" actually somehow made me like Hurley less..im not sure why. Also, I was not rooting for HurleyXLibby, so that sort of sucked. On the other hand, I liked the twist about Libby *will not speak of spoilers*
Bianca

Postby silver1ightning » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:12 pm

[spoiler="Spoiler- click and drag the area below to reveal"]
Wow, can you believe I actually thought Dave was real? I mean, if since he isn't, how did Hurley get the slipper? Was it imaginary?

And as for our mysterious friend, who we found out is not really "Henry Gale", do you think he lied when he talked about the timer not really doing anything? I'm betting my shoes that he is lying. But you never know... It could be true, but the script writer might be trying to trick us by putting all this evidence against him...

Wow, lots to ponder on. [/spoiler]
And we know that all things work together for the good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:38

silver1ightning

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:10 pm

Ok, haven't been able to get to the computer in several days, but now it's time for my weekly spill about Lost!! XD

[SPOILER] SO! Libby being in the psychiatric ward was absolutely stunning! I think she's still psycho, and is probably faking her psychiatrist-ness. *nodnod* And Henry. Oooooh, I don't like Henry. Sayid was awesome, and I felt really bad for Locke!! I mean, he was paralyzed, then he wasn't paralyzed, and now he can't really move how he wants to, even if he isn't officially paralyzed. Word is he'll be on crutches for the remainder of the season. I'm SO excited about next week's episode!! Apparently, Jack is going to try to make a trade with the others: Henry for Walt or Michael. But the preview showed him getting captured, at least, that's what it looked like. I hope nothing bad happens!! :O[/SPOILER]
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:10 am

Warning, this is potentially massive spoiler about Lost. Read at your own risk:
[spoiler]Am I the only one that thinks that Locke's dad is so definitely the original Sawyer? The evidence:
1. He has toyed around with women in the past (eg. Locke's mother) and he's unlikely to ever settle down. He's a playboy of sorts.
2. Locke's mother refers to him as being good at getting money.
3. He conned his own son out of a kidney.
4. He managed to con the scary-mobster-dudes out of a tremendous amount of cash. He obviously has prior experience.
5. He's rich and remorseless.
6. The writers loves to set up twisted pre-island crossovers.
[/spoiler]
I can't help thinking that the writers must be revisiting that plotline in the Locke flashbacks for a good, less obvious, reason. The above would probably qualify. I'd love to see how they are ever going to introduce the plot twist though, but if they managed with the whole Jack's Daddy/Sawyer meeting, I'm sure they would find a way.

And I just remembered; Locke was interested in Sawyer's real name!

the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:50 am

Oh, I definitely agree about that. My brother and I have talked it over in the past, and we all think that that's what will happen. And it really does make perfect sense, when you think of it. I want to see more of Locke's backstory, it's so interesting, and I still want to find out how he got paralyzed in the first place! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Yumie » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:41 pm

WHOA. . . LQ, I never thought of that, but I bet you're right! Wow, that'd be an interesting twist. . .

Yumie

Postby Gypsy » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:43 am

Um ... wow, that is a really good theory. Now I'll be watching for it!

I haven't been to the Lost boards in a long time, but a lot of people were under the impression that the button sets time back (something about dharma being an ancient aztec prophecy and the numbers being the date that the world is supposed to end). I was thinking the other day (when I should have been working) about how on earth they are going to bring Walt back - he's grown a lot more in real life than he would have if he was really on the island timeline. That'd be a little hard to explain on the show ... unless they really art setting back time. I don't buy it, but it is an interesting theory to ponder. However, this came from the boards who were convinced that Mr. Echo was really Walt and Locke was really baby Aaron ...

Oh yeah, and I hate Libby even more now.
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby Lynx » Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:09 pm

interesting theory!

i just wanted to share with you all a site i visit weekly...

http://www.tv.com/lost/show/24313/summary.html

it has episode summaries as well as general info about the show. it also has summaries about episodes into may.
Lynx

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:13 pm

Pretty good episode tonight...

[SPOILER] Ok, so! It's obvious that the Island has healed people (Locke, Jin, and now Rose), but why? Also, Michael's back! I'm interested to see where the story will go after this...And what's going on with Henry and Ana in the next episode? Interesting...Oh, and I was happy to see a little more with the JackxKate relationship. :3 *is alone, probably* :lol: Anyways, I'm also curious to find out whether or not Henry pushed the button...He's so evil... :shady:[/SPOILER]

So! Your thoughts? :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby Lynx » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:24 pm

[SPOILER] ok i think i know why the island healed people. remember in the dharma video he mentioned they were doing magentic experiments on the island? and all the concrete lining the hatch? well the faith healer rose saw mentioned that there was a lot of magnatism in that spot and thats why he could heal people in that spot. oh and remember, there was one episode where one of the characters was using a compass and thought it was broken? that could be explained by weird magnatism on the island. so i think that's why they were healed. [/SPOILER]
Lynx

Postby Felix » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:28 pm

[spoiler]Could be, Lynx. That's an interesting idea, at any rate. Well I thought the episode was good, if a little unexciting. I'm really interested in what's going on with the hatch and the button and Henry and everything though. I really hope the climax of the show lives up to expectations >_< Lately Lost has been dissapointing me somewhat. It's just not as good as the first season.[/spoiler]
Felix

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:30 pm

Lynx wrote:[SPOILER] ok i think i know why the island healed people. remember in the dharma video he mentioned they were doing magentic experiments on the island? and all the concrete lining the hatch? well the faith healer rose saw mentioned that there was a lot of magnatism in that spot and thats why he could heal people in that spot. oh and remember, there was one episode where one of the characters was using a compass and thought it was broken? that could be explained by weird magnatism on the island. so i think that's why they were healed. [/SPOILER]

Hmm, yeah, that's a good theory. It definitely makes a lot of sense. But...[SPOILER] Do you think that same magneticism is what made the "infection" back when Reusseau was there? Or do you think that's not even related at all?[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Lynx » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:34 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Hmm, yeah, that's a good theory. It definitely makes a lot of sense. But...[SPOILER] Do you think that same magneticism is what made the "infection" back when Reusseau was there? Or do you think that's not even related at all?[/SPOILER]

i dont know, it's probably unrelated, but who knows with lost.

[SPOILER] i do think that the finale is gonna be good... i think they're gonna have them storm the other's base as the finale of this season.... oh the mysteries of the island! [/SPOILER]
Lynx

Postby TallHobbit86 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 10:16 am

[spoiler="LOST"] yay! the island has a dentist! yay for dentists! i got the impression from a couple of his conversations with his wife that he isn't a christian like his wife, though... [/spoiler]
King Moonracer: Don't tell me I need a root canal. This is a secret message... XD
Hermey the Elf, D.D.S: You need a root canal. Secret Bumping Club Member #9
King Moonracer: I asked you not to tell me that. geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html
TallHobbit86

Postby Lynx » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:12 am

TotallyBonkers wrote:This show is my faveorite!!I nearly cried with mr Eko when he found his brother in the plane!! *sniffle* He's my faveorite carachter in the season-mr Eko, not his brother that is...

first off hello and welcome to the lost thread... we're all rabid fans here;) (visit this thread on a wednesday night after lost or on a thursday morning to know what i mean...)

yeah i like eko too, the church building thing is really cool!
Lynx

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:20 am

At first, I liked Charlie. I liked him a lot

But then he attacked Sun! T____T I don't like him too much now.
Mr. SmartyPants

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment