What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm

my sister was watching Bend it like Beckham yesterday so i watched part of it with her...
[SIZE="4"]*FASTING FROM CAA (9/25/08 - ???)*[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."
- Westminister Confession of Faith (Chapter 5, Section 1)

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

"The very One from Whom we need to be saved, is the One Who has saved us."
- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."
- Dr. Joseph Ton, the exiled Romanian pastor (quoted by James Montgomery Boice)

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:32 pm

My siblings have been watching the old Monkees tv show on DVD recently...I've got to admit, despite being completely random and looking like it would be an amutuer film on youtube, it's actually some pretty good stuff....
Danderson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:24 am

The Pursuit of Happyness.

Wow. That was an AWESOME movie! Will Smith at his best! It touched my heart *sniff*
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:03 am

i'm going to watch Balls of Fury today. i don't know if it's gonna be all that great...

[SIZE="1"]
"Sometimes we don't present the Gospel well enough for the non-elect to reject it."
- John MacArthur

"In the total expanse of the human life, there is not a single square inch of which Christ, who alone is sovereign, does not declare, 'That is mine'."
- Abraham Kuyper

"God the great Creator of all things doth uphold, direct, dispose, and govern all creatures, actions, and things, from the greatest even to the least, by His most wise and holy providence, according to His infallible foreknowledge and the free and immutable counsel of His own will, to the praise of the glory of His wisdom, power, justice, goodness, and mercy."

"The wisdom of God has found a way for the love of God to deliver sinners from the wrath of God all the while upholding the righteousness of God!!"
- John Piper

"Grace is the pleasure of God to magnify the worth of God by giving sinners the right and power to delight in God without obscuring the glory of God!"
-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

"All of Christian life is ceaseless worship of God the Father, through the mediatorship of God the Son, by the indwelling power of God the Spirit, doing what God commands in Scripture, not doing what God forbids in Scripture, in culturally contextualized ways, for the furtherance of the Gospel, when both gathered for adoration, and scattered for action, in joyous response to God's glorious grace."
- Mark Driscoll

"Believers do not pray with the view of informing God about things unknown to Him, or of exciting Him to do His duty, or of urging Him as though He were reluctant. On the contrary, they pray in order that they may arouse themselves to seek Him, that they may exercise their faith in meditating on His promises, that they may relieve themselves from their anxieties by pouring them into His bosom; in a word, that they may declare that from Him alone they hope and expect, both for themselves and for others, all good things."
- Martin Luther

"I have to tell you first that I am ready to die. I have put my affairs in order. Your supreme weapon is killing. My supreme weapon is dying, because when you kill me, people all over Romania will read my books and believe on the God that I preach - even more than they do now."

"The best prayer I ever prayed had enough sin in it to condemn the whole world."
- John Bunyan

"If the Christian has lost sight of Calvary, that shows that he has lost his way."
- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:15 am

Wacthed a little bit of Cars last night....You know you've made a good film when the audience starts getting all emotional in the end for....talking cars?....Why can't other films have Pixars standards....
Danderson

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:10 pm

Balls of Fury. it was okay i guess. some of the jokes were pretty funny, but others were sorta lame...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:26 pm

Watched the Curse of the Golden Flower which was rather lame and had a bad ending.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby tokiklok » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:24 pm

hmmm the simpsons movie its funny
Made by Seppuku ^-^

tokiklok

Postby Danderson » Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:25 pm

Just watched M. Night Shaymalans, "Unbreakable"....All I can say is WOW....There were so many moments where my mouth was just gaping open becuase of the way the plot was unfolding in front of me....Everything about this film was just mind blowing without any explosions, or earth shattering battles....and for a film maker who just made a film (I'm taling about M. Night here) about superheros that's quite an achievement.....
Danderson

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:17 pm

i just watched The Bourne Supremacy. good stuff man. really good stuff.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:40 pm

Just watched "Fun with Dick and Jane" and "Speed" with some friends. Wasn't so big on the language, but both were good entertainment wise, as long as you didn't take them too seriously...
Danderson

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:33 pm

The Death Note movie. Very interesting^^ Light's even more of a jerk in this one, with what he did at the end. I know some people said how they changed some parts of the story around, but if it was the EXACT same, wouldn't it be a little boring watching a manga to anime to live-action adaptation of the EXACT same thing? Manga to anime is fine, but yeah^^ Lots of the main parts were adapted exact and the same, of course. L though, wow his character is even more awsome as a real person^^ Very nicely done!
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:57 am

I saw The Illusionist two and a half times in the space of five days. It was in a foreign language, so I didn't quite understand everything, but the basics of the story could be understood just by watching (kinda like my first time watching Robots: watched it without hearing any audio, and understood almost the entire story). The romance was dumb, I thought, but I liked the special effects for the magic/illusions/whatever they were. And I was cheering Paul Giamatti (sp?) all the way ^_^

I also saw The Emperor's New Groove for the umpteenth time. That movie never really gets old, I've discovered. Still sweet, still holds the magic Disney used to have :roll:

Then I saw a tiny bit of a potentially-good movie I still have to look up. It's got Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones in it, so it must be good, right? XP
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:17 pm

i watched the Bourne Identity two days ago...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby mitsuki lover » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:52 am

I saw Jerks of All Trades a never aired pilot for a 1948 series featuring
The Three Stooges.
mitsuki lover

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:42 am

Agent Cody Banks 2.

Kinda cheesy, but pretty good considering it's a kid secret agent movie. Frankie Muniz and Anthony Anderson are both good actors, and I enjoyed them being together in the same movie :lol:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:04 pm

just watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail. hilarious! seriously hilarious!!

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby ilikegir33 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:58 pm

Just saw The Game Plan with my folks today. I thought it would be bad, but hey, it's great.
:dizzy: [color="Orange"]People are so crazy these days. If you are one of those crazy ppl, then copy this into your sig![/color]:dizzy:
MOES. "Take off every sig for great justice"
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators.
What I'll be reviewing in the future:
SoulTaker (soon to start)
Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid. Proverbs 12:1
ilikegir33

Postby Danderson » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:35 pm

Just watched what is supposed to be an old classic: Frank Capra's "Arsenic and Old Lace"

I garentee you that just watching it will make you go insane along with the rest of the cast...It's also insanly funny...Again, why can't they make movies with this sort of humor anymore?.....
Danderson

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:33 am

Danderson wrote:Just watched what is supposed to be an old classic: Frank Capra's "Arsenic and Old Lace"

I garentee you that just watching it will make you go insane along with the rest of the cast...It's also insanly funny...Again, why can't they make movies with this sort of humor anymore?.....

You know, that's the only Cary Grant movie that I really like. You're right, it is pretty crazy and funny.

As for me, I'm halfway through watching Big Fat Liar. It's enjoyable to see Paul Giamatti and Frankie Muniz (sooo small! goochie goo!) in the same movie. I just hope the message about lying is going where I hope it's going.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:36 am

[font="Trebuchet MS"][SIZE="4"][color="RoyalBlue"]Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!!!!!!

I'm having a Star Trek Movie marathon today because I'm off work! I started yesterday with "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" and fell promptly asleep as I always tend to do![/color][/SIZE][/font]
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:50 am

Finished Big Fat Liar. It was pretty good, but I think they could've handled Jason's lying a bit better. I dunno. But Giamatti was AWESOME :thumb:

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby Danderson » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Just watched X-men again (the first one....my least fav of the trilogy)

I don't know why, but everytime I watch this movie with hopes that I'll like it better, I only find myself not likeing it any more then before...I think it's one of those things where they stopped too short on their plot, camera angles, and combat sequences....not making it enthrolling enough...at least for me...Though, I have yet to think of a way that would make it better....

The third one, strangly enough is my favourite....
Danderson

Postby KeybladeWarrior » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:36 pm

Recently watched the movie Hitch with Will Smith.
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All
The CAA Moderators.

"YEAH TOAST! TOCAA!"
KeybladeWarrior

Postby jon_jinn » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:04 pm

i watched part of a movie called 'A Walk in the Clouds' today at school...

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:23 am

Bridge to Terabithia.

A really, really good movie, one of the best book-to-movie adaptations I've ever seen, in fact. They didn't really cut anything out (the book is so short you don't even have to), and they even added some things too. I marvel over how well Josh Hutcherson can act. He almost looks like a younger version of Dan Radcliffe, but he has so much more skill. In the crying scene, he was actually crying. I mean, there were actual tears and his voice was wobbling and everything! And everyone who was watching it with me cried at the end: me, my mom, and even my brother.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby jon_jinn » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:03 pm

just watched Transformers.

[SIZE="1"]
- John MacArthur

- Abraham Kuyper

- John Piper

-John Piper

- R.C. Sproul

- Mark Driscoll

- Martin Luther

- John Bunyan

- J.I. Packer[/SIZE]
jon_jinn

Postby Danderson » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:51 pm

Finally got around to seeing Spider-man 3.....All I can say is again another big WOW.....the ending was so amazing that I found my eyes getting watery....which is something I never expected from watching this movie......
Danderson

Postby Tenshi no Ai » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:18 pm

Letsee....

As of late Surf's Up, Kickin it Old School, Monster House, Blades of Glory, among others which I can't all remember...

Rise of the Silver Surfer and Meet the Robinsons have been on the work tv so technically those count.

Yeah haven't seen alot of movies as of late, but I'm in a movie-mood
神 は、 その 独り 子 を お与え に なった ほど に 世 お愛 された。
独り 子 を 信じる 者 が 一人 も滅 ひない で, 永遠 の 命 お得る ため で ある。

ヨハネ 3:16
Tenshi no Ai

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:26 am

I'm halfway through The Bourne Identity. So far, I like it (though I'm not too fond of the romance), but I'll save my final judgement for after I finish it.

- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment