Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:17 am

Best line last night:
"It isn't your fault you fell for the old 'Wookie prisoner' trick."--Sawyer
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:21 pm

[spoiler]The bus incident was SO obvious. I saw it coming as soon as she mentioned it[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yumie » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:06 pm

AGH!

[spoiler]Whoa, that was completely amazing. Once again the show comes back to the topic of "fate, or no fate." I for one hope this is where Desmund realizes that he really can change things, because I don't want Charlie to die! AAAAAAH![/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:11 pm

Oh my gosh, you guys. Lost is back. XDD

[SPOILER]I freaking LOVED tonight's episode. XD The entire Desmond flashback was insaaane. XD I loved how you were able to see all of the things from earlier in the show, or from the Island (the song, the package #815, the microwave beeping like the timer in the hatch, the polar bear on the painting in Penelope's dad's office). I also think it's crazy that, while we were all (or at least, I was) thinking that Desmond was saving Claire both of those times, it was actually Charlie. I'm so stoked about the rest of this season. XD[/SPOILER]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby shojoiscool2 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:45 pm

Personally, Im getting a little tired of this show. I wish they would wrap things up already, but I do appreciate finding the others and finding out more about them. It seems once questions are answered you just get five more to ask. And what about Walt???
shojoiscool2

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:53 pm

shojoiscool2 wrote:Personally, Im getting a little tired of this show. I wish they would wrap things up already, but I do appreciate finding the others and finding out more about them. It seems once questions are answered you just get five more to ask. And what about Walt???

Well, they're setting an end date for it, so it won't go on and on forever. I'm personally still really into it, because there's a lot of questions they'll be answering in season three that I'm really looking forward to. We're going to find out what happened with the kids, too, I think, which should include Walt (unless he shows up again in season 4, which will be the last one, I think). But in addition to the questions they answer, we're also getting lots of character development, which is just as important to the show, I think. :thumb:
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Tommy » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:22 pm

I've been meaning to get into this show and a lot of kids in my class are into this and 24.

My Math and History teachers (They're both brothers in their 20s) are heavily into Lost and God so I suppose it's possible to be obsessed with both.

Should I go for it and rent it?

(Considering I'm directing this at RD, I'm expecting a 'Yes'.)
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:(Considering I'm directing this at RD, I'm expecting a 'Yes'.)

You guessed right. XD It's relatively clean (violence, some sexual content (which is sparse), some language, etc.). Nothing over the top at all. It's got intrigue, good acting, wonderful character development, etc. The one downside is that you can't just jump in in the middle of season three, so yes, go rent season one. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:29 am

Plus, I'll assume there's some commentary on the episodes. If that's the case, you can always switch that on so you can understand things.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:58 pm

So, what'd you guys think of last night's episode? Personally, I felt it was one of the more...blah ones. XD

[SPOILER]That probably has something to do with the slutty Thai girl, but anyways. XD The meaning of Jack's tattoos was kind of a "duh" thing...I mean, I knew Jack was a leader since the first five episodes of season one (not to mention his last name is "Shepherd" XD). It was cool seeing Cindy again, but they didn't really flesh that or the children thing out like I wanted them to. I'm sure they will in the future, though. I think I'm just sick of seeing The Others' camp, so I'll be glad when they go back to Locke and Sayid, Desmond, Charlie, etc. (it's why I liked last week's episode so much, too. XD)[/SPOILER]

I'm curious to see where next week takes the series, though. I can't tell whether ABC's just hyping it up, or if something amazing WILL happen. XD We'll see! :thumb:

Radical Dreamer

Postby rocklobster » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:07 pm

I didn't like it either. I can't wait to see [spoiler=next week] if Charlie actually does die. I never liked that guy[/spoiler]

my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:10 pm

rocklobster wrote:I didn't like it either. I can't wait to see [spoiler=next week] if Charlie actually does die. I never liked that guy[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Oh, I hope he lives! I like Charlie, he's good comic relief. XD I'll bet they'll focus on his backstory next week though, if he does (or doesn't, really) die. *nodnod*[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Yumie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:02 pm

[spoiler]Yeah, I definitely wasn't digging the Thai floozy girl. And I hope that Jack's tatoo will come to mean more than that, because, it was a little bit of a letdown. Though it was nice to know why he was tatooed, finally.

The thing I thought was interested was seeing a little bit more into the society of the "others," with their judicial system and all. But I definitely won't be heartbroken when we get back to the main characters a bit more. :) [/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:04 pm

Yumie wrote:[spoiler]Yeah, I definitely wasn't digging the Thai floozy girl. And I hope that Jack's tatoo will come to mean more than that, because, it was a little bit of a letdown. Though it was nice to know why he was tatooed, finally.
[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Yeah, they do still have the top half to explain. XD Hopefully something more mind-bending or shocking will come of that. XD[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:15 pm

What I find interesting is the fact that I seem to recall the commentary on the Season 1 DVD mentioning that Matthew Fox had come to the role with the tattoos and the writers had thought they were cool looking. But they did not create the tattoos from what I understand, so it's a little odd to dedicate an episode to the topic. Perhaps I'm a little slow on the uptake, but this says to me that maybe the master plan for Lost isn't anywhere near as settled as the creators would like to have us believe and it's a pretty lame 'answer' to a question that nobody was asking :/
[spoiler]I dunno guys, I'm rapidly losing my enthusiasm for the show and it's breaking my heart. Season 1 was absolutely incredible and the Season 2 had some high points, including a fascinating finale. But it seems like the plot is beginning to unravel this season. I still really want to love the show but it's getting hard what with the aborted storylines galore. I mean, what was even the point to introducing the tailsection survivors? (And I still stand by my opinion that Libby's death was a tremendous mistake) Far as I can see Cindy and Bernard are the only ones alive from that group, and they tend to fly under the radar.

And then we have the aborted evil!Charlie plotline, which irks me because I can't quite forgive him for abducting Sun, lying about the drugs and then trying to return to Claire like nothing has changed. He creeps me out now and I'd actually not mind terribly much if he died. Plus Sawyer's power play with the guns was pointless, Ana Lucia's army came to nothing and apparently the numbers were resolved online and they will never be explained in the show? And the Stepford Wives village was a little too out there even for me O_O

Argh, anyways, I'm ranting. I still adore Desmond beyond belief and I find Juliet and Ben to be interesting. I'm hoping they just give up on the Kate/Sawyer/Jack triangle and pair Jack with Juliet because they actually seem to have some degree of mature chemistry, though she may still be a psycho. And ARGH the teen angst, I'd much rather if they resolved the whole Danielle-being-Alex's-mom plot instead of focusing on Alex's boyfriend. Dude, which also means Danielle was in a relationship with Ben *is weirded out*

At the very least, I just wish the episodes would be fun again. I miss the mystery, the characters being curious about where they were, the sense of purpose and the fight for survival. Heroes has pretty much replaced Lost in my imagination this season, which is a shame because although the show is a serious hoot it has yet to quite match the sheer impact of an episode like Walkabout. Lost used to pack a serious emotional punch and I'm really hoping it'll get it's groove back. [/spoiler]
Although recent Entertainment Weekly reviews are leaving me a little annoyed with the creators and their slight 'EEE! We have a secret and YOU DON'T KNOW IT! It will BLOW YOUR MIND!!1' mentality :/

*inhales deeply after all that ranting*
the_lizardqueen

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:44 pm

I just got into it.
I didn't think it was that good until I compared it with 9/10 of the shows usually on television.

I'm almost done with Season 1, but according to a source I have, Lost may eat an earlier end than expected because Season 3 isn't doing that well on TV, but the DVDs for Seasons 1 and 2 are selling like hotcakes. Probably because a lot of people are getting into it now and want to wait for Season 3 to come out on DVD to avoid commercial breaks. If that's the reason, they probably will keep making seasons in realization.

I always hear people compare this with 24. 24 is more suspenseful but Lost has a lot more character development obviously considering everyone but Jack dies in 24.

Nice show.
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:53 pm

Lost actually does have an ending date, which is good, I say. They need to have a finite story, not one that drags out and leaves everyone bored to death by season 7. XD

As far as Seasons 1 and 2 compared to 3, I'd have to agree. Although, I think part of the reason 3 hasn't been doing well is because it spent so much time on the plotline of the first 7 episodes, and kind of ignored the other characters for a while. Also, a lot of people saw that as a season in and of itself, when in reality, it was merely the first third of season three. I don't think season 3 has been as good as 1 so far, but I haven't lost hope in the producers just yet. XD They say tomorrow's episode is supposed to be really good, so we'll see. :D

Radical Dreamer

Postby the_lizardqueen » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:55 pm

Uh-oh. Remember what I said about Heroes not really packing an emotional wallop like Lost? Last night's episode of Heroes had me bawling like a baby at the end. COME ON LOST! Please win me back! I want to still love you O_O

Well, Desmond is still prettier than Claude. Hee. I guess there's always my lovely Season 1 DVD . 'sides, who knows how good Heroes will be once it hits the second and third seasons?

Oo! Also, who is the focus of tomorrow night's episode? Please tell me it's not Jack, Kate or Sawyer and I will be giddy.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:51 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:Oo! Also, who is the focus of tomorrow night's episode? Please tell me it's not Jack, Kate or Sawyer and I will be giddy.

Judging by the commercials, it'll be focusing on the rest of the survivors, with a bit of Kate, Locke, Sayid, and Sawyer thrown in. I'm guessing the main storyline will be focused on Charlie, though, after seeing the ending of Desmond's episode. Just a guess, though. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Tommy » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:08 pm

Why wouldn't you group those 4 under survivors? Are they DEAD?
Please, every other thing is in spoiler tags and for once you have someone who isn't caught up.

So far, the most attractive character award goes to Kate by a long-shot. Just so you know.
Tommy

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:46 pm

Tom Dincht wrote:Why wouldn't you group those 4 under survivors? Are they DEAD?
Please, every other thing is in spoiler tags and for once you have someone who isn't caught up.

So far, the most attractive character award goes to Kate by a long-shot. Just so you know.

No. Their storyline just sticks out, that's all. There are literally no spoilers in my post. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:07 pm

ABC is LAME. XD

[SPOILER]So why was tonight's episode so hyped up? Nothing even remotely interesting happened, aside from Kate, Locke, and Sayid meeting up with Rousseau. I'd say tonight's was probably the worst one of the season. I especially expected more from Hurley's backstory. Next week's episode looks pretty awesome, though, what with the eye-patch guy from the Pearl hatch's video.

And dang it, I forgot about those two "new" characters--the ditz and the Boone-but-dumber-and-less-important guy. XD If anyone gets killed off in the near future, it had sooo better be them. XD[/SPOILER]

Blah. Next week's needs to be incredible. C'mon, Lost, redeem yourself already! XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Kokhiri Sojourn » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:40 pm

Lost had such incredible momentum coming into season 3. I think there are several reasons the season has fallen flat, at least in my mind.

[spoiler="Lost"] 1. No one really wanted to watch Jack, Kate, and Sawyer become prisoners for so long. The tribe being split up lent itself to focusing on the bizarre love triangle the show is intent on plaguing us with, as well as to make the other characters seem much less significant.

2. Characters are acting out of character. Alright, so Jack and Kate kiss, Jack tells Kate that he doesn't regret it, then Kate and Sawyer... WHAT?! And of course Jack had to see it happen, which adds to that wonderful love triangle. Then we find out that Sun is a habitual liar. Great. Is Charlie a nice guy or a nutcase? I guess it depends on the episode. When will it end?

3. Why kill nearly every member of the group at the tail of the plane, and especially the ones that had their characters developed most??? It at least let us hate Michael, but now he's gone, so even that is gone. So many questions with Libby unanswered as well: Why was she in the institution with Hurley? Was she really a Clinical Psychologist, or was that a cover so if he did find out, she'd have an alabi? Oh, and the run in with Desmond? What was that?

4. Fate - the issue that has the writers in knots right now. Make a decision, give us something. Thing are getting absurd, and people are feeling abused.

I love Lost, and still consider it a great show, but they had better know where they're going, because I feel as if they're buying time and killing people to keep us around. It really stinks. [/spoiler]
Kokhiri Sojourn

Postby the_lizardqueen » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:06 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:Blah. Next week's needs to be incredible. C'mon, Lost, redeem yourself already! XD

RDeeee, come over to the dark/Heroes siiide. You know you want toooo ;D

I still have this week's episode sitting waiting on the digital recorder at home and I'll probably be watching it before the weekend. Or once Heroes goes into hiatus next Monday and the depravation sets in *eye tick*

And EXCELLENT points Kokhiri Sojourn, I absolutely agree. *crosses her fingers for the future of Lost*
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby Pent » Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:31 am

ABC is really hurting themselves by getting people ultra hyped up for the least action packed episodes of the third season. They are desperately trying to get people to stay around, but they are killing themselves because I'm sure people are feeling cheated by now.

Anyways, I know the writers know where they are going, but unfortunately, because of the story structure, they have t take time to get their. And this time is what is killing Lost ratings. People don't get the same "Lost" quality episodes 80% of the time, so they have lost faith.

I'm being patient with it, but I'm wondering how much of this I can put up with.
Pent

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:27 am

Lost......

Is just getting retarded now =\
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Ok, so tonight's was actually good. XD

[SPOILER]Sayid's backstory + eye-patch man (whose name I've already forgotten XD) + Locke and Kate and Reusseau + actual STORYLINE = good. XD

What's interesting is the fact that the Dharma Initiative has been totally infiltrated by The Others/Hostiles. I always thought that they were part of the Dharma Initiative, but in reality, we don't know anything about Dharma. XD So that was a nice plot twist, I thought. And since The Others/Hostiles have been there longer than Dharma...who are they, and from where did they come? And why are they there?

Also, Sayid's backstory was good. I liked what the wife said to him at the end of the episode. I feel like Lost is finally getting some mystery back into it, and even though it means we ask more questions, at least we actually HAVE something to theorize over now. XD All we got last week was "WHOA! HOW DID HURLEY GET THAT CAR RUNNING?" XD[/SPOILER]

Who knows. Maybe ABC got their Lost ads backwards, and aired this week's ad for last week's episode. XD Also, next week looks like another good one. *crosses fingers, hoping for a further comeback from Lost* XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Blitzkrieg1701 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Definately a step in the right direction, though I wonder...

[SPOILER] ...will we actually get to see what was in all those Dharma books they found? I can't believe they would have left them without even looking, but the only stuff I could see Kate and Sayid carying with them was some flashlights and a map.[/SPOILER]

Oh, and the bit with Sawyer and the game was priceless!
Image Image

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Purple"]For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this: that one died for all, therefore all died; and he that died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. II Corinthians 5:14-15[/color][/font]
Blitzkrieg1701

Location: Washington, DC (when I'm not in an alternate universe)

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:31 pm

Blitzkrieg1701 wrote:Definately a step in the right direction, though I wonder...

[SPOILER] ...will we actually get to see what was in all those Dharma books they found? I can't believe they would have left them without even looking, but the only stuff I could see Kate and Sayid carying with them was some flashlights and a map.[/SPOILER]

Oh, and the bit with Sawyer and the game was priceless!

[SPOILER]It's possible that they packed a few of them in a bag or something (didn't Kate have a bookbag?). I know Sayid at least picked up one of them, so I hope they rescued a few before The Flame literally burst into flames. XD And whoa, I just noticed that. I wonder if they did that on purpose? XD[/SPOILER]

Radical Dreamer

Postby Tommy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 pm

I'm about to watch the first season finale, and I have to say, what strong character development and plot twists.

What an excellent series this is.

However, I am doubtful I will ever catch up.
Tommy

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment