Lost

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Locke » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:59 pm

Rerun with a recap on the entire second series tonight. =/
Secret Bumping Club Member #10 - geocities.com/arphage/sbc.html

When you find yourself in the company of a halfling and an ill-tempered
Dragon, remember, you do not have to outrun the Dragon...
...you just have to outrun the halfling.
Locke

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 03, 2006 7:04 pm

WHOA.

[SPOILER]SO! They killed off the two DUI girls tonight. XD I didn't think they'd get them both in one episode, though...Wow! And Michael!! Michael is bad! I thought he killed himself at first, but then I realized that he only shot himself in the arm. Still, though! I think he's doing it all to frame Henry. But then again, why was Michael locked up in the episode preview? I think they brainwashed Michael, personally...(they being The Others, of course). I think he's lying about this whole thing, about The Others being easy to attack. I'm surprised Jack etc. are all going for it; Jack fought Ethan himself, and Ethan was no easy match (well, until Charlie pulled out the gun, that is).

The next episode looks incredible, but Mr. Eko!! Nooo, they can't kill him off, too!! And now I realize that we won't likely find out too much more about Libby and why she was in the insanity ward with Hurley, unless we find out from Hurley's backstory (which we'd better. XD). Anyways, tonight's was a very unseen plot twist![/SPOILER]

Yeah, the story writers get about 50 points for that one. :wow!:
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yumie » Wed May 03, 2006 7:05 pm

. . . WAAAAAAAGH!!!!

[spoiler]MICHAEL SHOT 'EM! HE SHOT 'EM BOTH!

OK, I think Libby's still alive, only she'll be in like a medical shock because she got shot twice in the gut and if she were concious she'd tell everybody that Michael did it-- but Anna's dead! She fornicated, and now she's dead! Shannon fornicated, and she died, and now Anna! I think we might be seeing a pattern here. . . Now I can't wait for next week. . . aaaaagh. . .[/spoiler]
Be Thou my Vision, O Lord of my heart;
Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art
Thou my best Thought, by day or by night,
Waking or sleeping, Thy presence my light.

Be Thou my Wisdom, and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord;
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one.

Be Thou my battle Shield, Sword for the fight;
Be Thou my Dignity, Thou my Delight;
Thou my soul’s Shelter, Thou my high Tower:
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Riches I heed not, nor man’s empty praise,
Thou mine Inheritance, now and always:
Thou and Thou only, first in my heart,
High King of Heaven, my Treasure Thou art.

High King of Heaven, my victory won,
May I reach Heaven’s joys, O bright Heaven’s Sun!
Heart of my own heart, whatever befall,
Still be my Vision, O Ruler of all.
Yumie

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed May 03, 2006 7:07 pm

what...the.... crap.... just.. happened.....

[spoiler]I really liked Ana Lucia... and BOOM she goes... and LIBBY? What... the.... crap...[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Felix » Wed May 03, 2006 7:08 pm

[spoiler]o.o AHHHHHH!!!! I did NOT expect that. I just KNEW that something was.... 'off' about Michael, and when I saw her give him the gun, I knew something bad wouldhappen, but I was shocked beyond description when he shot Anna lucia, and then Libby too! :o And then himself and ahhhhhh omigoodness I wanna strangle Michael!
So it looks like Anna Lucia is dead. I wonder if Libby is really dead. Ah, and she was getting the blankets for her and Hurley's picnic too...... my goodness...[/spoiler]
Felix

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed May 03, 2006 7:09 pm

[spoiler]I'm sure Liby's shooting was accidental...

But why did he shoot ana Lucia? Because she shot shannon?

It is possible only one is dead. Who do you think it is? Libby or Ana?

My money is going for Ana. More likely both[/spoiler]
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 03, 2006 7:14 pm

Mr. SmartyPants wrote:[spoiler]I'm sure Liby's shooting was accidental...

But why did he shoot ana Lucia? Because she shot shannon?[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]No, he shot Ana because he's an Other now. I'm 99.9% sure they've got him brainwashed. Other than that, though, the writers had to find a way to get Ana and Libby off the show, because they were both arrested for DUI a while back. XD]
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yumie » Wed May 03, 2006 7:18 pm

Radical Dreamer wrote:[SPOILER]No, he shot Ana because he's an Other now. I'm 99.9% sure they've got him brainwashed. Other than that, though, the writers had to find a way to get Ana and Libby off the show, because they were both arrested for DUI a while back. XD]

[spoiler] Actually, I think he shot her for a different reason than that. I think "the others" sent him back to the camp to set the prisoner free, and told him that if he didn't, they'd kill Walt. I think he planned to kill Anna, set the guy free, shoot himself in the arm, and pretend like it had all been the guy. But he didn't expect Libby to walk in and see him with the gun, so he shot her too. But I think, from the look on his face and the way that he apologized, that it wasn't something he wanted to do, so I don't think he was brainwashed. I could definitely be wrong, but that's the impression that I got.[/spoiler]

Yumie

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 03, 2006 7:31 pm

Yumie wrote:[spoiler] Actually, I think he shot her for a different reason than that. I think "the others" sent him back to the camp to set the prisoner free, and told him that if he didn't, they'd kill Walt. I think he planned to kill Anna, set the guy free, shoot himself in the arm, and pretend like it had all been the guy. But he didn't expect Libby to walk in and see him with the gun, so he shot her too. But I think, from the look on his face and the way that he apologized, that it wasn't something he wanted to do, so I don't think he was brainwashed. I could definitely be wrong, but that's the impression that I got.[/spoiler]

Ok, I can see how that would fit, too.

[SPOILER]What do you think about what Michael was saying about The Others, though? Do you think he was lying about them? Because Ethan wasn't really an easy opponent when he was around earlier in the series. Then again, he did go down pretty quick once Charlie put 5 bullets in his chest, but still. I'm not really trusting Michael right now. XD]

Also, did anyone else notice the commercial advertising for something called "Hanso?" That was from Lost!! The guy who founded the Dharma program...His last name was Hanso! :O I love little things like that. XD

Radical Dreamer

Postby Locke » Wed May 03, 2006 7:36 pm

Guys, would you hate me if I told you I met Bernard? =P

Locke

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed May 03, 2006 7:40 pm

Yumie wrote:[spoiler] Actually, I think he shot her for a different reason than that. I think "the others" sent him back to the camp to set the prisoner free, and told him that if he didn't, they'd kill Walt. I think he planned to kill Anna, set the guy free, shoot himself in the arm, and pretend like it had all been the guy. But he didn't expect Libby to walk in and see him with the gun, so he shot her too. But I think, from the look on his face and the way that he apologized, that it wasn't something he wanted to do, so I don't think he was brainwashed. I could definitely be wrong, but that's the impression that I got.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Makes more sense then the "Michael is an Other" theory[/spoiler]
Locke wrote:Guys, would you hate me if I told you I met Bernard? =P

What do you mean? Explain
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Locke » Wed May 03, 2006 7:48 pm

I met him at the Renassaince Faire. I maybe should of mentioned that...

I met the actor who played him (and Hal from Malcom In The Middle).
Both are pretty cool dudes, though Sam (Bernard) seemed to be everywhere I went.

Locke

Postby Gypsy » Wed May 03, 2006 7:54 pm

Holy cow. That was quite the ending. I wish it would air everywhere at once so we didn't have to bother with quotes (they're hard to read on my browser, not to mention a pain in general).
||Skipping Tomorrows Webmanga||
"A ship in harbor is safe but that is not what ships are built for." - John A. Shedd
Gypsy

Postby ZiP » Wed May 03, 2006 8:36 pm

Wow.... I was not expecting that one.................

[SPOILER]Thankfully Henry's not hurt!!!!![/SPOILER]
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby Locke » Wed May 03, 2006 9:54 pm

Dude! Did you guys see the commercial for the Hans (?) Foundation?

Locke

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 04, 2006 4:06 am

Locke wrote:Dude! Did you guys see the commercial for the Hans (?) Foundation?

I missed it, when did it happen?
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu May 04, 2006 11:07 am

Locke wrote:Dude! Did you guys see the commercial for the Hans (?) Foundation?

Yeah!

Radical Dreamer wrote:Also, did anyone else notice the commercial advertising for something called "Hanso?" That was from Lost!! The guy who founded the Dharma program...His last name was Hanso! :O I love little things like that. XD

See? XD It must have been something ABC was doing. Glad to see someone else caught it, though! :thumb:

http://www.thehansofoundation.org

Check that out...O_o

Radical Dreamer

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu May 04, 2006 12:51 pm

Oh yeah. I remember that commercial. it was wacky
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu May 04, 2006 2:17 pm

Ha ha. I was saw so startled/shocked by the end of this episode that I literally screamed. Twice. :lol:

So, do you guys think that [spoiler]Anna is definitely dead? I mean, they certainly made it look that way from the trailer, but, truthfully, all we heard was "She's dead", pieced together with an image of Anna. Yeah, I think she probably is dead, but there is a chance. Furthermore, I think Libby has to die or Hurley has to remember that she was in the Asylum with him. Why, you ask? Because if Libby isn't dead, she'll tell that Michael shot her. The only curcuimstances under which I think Libby can survive is if hurley remembers she was crazy, therefore throwing doubt on the validity of her assertion that Michael shot her.

I'm sad Anna's dead!! :waah!:[/spoiler]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby LostChild » Thu May 04, 2006 5:23 pm

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure Ana is dead, so is Libby. And Hurley is gonna be soooooo ticked at Sawyer! Then again, he might just blame himself 'cause Libby was getting the blanket he forgot...[/spoiler] TT-TT I was so sad!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby ZiP » Thu May 04, 2006 5:48 pm

[spoiler]I think Anna has to be dead, because when Michael shot her, she rolled her head sideays and just stared, people who are in desperate pain (as being shot in the chest/stomach would cause), they don't just sit there with their eyes open.

I guess we don't really know with libby, they said "she's dead" in the trailer, and not "they're dead", so I'd venture a guess she's still alive, for now.

Poor poor Anna..[/spoiler]
--To Write Love on Her Arms

"That time and absence proves - Rather helps than hurts to love."

"Feelings, emotions, they are good, but they cannot be Love's foundation. When of Love, these things last. When of romance, these things end."

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
ZiP

Postby LostChild » Fri May 05, 2006 7:09 am

If I had to choose which one is [spoiler]alive, I'd probably want Libby to live for Hurley's sake...[/spoiler]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 05, 2006 2:00 pm

WHATTHEHECKOMIWORDGAH!!!!!11!!!111!!!!! HOI!!!!!!!!!

Finally got the episode to run on my laptop.

I can't hardly type straight right now.

O_O
[spoiler]
LIBBY!! GUN!!!MICHEAL!!!ANA?!??!GUN!!!

I think Ana's storyline is more concluded-ish than Libby's. So..mebbe Libby should live, but I think she took more bullets. And pillows are not good shields.

Um....wow......Dude. Dudedudedude.

:wow!: :o :eh: :wow!:

*has run out of shocked looking emoticons*[/spoiler]

And I thought this was a pretty run of the mill borderline boring episode...*shakes head* I love you Lost, so very, very much.
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy[/color]
the_lizardqueen

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 05, 2006 2:33 pm

I've calmed down now, a little ^^;

Now that I've actually thought about it, I believe that [spoiler]Micheal shot Ana non-fatally. I just can't quite picture him murdering another person in cold blood in order to get Walt back. Unless he's been brainwashed, but then he wouldn't have been apologizing to Ana prior to shooting her. I mean, he's hardly known Walt personally for more than two or three months. I don't want to understate his role as Walt's father, but I don't see the bond being quite that strong yet. It seems that guilt is the primary emotion fueling Micheal's protectiveness of Walt, moreso than a straight forward father/son bond.

Now Libby on the other hand caught Micheal off guard during an extremely stressful moment and took a full on attack. She appeared to take more bullets than Ana and I bet Micheal turned the gun on himself due to guilt over shooting her. Er, that is if I interpreted the final scene accurately. He did shoot himself, right? :eyebrow:

I also read an article just yesterday about how Cynthia Watros had signed on for another pilot in the upcoming TV season. I really should have caught a hint about the events of this episode when they were saying that her fate on Lost was iffy.

But I really would prefer if they held onto Libby over Ana. It's not a matter of which one I like better, it's more a matter of whose storyline has been fully played out. Ana made amends with her mother and managed to change, as was demonstrated when she couldn't kill OtherHenry. Whereas Libby is severely underdeveloped. We don't know why she was in the ward, why she was stalking Hurley, how she ended up on the plane with him and so on and so forth. If they killed Libby then the writers have just brutally aborted a potentially interesting plotline.[/spoiler]

Want...next..episode..NOW O_O
[color="lightgreen"]"There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

the_lizardqueen

Postby Mangafanatic » Fri May 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Perhaps I'm being overtly cautious, but I've gone back and correct all the comments which could be spoilers by adding the appropriate brackets. Let's try to be considerate of those who may be behind on the show and use spoiler brackets-- even if it is an unnecessary precaution, okay? Thanks!

Anways, lizardqueen, let me just say that, concerning the end of the episode and what happened to Michael

[spoiler]You are correct in thinking that he shot himself. However, I believe that what happened happened was:

1) He shot Anna after getting the combination for Henry's cell.

2) He shot Libby in a moment of panic when she walked in.

3) He shot himself nonfatally, (In the arm, I believe) because the plan is, IMHO, to release Henry, and position himself to make it appear that Henry got the gun, shot Libby, Anna, and himself (Michael) to free. Michael is doing this, I believe to free himself from the appearance of guilt so he can stay among the castaways. This serves a double purpose in my mind. Since it's my opinion that the Others have threatened Michael that if he doesn't lead the other islanders to the "Others" then Walt will be killed, I think Michael did what he did to A) free Henry (Probably one of the conditions under which he was released) B) to get everyone so mad at the Others that they run mindlessly at them in a lust for revenge.[/spoiler]
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby the_lizardqueen » Fri May 05, 2006 8:43 pm

Probably a very good call on the spoilers front, since the plot twist pretty much makes this episode. It would be a shame to ruin it for anyone.

[spoiler]I think you're right on the Micheal shooting himself in the arm front. Unfortunately that set up probably means that Libby and Ana both absolutely have to be dead. Otherwise they might kinda pipe up about the whole shooting incident.

Which means if either of them survives Micheal's probably going to be trying to off them before they can talk or, he's planning on leaving the Lostaways camp very, very soon.

Micheal, Micheal, Micheal. What have you done? *shakes head*

I think they must be threatening Walt, either that or he's been working some crazy psychic mojo powers on his dad.

Also, anyone find this a little opportune considering both actresses' recent run in with the law? Guess it's a warning to the acting community, don't drink and drive when your starring in a hit show :eyeroll:

Edit: Actually, that is such a good point about Libby, Mangafanatic. Perhaps they were foreshadowing Hurley calling Libby on the crazies with the line about him getting drunk enough to remember her. YAY! There's hope for Libby yet! :jump:

Er, even if everyone else ends up thinking she's nutty O_o I'll take what I can get and crazy!Libby is a live Libby[/spoiler]

the_lizardqueen

Postby Yumie » Tue May 09, 2006 4:22 pm

the_lizardqueen wrote:[spoiler]Also, anyone find this a little opportune considering both actresses' recent run in with the law? Guess it's a warning to the acting community, don't drink and drive when your starring in a hit show :eyeroll:
[/spoiler]

I was going to mention that very thing!

[spoiler] Both the actress who plays Anna and the actress who plays Libby were charged with driving under the influence. Could be a coincidence, but it's interesting none the less. And the more I think about it, the more I think that Libby *wasn't* shot twice-- I think only one of those bullets actually hit her, while the other passed through the blanket at an angle and went out the other side. I think she's still alive, but I'm still guessing that she'd have to be in a medical coma or something so she doesn't reveal Michael. I think Hurley's going to figure out where he knows her from while she's out-- and then he'll tell everyone that she was in the psyche ward, so that when she comes to and says it was Michael, no one will believe her. Just a possibilty, but I think it'd work. :-P[/spoiler]

Yumie

Postby Mangafanatic » Tue May 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Coincidentally, I thought I'd just point a little trend on Lost that I and my family have been having a ball with:

[spoiler]All those who fornicate get shot. First, Shannon, then Anna.[/spoiler]

May this be a lesson to all the boys and girls. :P

Mangafanatic

Postby rocklobster » Tue May 09, 2006 5:54 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Coincidentally, I thought I'd just point a little trend on Lost that I and my family have been having a ball with:

Kinda reminds me of one of those laws of slashers: Only the virgins are spared. :angel:
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby LostChild » Tue May 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Mangafanatic wrote:Coincidentally, I thought I'd just point a little trend on Lost that I and my family have been having a ball with:

rofl! That's so true! Don't worry. I'll be good. :rock:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LostChild

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment