What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:25 pm

I just finished watching 28 Days Later.
GhostontheNet

Postby Radical Dreamer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:39 pm

Watched Donnie Darko for the first time yesterday; it was really interesting! I don't think it quite lives up to all its recent hype, but not much does. XD That said, it had me wanting to analyze it after I watched it, which is always a good thing. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ich1990 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:04 pm

I, Robot

Philosophical, and action filled. With guns that never run out of bullets. In other words, it had everything you could want from a sci-fi movie. Not perfect, but quite good.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby shade of dae » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:27 pm

Just finished watching Wall-E and I, Robot. The former was regrettably watched approximately 10 feet away from a 13" tv, and thus most of the beauty of the animation was lost. With the shock of the transition from a theatre to the aforementioned tv, I'm afraid that I must say that I didn't enjoy the movie as much as the first time.

I, Robot was a fun sci-fi action flick that managed to fit a few interesting questions into the plot. I could wax eloquent over this point, but I think I'll skip it for tonight and just say that it was an enjoyable movie. There is nothing like watching an action movie to relax, and this one was slightly above average action movies.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:10 am

Last night I watched Nosferatu, Shadow of the Vampire, and Batman Returns.
GhostontheNet

Postby minakichan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Pirates of the Carribean: At World's End

Haha what.
I feel like I enjoyed this movie because it just had so many fun and awesome and titillating moments, even though the story was so lolwut.

Letters from Iwo Jima

Am I a TOTAL loser if I say that I watched this because Nino from Arashi is in it? But his and Ken Watanabe's (of course) performances were wonderful. I cried. NINO WHY ARE YOU SO ADORABLE IT'S HEARTBREAKING.
ImageImage
minakichan

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:45 pm

I just finished watching Lady in the Water.
GhostontheNet

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 pm

Yesterday I watched Ikiru.

This was a great film. It might actually be able to change how someone chooses to live their life.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby KumaruRockz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Watched Blood Diamond -sorta wasn't REALLY paying attention- It was kinda weird. Some of the scenes are nasty :( The hands getting chopped off and stuff. Ughh XD
[font="Franklin Gothic Medium"]To be honest, I don't have much to say.[/font]
KumaruRockz

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1276261) wrote:Yesterday I watched Ikiru.

This was a great film. It might actually be able to change how someone chooses to live their life.
Good choice. I first saw Ikiru in high school Japanese, where we had this instructor who would show us life-changing Japanese films, and was remarkably impressed with it. Ikiru is one of those movies I would add to my collection if they weren't trying to charge an arm and a leg for it, which is a real pity.
GhostontheNet

Postby Sae-chan » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 pm

I just finished watching Wall-E and The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (you know, from VeggieTales?).

Wall-E was very sweet - though its themes are heavily environmentalistic. Not that I don't care about the earth, but I think there is a point where you can go overboard on it.

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything was funny, though not as funny as I'd expected - and surprisingly, they didn't have that "We Are the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything" song from the Jonah movie. I was a bit disappointed there - and, the plot was a bit strange and the message was... maybe a bit cliche? Basically, "anyone can become a hero" was the message, and isn't that done a bit too much? Oh well. It was still good - I love VeggieTales... guess I'll never grow out of it. :)
Sae-chan

Postby Yojimbo » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:26 pm

With an easy finals week and now with being home I've watched a good number of movies.

The Professional
As Good As it Gets
Elf
Reign of Fire (some)
T2 (some)
The Last Samurai (parts)
Iron Man
"You can't sit on the fence when it comes to Jesus, Satan owns the fence." Mark Cahill

2-151 D Co. Infantry (Air Assault)
Yojimbo

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 pm

I just finished watching Speed Racer and The Addams Family.
GhostontheNet

Postby CephasWhite » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:50 pm

Just watched "The Bishop's Wife". I love that movie especially the mitchells boychoir that sang in the middle of it.

Cary Grant is a wonderful actor.
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:13 pm

Yesterday I watched The Thing. (1982) It was pretty good, and actually had a good handle on how to create actual fear, as opposed to simply startling the viewer.

Today I saw Amelie.
I absolutely loved the first half of this movie. It was imaginative and bizarre, and it had a pretty girl to boot!

Unfortunately, it devolved into a romantic comedy in the second half. While I am a sap, I'm also cynical, so the rather over-idealized romance contained within really detracts from the film as a whole. It's really strange, too, as some of the other parts of the film are almost on the border of being a satire of the very genre it very poorly becomes.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:53 pm

The over-idealised romance was the whole point of Amelie. It's meant to be part satire, part surreal romance. I'm cynical too but I saw what the movie was trying to do. I love it.

I'll have to check out The Thing.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:12 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1276755) wrote:The over-idealised romance was the whole point of Amelie. It's meant to be part satire, part surreal romance. I'm cynical too but I saw what the movie was trying to do. I love it.

I'll have to check out The Thing.

There were a lot of things about Amelie that I liked, but I really wasn't sold on the romance angle. Also, this may just be a difference in how the French do satire, but it really didn't feel like it was being satirical on purpose to me.

Anyways, it's a good movie overall, and I'm glad that you loved it!

Cognitive Gear

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:07 pm

Okay, that's cool.
Yeah, the French do have a different type of satire.
I apologise if I came across as elitist (that wasn't my intention).
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby CephasWhite » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Just came back from watching "Seven Pounds". I have never seen anything so dramatic and touching as this movie was. I recommend others to watch this movie. Will Smith is one amazing actor!
Two Steps From Hell - Tristan <--(click)
†††††††††††††
We have been here long enough to know
That we are all brothers and sisters in Christ,
So if you are in need of help,
We shall give you His advice.

May God add his blessings upon you,
That you will live this day and forever,
And when He comes to the earth again,
We will all go together...

Into Heaven for Eternity...

[SIZE="5"][color="Green"]M[/color][color="Red"]E[/color][color="Green"]R[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]Y[/color] [color="Red"]C[/color][color="Green"]H[/color][color="Red"]R[/color][color="Green"]I[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]T[/color][color="Red"]M[/color][color="Green"]A[/color][color="Red"]S[/color][color="Green"]![/color][color="Red"]![/color][color="Green"]![/color][/SIZE]
CephasWhite

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Dec 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Watched 28 Days Last night. It was very intense and scary and really well done. I don't like zombie flicks and I still give it an 8.5/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Ah, another pleasant weekend with the Coyles. This weekend, I watched xxxHolic vol. 3 and 4, The Cure Trilogy, Evil Dead, Case Closed 1.4, George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead, and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.
GhostontheNet

Postby shade of dae » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:37 pm

Just watched Iron Man. I must say that I am not as impressed with the movie as I thought I would be. The main character was somewhat likeable, although he was a loose cannon. The fight scenes were fairly enjoyable, and the suit was amazingly awesome. Overall, it was a fun action flick, but nothing more.
MAL

What call have I to dream of anything?
I am a wolf. Back to the world again,
And speech of fellow-brutes that once were men
Our throats can bark for slaughter: cannot sing.
-C.S. Lewis
shade of dae

Postby ich1990 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:55 pm

Iron Man

I have a confession to make. I don't really like mecha. That being said, I have spent many hours as a child drawing up specs for a piece of robotic armor. This film makes my childhood dream come true in all of its sci-fi glory. That alone makes it worth watching in my book.

I wasn't, however, very impressed with low level of action in the film. It kind of reminded me of Transformers in that it had a lot of buildup and very little fighting. I look forward to Iron Man 2.
ich1990

Postby ich1990 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:37 pm

Get Smart

Very funny, although our filter had to cut out a out a fair amount of the movie. I laughed almost the whole time.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:16 pm

I just finished watching Pee Wee's Big Adventure and The Muppets Christmas Carol.
GhostontheNet

Postby ich1990 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:14 pm

Hidalgo

Moderately fun Arabian western. Nothing original, but it wasn't boring either. It probably would have been better if I had remembered to turn the subtitles on right at the start. I spent half the movie trying to figure out what those Arabians were saying.
ich1990

Postby GhostontheNet » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:24 am

Tonight I watched Tokyo Godfathers and Mr. Bean's Holiday.
GhostontheNet

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Fri Dec 26, 2008 6:50 pm

It's A Wonderful Life, for Christmas. I really like that movie, though I'd forgotten how loud all the characters get when they're in a big happy crowd together.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby KagayakiWashi » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:12 pm

I saw parts of "A Christmas Story" on Christmas Eve, then we watched "No Time For Sergeants".
Today at work we watched "My Name is Nobody", "Batman Returns", and "A Fistful of Dollars".
"To be a good listener, you must acquire a musical culture...you must be familiar with the history and development of music, you must listen...to receive music you have to open your ears and wait for the music, you must believe that it is something you need ...to listen is an effort, and just to hear has no merit. A duck hears also." - Igor Stravinsky
Are you hurting? Struggling with something? Need an ear? Check out The Hopeline! https://www.thehopeline.com/CSDefault.aspx
The Blog! http://kagayakiwashi.livejournal.com/
KagayakiWashi

Location: Constantly chasing the dragonfly of love....or something like that

Postby GhostontheNet » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:46 am

Tonight I watched Uzumaki. I must say, that's the most psychologically frightening horror movie I've seen in quite some time.
GhostontheNet

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment