The Ring

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

The Ring

Postby Michael » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:27 pm

This isn't the best horror movie ever, it's a class all its own. The plot is rather inventive, and is does keep suspense up the whole movie. Comments?
[font="Times New Roman"][SIZE="4"]S.D.G.[/SIZE][/font]
Michael

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:40 pm

I will be honost...I hated the Ring. It had more hype then the Matrix Reloaded...and delivered even less. Not once during the entire film was I the least bit freaked out...which just made me down right sad...because as everyone here knows..I am a horror film freak. Maybe thats the problem...the Ring should not be called Horror...maybe suspence would be a better genre. My biggest issue with the movie...was its fans. Had i heard one more time the line.

"Only smart people got scared during the movie" I would have hurled myself infront of a train and gleefully giggled as each car ran me over. To me the movie gave ammo to movies like Scary Movie...or other movies that mock horror...because it was just downright silly. *laughs as he remembers trailor for Scary movie 3*

"...eeen gay"
girl>whos gay? annnyway...If you like the Ring...thats awesome...good to see people have different taste...I just wanted to get this off my chest and make a butt of myself...which I am so good at.
Stephen

Postby kaze » Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:54 pm

A lot of people either weren't scared at all, or were really scared. I thought it was scary, but some of the parts didn't make sense, like the bugs and the bloody nose.

I recently watched the original Japanese one, and that one wasn't as scary, (maybe because I already knew what would happen) but it seemed like they stuck more to the plot.

I've also seen the TV series, but that was a few years ago and I can't really remember...But it had to do with cloning. I might be wrong, but i think if a woman watched the killer DVD, she would get pregnant and give birth to the girl, and the girl would kill her :shady: I'm not quite sure.
visit my DA and SA pages please~

deviantArt+++クリック+++
sheezyArt++クリック++

夢の中でも ふらふら する。
kaze

Postby Matthew » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:24 pm

I agree, the movie was hyped up way to much. Tho, it was weird that right as the movie went off my phone started to ring... (I didnt pick it up by the way...)
"To all our brothers and sisters in Africa and around the world who are being persecuted and put to death for thier faith, I have something to say to you and to you the meaning will not be lost, 'Love Wins!'"

[font=Verdana]Belong. Become. Be Used.[/font]
Matthew

Postby Stephen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:46 pm

I would have....

"You have 5 days to live"
"does that include weekends?"
"5...HEY I ASK THE QUESTIONS...whats your favoirte scary movie...wait a second...wrong movie"
Stephen

Postby Bobtheduck » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:49 pm

wow, that's funny... I was about to say that SAME line... I mean, the Scream quote anyhow...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Tet-chan » Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:19 am

I dont really like it........kinda boring in the middle
Tet-chan

Postby JediSonic » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:05 am

I never watch horror movies but...

my friend said after he watched it with his mom her cell phone rang and he's like DON'T ANSWER IT!
JediSonic

Postby Lunis » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:26 am

The Ring was AWESOME!! It's one of my favorite movies! It's especially cool if you watch it at night. I've heard some say they didn't like it, some that were scared out of thier wits (and were surprised that I was brave enough to watch it again :sweat: ), and some (like me) that absolutely loved it.
I guess some people just have different personalities and don't get into the scarieness of the plot like I do. I love horror movies of all different kinds!!
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby DrNic » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:53 am

I LOVED IT! DONT DISS THE RING...EITHER VERSIONS!!!!!!!!!

I am a horror movie maniac and personally THIS movie was the icing on the cake for me. I dont know how anyone can say it was bad (especially horror movie lovers like myself *glares evily at Shatterheart*). It had an original story line, a REALLY evil looking little girl, lots of creepy things happening in it ( like the fly in the TV screen and lots of jumps (like the dead body in the wardrobe near the beginning). I thought the actual tape in the movie would have been a brilliant horror movie (even though it was only like 30 seconds long). My other personal favourites are : Silence of the Lambs, all the Alien movies(Yeah ok, they could be classed as sci-fi, but they're still gory), Red Dragon, American Werewolf in London, Interview with a Vampire, The Exocist, The Thing ( the 80s version), 28 Days Later and The Blair Witch Project (Dont say anything, this film is an aquired taste).
Take me

Far from all that's wrong and...
Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

There's this dude named DrNic,
If you forget him, he'll get ticked! - By CobaltAngel

:grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin: :dance: :grin:
DrNic

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:10 pm

English version sucked big time, the original Japanese (especially Ring 2 and Ring 0 IMHO) were much better. The original plot is also way, WAY complicated which actually takes on a sci-fi kinda thing. Really nice touch. Much better than cheap scream flicks that just scare you with the same cheap plots over and over again.
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby DrNic » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:04 pm

Much better than cheap scream flicks that just scare you with the same cheap plots over and over again.

*Off topic*

The Scream series sucked. Didn't even deserve to be called horror movies. Scary Movie 1 shouldn't have been brought out because Screams a comedy to watch anyway.
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

Come visit the free state of Non-1000: Home of the Special Uber Elite (and try the burgers :P)

DrNic

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:39 pm

The Ring was okay. It didn't scare me. There were a couple of parts where I was like "eww..." like [spoiler]when they found the girl dead in the closet[/spoiler] but it didn't make me wanna scream or anything. o_O Maybe because I read the manga before seeing the movie XD I liked the story better in the manga...in the movie some stuff was different that probably shouldn't have been. I really want to see Ringu, the original Japanese movie.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby DrNic » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:27 pm

I really want to see Ringu, the original Japanese movie.

You should. Its a kool film. ^=^ (I've got Ring 2 on video somewhere but I've never watched it. I should look for that sometime...)
Take me

Let these

Fears collapse inside

Take me

Back to when i...

Believed

Bloodless by Emery

DrNic

Postby Lunis » Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:40 pm

Psycho Anne wrote: English version sucked big time, the original Japanese (especially Ring 2 and Ring 0 IMHO) were much better.

GASP!!!! English version ROCKED! :o And from my scources I've heard that we "one-upped" Japan with it. I haven't seen it myself, but I'd like to.

Is Ring 2 Japanese? And is it the sequel to The Ring (stupid question)? If so, they must make an English version!!
It is the infirmity of little minds to be dazzled with everything that sparkles.
Lunis

Postby Psycho Ann » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:06 pm

GASP!!!! English version ROCKED! And from my scources I've heard that we "one-upped" Japan with it. I haven't seen it myself, but I'd like to.

Is Ring 2 Japanese? And is it the sequel to The Ring (stupid question)? If so, they must make an English version!!

Definitely not what I heard from all the people who watched the Ring in Asia and those I talked to here ;) The US version has better effects and all that flashy digital stuff, but it loses the quality of a "real" horror movie that scares you without using special effect. There's always something more frightening to watch a horror movie that doesn't use digital effects--it makes it more down to earth and real.

Ringu has that effect--though I do understand that maybe those used to flashy effects might not be interested in the simplicity of the original.

Yes, Ring 2 is a sequel and Ring 0: Birthday is the prequel. I wish with all my heart that they won't make an english version--it's not like they can salvage the damage they did to the plot in the first place. >_<;;;
-Psalm 27:1-
The Project - Online Christian manga, rambling FAQs, and Truly Random Scripture.
Cognatio- Online Christian Manga Exchange

"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
Psycho Ann

Postby Da Rabid Duckie » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:35 pm

I really enjoyed the Ring, actually. It just had one of those cerebral qualities to it that a lot of horror movies don't have these days. And it certainly didn't have any pop teen stars... what ever gave people the impression that Jennifer Love Hewitt belonged in a horror movie is beyond me.

There seems to be this thing around both Ring and Ringu though, that whichever movie a person sees first they like better. Has this happened to anyone else? I've got Ringu on my Netflix queue, so I'll be seeing it soon to test this out.

edit: Ann brought up a good point. Ring 2 was so terrible, and did so poorly, that the creators of Ringu don't even recognize it anymore. Let's just hope the American Ring 2 fares better. Oh please please please...
Da Rabid Duckie -- Taking Over Your Country In Three Posts Or Less.

Join the Proud Nation of Temuoplis! Koei, Temuoplis!

Law of Japanese Animation #11 (Law of Inherent Combustibility)
Everything explodes. Everything.

In both real life and video games,
anything can be solved through the mass application of explosives. -- The Duck

Da Rabid Duckie, concerning Gypsy wrote:Gypsy doesn't realize this, but she's ditching whomever she's with and we're getting married. Uh huh. Yeah. Lil bro Zilch can be the best man, it'll be an explosive ceremony. Everyone is invited! We'll serve poutine at the reception, Straylight can DJ, and Shatterheart can start a mosh pit!
Gypsy, in acceptance wrote:Explosives and poutine? Alright!
Hey... she said it... :p
Da Rabid Duckie

Return to General Entertainment