Kill Bill Volume 2 (finally)

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Kill Bill Volume 2 (finally)

Postby Twilly Spree » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:01 pm

Finally it came out! I went and saw it last night. It was fantastic! Less bloody than the first. The plot finally comes together. Some pretty awesome sword play. It was great.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby CrusaderX » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:33 pm

Red Ninja wrote:It was fantastic! Less bloody than the first.

A trip to a major blood bank it less bloody than the first. :P The first was way too bloody for my tastes. Does vol II have alot less gore, or just a little less gore?

I'm not really a fan of blood. :shady:
"To fall in love with God is the greatest of all romances; To seek Him, the greatest adventure; To find Him, the greatest human achievement." --- St. Augustine
CrusaderX

Postby Lightbringer » Sat Apr 17, 2004 12:51 pm

havn't seen it yet, but i really want too. 1 was a pretty interesting movie, so hopefully two will be good too. Im actually looking forward to David Caradine, i know hie's a terrible actor but i hope he did good in this, its a type a charicter he excells at.
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Inferno » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:23 pm

I heard the first one was so bloody that people in the audience were laughing! So people ive talked to said there was so much gore that he said it was just not right for christian to watch.
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Saint » Sat Apr 17, 2004 2:27 pm

i am sure i will see it... all my friends loved the first one. and it was, interesting.
We are saved by grace thru faith, not of works... "keep on fighting for grace"
Saint

Postby Elric_kun » Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:22 pm

i still needa see the first, i've been hearing its really good^^ .....gore? sweeeeet hehehehe......eer um, dont mind me O.O
Elric_kun

Postby Twilly Spree » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:09 pm

A lot less gore. It's actually pretty minimal...except one seen in which everyone in the audience went "ugh" but then people clapped. I love seeing movies where the entire audience has fun and reacts.

As for the first movie's gore level. Yes it is laughable, because blood spurts out like in a bad anime. It's mean to be like a bad movie where it looks like a fountain. Should a Christian watch it? An over 17 Christian that doesn't mind some gore. What else do you excpect from a Quentin Tarantino film anyway?

Oh and my wallpaper is O-Ren Ishii. Though Elle Driver is by far the coolest..
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you're very lucky, a plane ride away.
-Sex in the City
Twilly Spree

Postby Technomancer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:46 am

:thumb:

Cool. I'll have to go see it, and by way of contrast "The Triplets of Belleville", which finally arrived at our local cinema.
The scientific method," Thomas Henry Huxley once wrote, "is nothing but the normal working of the human mind." That is to say, when the mind is working; that is to say further, when it is engaged in corrrecting its mistakes. Taking this point of view, we may conclude that science is not physics, biology, or chemistry—is not even a "subject"—but a moral imperative drawn from a larger narrative whose purpose is to give perspective, balance, and humility to learning.

Neil Postman
(The End of Education)

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge

Isaac Aasimov
Technomancer

Postby Solid Ronin » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:31 am

GRRR I still havent seen the first im so ashamed of myself I must see this movie
Solid Ronin

Postby Zedian » Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:14 am

I saw the first one on DVD again prior to seeing this one, the first one is definately BLOODIER. Especially that battle against the Crazy 88's. The second one is more story-oriented which isn't a bad thing; alot is explained why there was a hunt for Bill in the first place. Good wholesome cheesy-kung fu meets spaghetti western done by Tarantino. If you don't mind a little violence and are over 17 then see the movie -- I also like the anime influences.
Zedian

Postby Hitokiri » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:10 pm

i havnt seen any of them. As much as I love smaurai stuff I still havnt seen Kill Bill or Last samurai.

Kill Bill doesn't seem to intrest me to much. Most of my freinds dont watch Rated R movies so ehh...it owuld just be me watching the movie.

Im not to big on blood either...Hellsing and Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal is my limit on gore.
Hitokiri

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:21 pm

I wants to see Kill Bill vol. 2...I just saw the first one the other day on DVD and I was pretty impressed. It was sorta funny how every time some guy got sliced there was a fountain of blood XD To me it was so unrealistic that it didn't even seem gory. o_O

Anyway, I don't normally like Uma Thurman but I think she did a good jorb.

I also liked how O-Ren Ishii's backstory was anime. X3 That was so cool, animation in the middle of an action movie like that...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:38 am

I hate to double post, but I saw Vol. 2 the other night, so I have to post about it X3

You definitely shouldn't expect to see another Vol. 1...this movie is almost completely different.

There were some pretty powerful scenes in it...and it does sort of drag compared to the first movie, but a lot of important stuff is explained and you get some more character development. There's a lot less gore...but there is that one really nasty part XP Everyone in the theatre went "ewwww!" lol...
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby HikariChan » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:41 am

i saw the first one and i was shocked! i didnt seem like there would be so much blood from the previews. but i loved it anyway!! its great! then i heard number 2 is coming out! i have to see it^_______^

My mom does NOT go to college
:P
HikariChan

Location: -Where I practice flying with my Imagination-Big Ol' Texas-

Postby Link Antilles » Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:46 pm

Hmm.... I just saw the first movie fifteen minutes ago.... it was interesting.... I'm not sure what I think of it. It was very unique from the traditional movies I've watched lately. It kind of seemed like "Once Upon a Time in Mexico" meets Crouching Tiger. Though, I did think that putting in the anime scene in middle of the movie was really cool. BTW, really stylish avatar and sig. combo ShiroiHikari! :thumb:
Link Antilles

Postby Ingemar » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:52 pm

Kill Bill 2... Gee, I think this one blows the first completely out of the water. I found The stylized, ultra-fake dismember-rama of vol. 1 rather tedious after a while. I know it was meant to be cool/absurd, but to me, it was ALL absurd. To me, a momunent to absurdity is more absurd than absurdity itself. But never mind...

I liked 2 because it had more of a story to it. Yes, 1 had a story as well, but all I found the gore rather distracting. I really liked how they showed Bill--ruthless, sardonic, ironic and cocky. (He said he "overreacted" when he had the deadly viper people massacre the wedding party). And he's just cool. But that's my opinion, and it's not like it matters.
Job 7:16

I loathe my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone, for my days are but a breath.
Ingemar

Postby AngelSakura » Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:59 am

WAHHH! It's not fair! I'm only 12! First my mom turns off Ghost in the Shell, now I can't see this! My GRANDPA just rented this! But, then again, he does watch South Park...O_o
AngelSakura

Postby The Mad Hatter » Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:44 pm

kill bill 2 was awesome, even better than the first. did anyone else notice the allusions to reservoir dogs and pulp fiction?
srry, I just wanted to share the net
The Mad Hatter

Postby SwordSkill » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:34 am

Is this considered gravedigging? Because Kill Bill 2 got released here in the Philippines just this month (how typical) and I had been waiting to watch it since I saw the first volume.

The analysis on Superman was fabulous, I must say. And my dad loved the chapter with Pai Mei, especially the long conversation in Cantonese - he said American movies usually weren't too keen in having long conversations that aren't in English so this was certainly a good change. And it's great that the movie incorporated a lot of kung-fu conventions into the action sequences, even including the pressure points - and hearing Uma Thurman speak broken Mandarin was certainly...interesting. XD XD The movie was great as culmination of a number of movie traditions all over the world in stereotyping them yet at the same time elevating them into a sort of grandeur.

It's pretty weird, though...after all the unconventional storytelling of Kill Bill (and unconventional amount of gouts and gouts of gore involved), the central story was still pretty traditional (and kinda cliche). XD Hmm. A new way of telling an old story, I guess.
*Insert witty saying here*
SwordSkill

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:25 pm

nope, this won't be considered gravedigging :D

does anyone know when vol.2 will be out on DVD?

yeah, I think it's cool that Tarantino wasn't afraid to throw some different language in there. it's almost like he was aiming for us anime fans with the first movie. XD
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to General Entertainment