Super Size Me!

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby uc pseudonym » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:48 am

While I may disagree with many of you in matters of health, I agree that there is far too much concern about eating properly. It isn't like I believe what comes to me after death is bad, after all...

An odd thought on the subject: have you noticed how obsessed much of American culture is with not dying? Everything seems to be about increasing the quantity of life (not necessarily quality). Even to the point of freezing themselves before dying in hopes of a cure being found. In many ways it is very sad.
uc pseudonym

Postby emoanimechild » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:46 am

I haven't seen it, i don't think they are even showing the movie in my location, but I did download a trailer. It looks..um...gross, there was also this clown statue or something, I don't really understand....
emoanimechild

Postby righteous_slave » Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:11 am

uc pseudonym wrote:While I may disagree with many of you in matters of health, I agree that there is far too much concern about eating properly. It isn't like I believe what comes to me after death is bad, after all...

An odd thought on the subject: have you noticed how obsessed much of American culture is with not dying? Everything seems to be about increasing the quantity of life (not necessarily quality). Even to the point of freezing themselves before dying in hopes of a cure being found. In many ways it is very sad.

Completely off topic, but that's because it is pounded into our heads that this life is all we get and death is simply the end, so to avoid the end, we must prolong this life by any means neccessary.

Back on topic, I heard a comedian ages ago describe his favorite button. It read "Eat right, exercise, and die anyway" When it's time to go, you go, whether you are a 180 lb vegetarian or a 250 lb carnivore. So go forth, and enjoy your grease and fat.
ImageImage
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. Rom. 6:18

God can do anything, anytime, anyway He wants to.......if He wants to paint me blue and hang me upside down nekkid from an apple tree, thats alright, as long as it's God doing it. Of course, if He comes through with a directive like that, I might have to ask for some I.D. Michael Wanke
righteous_slave

Postby Mithrandir » Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:44 am

Hmm... I used to eat/drink whatever I wanted. Then, on a routine visit to the doctor, he told me that I had high blood pressure. He wanted me to change my lifestyle habits. Since doing so, I have noticed that I have more energy, and am gererally happier. Now I don't want to get into any of the random tangets here (or introduce others), but my personal opinion is the excercise is more important than what you eat.
Mithrandir

Postby uc pseudonym » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:10 am

But exercise would involve work, which America is by large extremely opposed to. That's why (not in totality) there's an excess of health foods, diets, special supplements, etc. Personally, I do my best to exercise, despite being primarily a person interested in sedentary occupations.
uc pseudonym

Previous

Return to General Entertainment