A Snoodle's Tale

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

A Snoodle's Tale

Postby madphilb » Tue May 25, 2004 6:52 pm

While picking up the latest LOTR DVD today I also go the latest Veggie Tales DVD, A Snoodle's Tale....

The main part of the DVD is done in the style of Dr Suess.

And man, it's about the best Veggie Tales ever, I'll let the (edited) script speak for itself.... sorry if the formating is off a bit, wasn't sure where to put the breaks. Tissues are on me ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Lynx » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:05 pm

oh yes i've seen that and i cried... it was very touching, one of the better veggie episodes in my opinion:)
In my heart's sequestered chambers
Lie truths stripped of poet's gloss...
Lynx

Postby brantelg » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:56 am

I saw it at my cousin's house. (he is 4). Its actually really good in my opinion. I also found the Dr. Jiggles/ Mr. Slide thing pretty clever.
brantelg

Postby madphilb » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:11 pm

In general I'm a big VeggieTales fan, I find that they've done what very few other Christians have done, make something that's entertaining.

They are able to (and do) impact both children and adults without being too preachy... it's entertainment with substance, yet it's still fun. And to top it off I've heard pently of stories like the one I overheard at the library once, woman was saying that her friend/sister/something-or-other gave her some as a gift, the woman's attitude was that the gift giver is a real "religious" person (Catholic I think she said) and was worried that it would be "too religious" or some such thing, yet found them entertaining and the kids love it....

This particular one hit me though because I don't think we always quite understand how simple man's relation to God is.

Anyway.... maybe they'll print that as a book... I think it would make a great kids book (with stills from the video and everything).
PHIL

Member of P.I.E. -- Pictures of Inkhana for Everyone!! Join the fight!!
madphilb

Postby Kireihana » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:19 pm

I haven't seen it, but the script has me interested... It's kinda Dr. Suess-ish. I always liked the other Veggie Tale movies. ^_^
Kireihana

Return to General Entertainment