What kind?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

What kind?

Postby Inferno » Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:45 am

so what kinds of movie do you like?
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby cbwing0 » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:25 am

I like horror movies and action movies more than the rest, along with comedies. Romances are ok, but I don't watch that many of them.
cbwing0

Postby Elric_kun » Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:39 am

mostly all types of movies^-^ although im watching a bit more of some romance movies right now hehe.... :red:
Elric_kun

Postby Lightbringer » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:50 am

Action horror are my faves too. but I like their too be a good sence of humor in most movies. (i can understand an epic not cracking a joke every minute or two, but i want to hear a humourus catch phrase after someone blows a monsters head off) anyway, I love movies like True Lies, and such (sept for jamie lee curtis.....shudder, didn't need so see that fast forward) and Aliens (first two especially , other two were kind of lame) wich just goes to show that well done action does not a good movie make. needs a good story too. but explosions creatuers and cracken wise. thats a great combination.

Lightbringer // Aaron
Lightbringer // Aaron

Image Image
Join up! Darklight-The Chronicles of Tairis epic RPG
http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=5233
Lightbringer

Postby Inferno » Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:43 pm

I like action/horror/comidy the best. romance is ok, I don't like it very much at all :cool:
"rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4

METAL!!! :rock:

Member of headbangers united! \m/ >,< \m/

Myspace.com/cal3bsp3ncer
Inferno

Postby Orange Kitten » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:25 pm

I like all genres except horror. Almost every horror films I've seen have been pretty lame and not scary at all. Exceptions that I really liked were Alien (first one) and Scream.

If you're going to make a poll of favorite genres, include others besides the usual action/comedy/horror/drama/romance.
You forgot Musicals, Silent Films, Westerns, and Mysteries.
You could include Screwball and Film Noir, but they are closely related to some other categories.

There are plenty of older films that I like (30s - 50s) but sometimes it's hard to look past the bad acting. Not that the acting itself is bad, but it's the wrong type of acting. When the "talking picture" first came out, people weren't used to acting in front of the camera. They were used to acting for the stage: loud, exaggerated movements and projected voices. So they carried that over into films.
Maybe it's just me.

Basically, if the movie has good story or style, I'll generally like it.
"Destroy all that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish" - The Boondock Saints

"Man creates dolls in his own image. If God exists, it's possible that we're all just dolls to him." - Evangelion (episode 22)

AMV.org Profile
Orange Kitten

Postby blueraven » Tue Feb 17, 2004 7:20 am

I pretty much go for anything if as Orange Kitten said "has good story or style". I don't care to much for romance, never hae but I've seen a few good ones. None I can name mind you ^.^' mum has dragged me into a few dramas and musicals but my favorites will always be action and comedy. There have been a few recent movies in which there is a perfect combination, I have to find something I can simply quote and either my brother or mum understand it and laugh.
"Tell me not, in mournful numbers,
Life is but an empty dream!
For the soul is dead that slumbers,
and things are not what they seem.
Life is real! Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art; to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul."
-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
blueraven

Postby Fsiphskilm » Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:58 am

What? No multiple vo
Last edited by Fsiphskilm on Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm leaving CAA perminantly. i've wanted to do this for a long time but I've never gathered the courage to let go.
Fsiphskilm

Postby EireWolf » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:45 pm

I like action movies, but not necessarily shoot-em-ups. I also like fantasy movies. I also refuse to vote. ;)
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
[indent]~~Gandalf, in Fellowship of the Ring[/indent]
EireWolf

Postby Ashley » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:56 pm

hmm...my favorite kind of movie isn't listed. I love the historical fiction genre. Anything from Timeline to The Man in the Iron Mask to Sands of Iwo Jima and all inbetween. Also, I'm a sucker for time travel movies...again, Timeline, Back to the Future, the Time Machine...anything. No cheese to great for me to sit through when it comes to those. ;)
Ashley

Postby Omega Amen » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:41 pm

Umm... what about drama? Just a suggestion.

I really like martial arts flicks (Jet Li's Hong Kong movies, CTHD comes to mind). I guess they fall in the "action/shooting" movies. So....

*clicks*
Find me on Steam, PlayStation Network (OmegaAmen), Backloggery, Twitter, and Twitch.tv

I am also in the Christian gaming group, Tribe of Judah in the Christian Gamers Alliance.
Omega Amen

Return to General Entertainment