Laptop Charger Help

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Laptop Charger Help

Postby Zarn Ishtare » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 am

I have a Dv7 HP Pavilion Laptop, 17-Inch. I'm looking for a new charger, and I'm in Afghanistan, which means I need to buy online/buy from a site that sends to FPO/FPOAE addresses. HELP!
With your doubt, all is comfort
We are all as we appear
No more questions left unanswered
No more wonder, no more fear
Nothing is beauty, nothing's feeling
Blood where there once was a soul
So I ask you, prove yourself
Make me believe that you are whole
Zarn Ishtare

Postby Peanut » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 am

I would think that when it comes to shipping it would depend more on who the site is using more then whether they decide to send to FPO/FPOAE addresses. Of course, I'm just guessing at this since I haven't really been able to find any definitive answers for you. Your best bet would probably be to try and contact HP's customer service to see if they are able to ship it to you and order from them. Amazon might also be able to ship to you.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Reon » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Post ends with price tag $130 - skip reading if to much ^^

I'm sure a lot of members can reply to this because laptop chargers die out after awhile. My Toshiba Satellite's power cord eventually died after a whole three years of working. I looked for a replacement... companies only like to sell universals for $100 bucks.. BOO! And the cheap 30 dollar ones from other companies are cheaply made. I went threw three of them (one sent for free, $60 none the less). So I decided I just wanted power and I wanted it now... So I went to Bestbuy and bought a Kensington, AWESOME! Great power cord, super high reviews, everything I could've wanted and worked with multiple computer. Check it out - hopefully it ships but your looking at $130 dollars I'm guessing with shipping. Best of luck =)
[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Postby Nate » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:05 pm

Unfortunately, a lot of online sites just don't ship to FPO/FPOAE addresses. It's just how it is. I'm sure there's reasons for it, but I'm not 100% sure. I know it was annoying when I was deployed.

If all else fails, you could have them ship it to a friend or family member, and then have that person ship it to you. It sucks and takes a long time, but it's what I did when I wanted something and I was at sea.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Mithrandir » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 pm

I would second Nate's idea. If there's no internal supplier, your best bet is probably the friends-and-family-reflection plan.
Mithrandir

Postby Reon » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm

[color="DimGray"]
[SIZE="1"][font="Arial Narrow"]....[/font][/SIZE]
[/color]
Reon

Return to Computing and Links