Cheap Anime, Manga and MORE!

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Cheap Anime, Manga and MORE!

Postby Chibi0saka » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:19 am

[color="RoyalBlue"]So, we all know what fandubs are and how convenient they make it for us to watch anime before it comes to America. However, watching fandubs is actually illegal, much in the same way that downloading free music off the internet is illegal! Even if the anime is not avaliable in America it is still illegal. There are however some great ways to counteract this!
1) Wait patiently until the anime you so love is avaliable in the U.S. I know, I know, anime is expensive! However if you buy online instead of at Best Buy you can often find a much better deal. I usually shop here: <www.rightstuf.com>. Also, many large (large being the keyword here) used media stores have a HUGE selection of cheap (used) anime. I was at a local used media store and I found a dvd of .HACK for $2!!

2) Find LEGAL websites to watch anime off of. Some (very few) websites actually get a contract with anime companies that legally allows them to stream anime online for free at the same time it is coming out in Japan. I usually go to <www.crunchyroll.com> (WARNING! Crunchyroll has a great selection but they also have a lot of anime up that is Yuri (girls-love)). Crunchyroll has many popular series streaming legally such as Naruto, Shugo Chara, Code Geass, Reborn!, Gintama, and La Corda D'Oro to name a few.

soooooo please consider these two options before you turn to fansubs. Thank you. :sweat:[/color]
[font="Verdana"][color="RoyalBlue"]NOTHING but the blood[/color][/font]
Chibi0saka

Return to Computing and Links