Somewhat of a Problem..

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

Somewhat of a Problem..

Postby The Liar XIII » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:22 pm

I'm going to Halifax soon and I'm planning on putting some videos onto my Hip Street mp3 player to watch on the way. Though, after doing some research, the HS-7334-4GBMX model (which I have) needs the videos converted to .mtp files or something. Though, me being the idiot that I am, I tossed out the little tiny CD that came along with it which HAD the mtp converter. lol. I don't even know how to run those little CD's. :eh:
Anyway, I'm in desperate need of one of these mtp converters. It seems that WinFF nor Any Video Converter doesn't do these conversions..

Help? :(
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:03 pm

I heard that it will also play .avi format videos, which is a common format. Most converters should be able to do that but if not I finf that http://www.zamzar.com is great for free file conversion, you upload your file and then they convert it and email you the new format.
Ante Bellum

Postby The Liar XIII » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:55 am

Ante Bellum (post: 1324925) wrote:I heard that it will also play .avi format videos, which is a common format. Most converters should be able to do that but if not I finf that http://www.zamzar.com is great for free file conversion, you upload your file and then they convert it and email you the new format.

I uploaded the videos in AVI already and it came up that it was an invalid file. :o
I'll try Zamzar, though. Thanks. :)
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Etoh*the*Greato » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:03 am

Usually if they're gonna provide you with weird little proprietary stuff like that, it'll also be on the website. Try there.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that that same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo Galilei
ImageImageImageImage
Etoh*the*Greato

Postby The Liar XIII » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:26 am

Oddly enough, the file converter isn't on the site. o_O
Some Assembly Required

The Liar XIII

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:09 am

http://topsreviews.com/video-converter/video-converter-aimersoft.html
This may help; there's a free trial available, but I don't know how limiting it is.
I just heard that another thing that limits the files is that the player only supports the MPEG4 codec, which I think refers to it's audio. So if something was an .avi file with an MPEG4 codec it may work.
Ante Bellum

Return to Computing and Links