National Health-care phishing scam - be aware...

The geek forum. PHP, Perl, HTML, hardware questions etc.. it's all in here. Got a techie question? We'll sort you out. Ask your questions or post a link to your own site here!

National Health-care phishing scam - be aware...

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:02 pm

Hey everyone,

Just so you know, ever since the Health-care bill passed, there have been many phishing email scams going around. These usually tell you that you're eligible and to just reply to the email with some personal info, or to go to a legitimate looking website and fill out a form. Do not reply or click any links - just delete the email. This is a scam and will end up costing you your identity.

This thread is not to be derailed into a discussion about the bill either pro or con. Just read it and be aware of this phishing scheme. Be sure to tell your friends to ignore these messages!

- Mith
Mithrandir

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up ^^ I'll warn family with email as well ^^
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Ante Bellum » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 pm

Already people are trying to take advantage of it? *runs off to email people*
Ante Bellum

Postby Mithrandir » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:38 pm

ISC reported the first hit in the middle of the speech... >.> Also be on the lookout for poisoned Google search results. If you search for it, you may find yourself taken to a site that does a drive-by download. Just be wary if something looks wrong.
Mithrandir

Return to Computing and Links