I like Trains.

Spawned by the randomness of the general board, here are the threads where you can do fun, pointless things. You may test the forum's features and make signature or avatar requests. Posts made here do not go towards your post count.

Postby Roy Mustang » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:08 am

ABlipinTime wrote:Interestingly enough: I've heard from several people that steam engines are actually more efficient than diesel. Go figure. However, diesel is better for moving slow (I guess that's because it's hard to slow down a steam engine).

The newer GEVO units are very fuel efficient. A lot of people think that stream engines dirty the air with smoke, but really, there is more dirty air coming out of your car then a steam engine. The ones that run on coal, burning of the coal is burnt down so much that there is hardly any carbon dioxide coming out and ones that burn on oil, there is none carbon dioxide that comes out of it.

Anyway, I grew up around trains, since I was two years old. Had family that work for railroads over the years. Dad was the one to get me into trains and we had a model railroad and did railfaning trips. I love studying the history of railroads and been a member of many historical societies. Been a photographer of trains and why my major is photography.

Still get out on railfaning trips, which one will be photography a train depot that was built in 1865 and maybe torn down by the end of the year.

Train music video
Roy Mustang

Postby Voltage » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:34 am

Is like, NO ONE getting that this is asdf or did I just miss the comment!?
Call me Russia, da?

MLIAWESOME.
Voltage

Postby SincerelyAnomymous » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Voltage (post: 1521642) wrote:Is like, NO ONE getting that this is asdf or did I just miss the comment!?

Someone did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHkKJfcBXcw
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”-Oscar Wilde

“Books change us. Books save us. I know this because it happened to me.”Elif Shafak

"Don't stop unbelieving, never give into your unfeelings"-Mabel Pines, Gravity Falls
SincerelyAnomymous

Postby seaglass27 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:32 pm

I love trains, I love every kind of train.
I just wanna ride all of 'em, but I can't!
Can't ride every train...
seaglass27

Postby Vii » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Voltage (post: 1521642) wrote:Is like, NO ONE getting that this is asdf or did I just miss the comment!?

You just missed it. ^_^ I linked to it in my earlier post:

Vii (post: 1510948) wrote:I like trains...I like trains...now where have I heard that before?
ASDF Movie!
Vii

Postby ABlipinTime » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:48 am

@RoyMustang
ooo, cool. I know you said you grew up around trains, but where did you find info on the GEVO units. (I'd like to look those up and right now search engine results aren't giving me what I want)

My dad also is a railroad fan, so we also have model railroad stuff (HO scale). Now is about the time of year we typically get it out, although we haven't yet. Hm, I should do something about that.
What scale are your models?
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:06 am

ABlipinTime wrote:My dad also is a railroad fan, so we also have model railroad stuff (HO scale). Now is about the time of year we typically get it out, although we haven't yet. Hm, I should do something about that.
What scale are your models?

HO scale is what we have. Now that I have moved and get a house down the road. I may go from HO to N scale but not sure.

Here is a link that will tell you about GEVO. The name is short for GE Evolution Series.

GE Evolution unit
Roy Mustang

Postby Sai-Chan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am

honey, why is the baby on fire?:hug:
Sai-Chan

Postby Voltage » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:05 pm

*flail* BUY ME MORE JEWLERY!
Call me Russia, da?

MLIAWESOME.
Voltage

Postby Sai-Chan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:32 pm

my 4 year old brother is OBSESSED with Thomas the tank engine. he waches it EVERY SINGLE day. he even has a special dance he does to the theme song. its the cutest thing in the world :3
Sai-Chan

Previous

Return to Goof Off and Testing