Rejoice with me!!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Rejoice with me!!

Postby kyo83 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 5:45 pm

This is a testimony that I've shared many months ago in my previous blog, which I've close it down due to lack of time to manage it. I hope that you will be bless reading it. Knowing that whatever we sow we will surely read. Delay is not denial! Trust in God, for it pleases Him. So here goes:

I have a very close friend whom I have known for over 12 years. To respect this person, I will not say the name of my friend. I have known him since primary school. He is my closest friend that I ever have. But there is one problem. He doesn’t believe in God. When I got saved 5 years ago. I tried to persuade him that accepting Christ is the only solution to obtain salvation. But somehow He was much closed up to me; he even quoted some examples of people who went bazaar after accepting Christ. He also wanted me to give Him evidence which prove the existence of God! I was very discouraged, it just seems like all my close friends and family member are not able to accept Christ.

Still, I never give up praying for him. I tried praying and fasting for him till a point when I realize that he is not going to open up to me. So I decided to give up on him and move on.

So life carries on as usual, while I am attending Church, he carries on with His life. Only recently, after I have created my blog for sometimes, I have decided to take up faith to invite my family members and this friend of mine who have been very close up to the Gospel, to visit my blog. I was hoping to touch their hearts with my testimonies that I have posted up.

Thankfully, none of them have any objections to that, yet there are also no breakthroughs within my family members, even though they have visited my site. After the week that I have invited them to visit my blog, this close friend of mine contacted me. His tone was unusual. He told me that he has visited my blog and he feels that I have done a great job designing it. The he request to meet up with me to discuss about the FAITH! I was quite shock to hear that knowing that he wasn't open to Jesus at all! So you must understand that how happy I was to hear that.

Eventually we do meet up. We went to my home, sit down and began to talk. I realize that all these years; he has a friend who is a Christian in his platoon. This Christian friend was very strong in the faith. What amazes me was the fact that he uses the book of Job to evangelize to my friend! Something which I have thought that it is not possible, since the book of Job is talking about sufferings, and who wants to hear about sufferings? But that change my thinking. My friend was eventually able to open up his heart to Jesus because of the words in that later part of Job, whereby God ask Job whether was he able to know when the animals give birth, whether could a creation created by the Creator and ask Him why does He create him the way he is. And more of this my friend read and was convicted that indeed he was in no position to question God.

My friend’s faith was further increase when he begin to have a habit of praying to God whenever he experience some difficulties and problems in the army. One such experience was when he was having a route march. It come to a point when he thought that he is going to faint, because he really have no more energy to carry on anymore, so he decided to pray, lo and behold, the Lord take away his anxiety and give Him strength to walk the entire journey to the end with out experiencing any tiredness. Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!

Amen. :)
"When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined."
- Bono, U2

The Common Place

Pure Projext :thumb:
:)

Kyo83.deviantart.com - My Gallery
kyo83

Postby kyo83 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:16 pm

1 Peter 4:12-13
"Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy."

1 Peter 1:6-7
"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ,"

2 Corintians 4:8-10
"We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed-- always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body"

2 Corintians 4:17-18
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."

2 Corinthians 1:3-4
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God."

So I hope that you also don't give up, as Rev. Dr. Phil Pringle,from Christian City Church, Australia, says, "Keep walking! Keep Walking!" Amen. :)
"When the story of these times gets written, we want it to say that we did all we could, and it was more than anyone could have imagined."
- Bono, U2

The Common Place

kyo83

Postby kyo83 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 6:25 pm

Finally, the third one thatI've shared...

I want to take this opportunity to thank God for His graciousness. This was a times of trials I’ve to go through. One of the trials that I’ve to endure is physical illness. I had corns on the soles of my feet, which felt like needle poking through my soles as I walk that I could barely walk properly. And there is the in-grown toe nail. I’ve had in-grown toe nails for many times, but none was as bad as this time round. My toe bleeds even though I only accidentally knock my toe onto something. The pain of my toe nail poking the inner flesh of my toe was unbearable at times. Despite my injury, I had to work to provide allowance for myself. My work didn’t help my injury at all. Very often when I came back home, I can find a portion of my socks were dirtied by the blood from my toe. As a result, I’ve to request to wear slippers to work. Thank God that my superiors didn’t mind. This in-grown toe nail persist for a long time, I think around 2 years, even though I had went to clinic to take my toe nail out TWICE! And had SIX injections on the same toe! At last I realize that it isn’t going to heal so I pray. “God, please I can’t bear another injection anymore. Make my toe healed.â€
- Bono, U2

The Common Place

kyo83

Postby bbboy21 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 5:00 pm

Glad to hear ^_^
:hug: You gotta love it ^.^
bbboy21

something the lord has told me to write out.

Postby spectro-king » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:01 pm

this is what god said to me in a chat room today.

pray. and the lord will be with you. pray right now for an open door of opertunity. that he would bring you up to the next level in him. once we get saved, we are like fish going up stream. other fish will go down, and they will bump into us. the greatest resistance you will ever recieve as a christian is when you are near going through a door, or you get saved. this is when you get the most resistance. sin will try to take you over, but you must master it. the lord is proud of all of you. and he wants to be with you. infact, that is the meaning of life. to be with god.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :hits_self :rock: :rock:
[size=84]Hey! if you find this post, please challenge me in the arcade! I love arcade challenges!!!
my website
spectro-king

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth