A Bit of Word that Came To Me

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

A Bit of Word that Came To Me

Postby Krenz » Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:49 pm

I just wanted to share a quick something that I feel should be shared, and God wants me to share.

I was at my youth group, and guest speaker was preaching to us about something God spoke unto her. She had written on a piece of posterboard "Love Love Love, Pray Pray Pray, Fast Fast Fast". She preached on it, and then we broke up into groups and discussed it. Well, in my group we decided to choose one of those three things that we felt we needed the most. I chose prayer, and as a result I was tasked with studying the Lord's Prayer, and what not. Well, my eyes became fixated on a few verses after the Lord's Prayer that seemed to add to the woman's sermon.

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance,: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face; That thou appear no unto men to fast, but unto thy Father, which is in secret: and thy fater, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.
Matthew 6:15-18

It kind of spoke to me, because of two things it's saying. First, you really need to forgive those who do you wrong, no matter what. Because God will not forgive you for such a thing, or whatever you may do. Also, it says when fasting (this really ties into her sermon) don't go around promoting it, like with a big sign saying "HEY, I'm FASTING!!!". It's something between you and God and should be done inwardly. Sure you can tell people, but don't make a big production out it or something. That's what I got from it. Also, I think since I suddenly had a focus on fasting, that God may want me to fast myself, and that's what I should work on instead of prayer (not that I don't need to pray or anything)

I just thought I should share that with you all.

Thanks for reading, God bless.
Krenz

Postby Swordguy » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:50 am

He does that...has a way of showing us what He wants...i love it
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth