Saved and Sanctified.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Saved and Sanctified.

Postby KataKOON » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:11 pm

Last week I went to church camp. Before then, I kinda believed in god, but nothing major. But then I heard Rev. Benjamin and Rev. Amanda Pettit. They are evangelist, and spent the week at my camp. Ben Pettit's sermons have changed my life, and I can't thank him or Amanda enough. Now I feel so close to god, and I'm going to allow him to guide me to what he wants me to do. (My denomination is the Church of Nazarene now, by the way.) , and I truly want to walk in God's light now. Life is really great now, I didn't think I would ever feel the way I do now. I'm 100% with him now.

...anywhooo... I have a question for everyone.

Me and my girlfriend were planning to have a thing where her youth group fast. We were thinking it would be a good idea to have people sponsor us for it, and then all the money would goto the church. Is it wrong to ask for sponsorship? Does it defeat the purpose?... feedback would be much appreciated.

Oh, and also... could you please pray for me. This whole thing is going to be a huge challenge for me... and I know I'll need help. Could you also pray for my parents? Because they don't really understand, and I want God to get to them, and make them as strong as a believer as I am.

Thank you.
KataKOON

Postby Mave » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:54 pm

Eh let's see, I'm not the expert in this type of question so here's just my personal opinion.

I'm a little more sensitive when it comes to money especially when churches have already established offerings and tithes. When it comes to fasts, I would say the more important thing is to focus on the prayers that come along with it. If you guys need financial support, fasting and praying seems like a good way to approach this problem.

I'll say a prayer for you, your girlfriend and parents. May God lead the way and give you wisdom in this matter.
Mave

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth