I'm finally free...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I'm finally free...

Postby Slater » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:00 pm

for the past half decade or so, I've been hiding a sin I committed in the past. I've been sitting on it and running from it and trying to pretend that it would just disappear, and all these years I did a good job at that... well, the hiding part that is. Nobody knew about the sin I committed except for me, the party involved in the sin, and God. But the longer I went on hiding it, the harder it got, and the more painful...

So today I told my gf and another friend my deepest, darkest secret... Telling them was my greatest fear, because I thought that they'd think me as being too dirty... afterall, the sin I committed often earns a death-sentence in some countries today. But God was calling me to tell them and I did.

I am so praisefull that I have friends who forgave me when I told them. I feel freed from years of running from this thing and now feel, for the first time in a long time, like I am alive again... I feel that it was the devil inside of me who was afraid for the truth to come out, and today he was sqashed and his grip on me released.

Praise the Lord.
Slater

Postby Mave » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:48 am

Praise God, frwl!

I don't know what you mean exactly but I have had my own share of hidden dark secrets. Confession is always the first step towards healing and overcoming. May God continue to carry you through this victoriously!
Mave

Postby Swordguy » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:52 am

it is hard for God to work if you hold onto the dark parts ofa your old self, and it is allwasy nice to find someone who doesn't judge to tell your sins too...that taht is why God toldus to bear one anothers burdends....and love one another...so taht we could grow.
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby TrigunX89 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:17 am

Woohoo! That's great to hear, frwl! :dance:
TrigunX89

Postby c_hunter » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:56 am

gud 4 ya! God Bless!
God has a plan for each of us
He wants us to fullfill
And He'll provide the strength we need
To carry out His will.

God bless.. :jump:
c_hunter

Postby starstoryteller » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:26 am

Oh man I can relate to that (on a smaller scale of course but all sin is sin.)
:comp: "Foul Beast"

Jesus is the Lord of the Kings

I love hypper people :hug:

"...art can teach without at all ceasing to be art."

"Love may forgive all infirmities and love still in spite of them: but Love cannot cease to will their removal."

"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

the words of C.S. Lewis "Jack"
starstoryteller

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth