Touched by an Angel.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Touched by an Angel.

Postby Anison Twilight » Fri Jul 08, 2005 6:02 am

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." -Hebrews 13:2

There are many instances where some one steps into our lives out of no where, says or does something that helps us along and disappears just as mysteriously. Are these angels sent by God? Let me give you an example.

My current youth pastor was 15 and was put into the intensive care unit at the local hospital. He had been taking a bath when an epileptic fit had seized him and caused him to pass out. He nearly choked to death on water and his own vomit. He was taken to the hospital and it was thought that he wouldn't survive, let alone be able to talk or communicate if he did. A group of people from my church including the pastor and his wife(which were his parents) and my old youth pastor and his wife were waiting in the lobby to hear whether he was alright or not. They were all scared and had know idea of what to do. Then a woman walked up to them and just simply asked them "Why don't you pray?". They all prayed and the instant they had finished praying a nurse came out and told them that Nate was awake and that he wanted to speak with his mom. The prayer vigil looked around for the woman that had reminded them to pray, but she wasn't there.

Many involved in the incedent believe that the woman was an angel, just simply because it was a miracle that Nathan lived. Whether she really was an angel or not we won't know until we get to heaven, but nonetheless. Here is another story.

Missionaries to Cuba were being exported on a plane. They had been caught practicing and had nearly been killed. For whatever reason they had been deported instead of executed. It was a missionary couple and their two boys, one 9 the other 11 or 12. The husband was tied up and set apart from the rest of the family and guarded by two army men from cuba who each had guns. The flight was delayed getting off the ground and two men climbed aboard at the last second before the plane took off. According to the missionary's wife the two men seemed to be American men and they seemed to be cheerful. One of these men sat next to the husband momentarily, giving the man a reassuring wink. After a while the wife began to get very upset. It seemed that the flight had been longer than it should have been, she thought that the Cubans were taking them to somewhere other than Mexico(their destination). As if reading her mind, one of the men sat next to her and told her that they would be landing in just a few minutes. The other man sat with the boys, the younger one had fallen asleep with his head on the man's shoulder while the older one had been talking to him. The flight ended and everyone was aloud off and they lost track of the two men after that.

Angels? I personally think so. There's one last story I want to share before I stop.

My old youth pastor was at a teen's house, trying to witness to them, but his mother was constantly keeping the conversation from going that way. She would say how bad it was to be a Christian and all sorts of stuff like that. My youth pastor got fed up and prayed that God would take the devil from that room. The phone rang. The mother left to go answer it. Seeing his opportunity, Kevin led the boy to Christ while his mother tried to get off the phone.

This is the purpose of this thread: I know I'm not the only person with these kinds of stories. You probably have all had encounters with angels or have heard of them. Share them here.
I am a brother to dragons, and a companion to owls.
-Job 30:29
Anison Twilight

Postby Syreth » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:55 pm

My Grandfather had a terminal illness. Before he died he saw an angel and afterward, he accepted Christ. He had a hard heart his whole life. It was like he knew the truth, but wouldn't accept it. Praise the Lord that he finally did. I suppose it takes really extreme things to happen in some people's lives in order for them to accept the Lord.
Syreth

Postby Uriel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:48 am

What are angels? Are they spirits of the dead? Extensions of God's love? Ancestors? Who knows? I just know that they work in a very nice way.

I haven't actually seen an angel and I doubt that I ever will, but I have to say that in terms of having experienced kind people in my life, good oppurtunities, inspired thoughts...I'd say I've "seen" angels, in that sense. I would call all those lovely people I worked with in Canterbury "angels", as if I'd found them, felt them through God's love. In a general sense angels are mental/spiritual extensions of God that really work hard and shower us with good things in life, help get the right moments, saying the right things, etc.

Of course, I'm sure they look good too. I really hope angels are shiny. I'd love to follow their example and help people...and maybe fight some devils when I'm dead!
Peace be with you...look not on our sins but on the faith of Your church.
Uriel

Postby mastersquirrel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:09 am

My grandmother once told me a story, one night she prayed like she always did, and asked God to keep them safe that night. The next morning a neighbor called and said that they had seen a person dressed in white just walking around their house that night. My grandmother merely responded, "Oh that was just my guardian angel protecting my house."

I don't know if I've ever met an angel before, but I know that they are around us, helping us through the times when we think everything is going wrong.
mastersquirrel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth