Something hard to forget, easy to take advantage of.

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Something hard to forget, easy to take advantage of.

Postby Seaniel » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:18 am

I don't have a doubt in my mind that every one of you loves your close friends, and even the not so close ones. They mean so very much to you. And it's the same to me, I've been forced to realize how truly blessed I am. In every aspect of life, but especially this one. I'm the sort of person who keeps a small circle of close friends, so each is particularly precious to me. They keep me from turning into an anti-social, deeply flawed monster like I would otherwise. They're also patient with whatever shortcomings I present, and never get sick of using the word love when it's needed. Their already have my love, and they have Christs love. And I know I do. But I would just like to thank Lord God, El Shaddai...my light in dark places, for granting me friends I don't deserve, and chances to deserve them. They are Heaven sent, truly. I also pray that I can be the same to those who need it. Thank you for reading my testimony, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
"This is not dystrophy, but desire.
Desire for comfort in the dark."
~Jason Gleason
Seaniel

Postby Jasdero » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:36 am

^___^ *nodnod* I utterly agree.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Ryupower » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:32 pm

I like having a small circle as well...:)
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Postby holysoldier5000 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:28 am

That is one thing I do not have. The Lord has not blessed me with many friends, over my life time, but in a way that was a blessing in itself. It seems that instead of having lots of friends, I have always had one very good friend. Growing up I had my best friend for many years, but then he left for collage, and I don't seem him as much. But when my best friend left I developed a friendship with another person who is second to my best friend. Then he got married and moved away and I don't hear from him as much. Now I have found this board and have found friends here, not many, but they are very good friends. I say this was a blessing becuase sometimes a group of fair weather friends can be harmful. They can preasure people into beliving and doing the wrong thing. When it is just one friend, well that allows for building a closser bond between the two, one that can never be severed.

Friends ~ Michael W. Smith

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Can’t believe the hopes he’s granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But we’ll keep you close as always
It won’t even seem you’ve gone
’cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

And friends are friends forever
If the lord’s the lord of them
And a friend will not say never
’cause the welcome will not end
Though it’s hard to let you go
In the father’s hands we know
That a lifetime’s not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love god’s given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy you’ll live in
Is the strength that now you show

But we’ll keep you close as always
It won’t even seem you’ve gone
’cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:51 am

Seaniel wrote:I don't have a doubt in my mind that every one of you loves your close friends, and even the not so close ones. They mean so very much to you. And it's the same to me, I've been forced to realize how truly blessed I am. In every aspect of life, but especially this one. I'm the sort of person who keeps a small circle of close friends, so each is particularly precious to me. They keep me from turning into an anti-social, deeply flawed monster like I would otherwise. They're also patient with whatever shortcomings I present, and never get sick of using the word love when it's needed. Their already have my love, and they have Christs love. And I know I do. But I would just like to thank Lord God, El Shaddai...my light in dark places, for granting me friends I don't deserve, and chances to deserve them. They are Heaven sent, truly. I also pray that I can be the same to those who need it. Thank you for reading my testimony, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I can assure you that you are not the only one being blessed by God through those friendships ^_~ I think that's what friends are for...to lean on each other when things get rough, taking turns in times of need. Friends are one of the manifestations of God's love for us, I truly believe. One of God's great gifts to us. *hugs*
dragonshimmer

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth