An Unexpected Blessing

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

An Unexpected Blessing

Postby Emanku » Fri May 13, 2005 1:43 pm

I'm from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I've lived in this city all my life. I was fairly certain, up until a few weeks ago, that I would be staying here for quite a while still. That changed when a representative from a post-secondary school showed a presentation in my Graphic Design class. In short: I was blown away by how well the school fit with my career plans.

For a my last year of junior high, and these three years of high school, my marks have not reflected my ability. I'm not really sure why. They would be in the fifties, sixties or sometimes much lower but I should be able to get eighties; nineties, even. Strange . . .

Two days before the presentation, my best friend told me his family was moving from their home in Toronto, Ontario to a new one in Vancouver, British Columbia. My only thought at that time was: 'I don't have any relatives in Vancouver, so that'll make visiting Brian more difficult.'

God is so good!

The presentation I saw was for the Art Institute of Vancouver. This means that if I get accepted there, I'll be able to rent a room from Brian's family and be able to spend plenty of time with my best friend. Here's another little cool bit: If I'd had high marks I would have already applied to go someplace like the University of Calgary. High school marks are not one of the major factors in getting admitted to the Art Institute, though.

God took my friend moving away and low marks in school and turned them into the perfect (i use that term loosely, only God is perfect) opportunity for me.
I will not waver, doubt or falter for all truth in this world has been written into the book here at my side.
Emanku

Postby zelda » Fri May 13, 2005 1:49 pm

WOW!!!!! :wow!: That's totally cool!!!!!!!!! :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Signature, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
zelda

Postby Ryupower » Sat May 21, 2005 10:35 pm

That's pretty cool! God's a very good God! :)
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth