I walk a lonely road...(testimony)

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I walk a lonely road...

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:38 am

[I]“I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk aloneâ€
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby Ssjjvash » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:20 am

Thanks for posting this. It really means a lot to me. I can relate.
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone
And so hold on when there is nothing left in you
Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!' ...you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling

Satan, bite the dust!Image

"You are not who your mistakes say you are; you are not the sum of your failures!"---Rev. Billy Miller

Proverbs 18:24
Ssjjvash

Postby Cap'n Nick » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:33 pm

There are people that I don't get along with. However, not all of them are bad people, bad Christians, or hypocrites. How well I can interact with them or how much I enjoy spending time with them is not a measure of their walk with God.

Perhaps you really did have the misfortune of attending only churches composed entirely of hypocrites. However, I ask you to reconsider before you level this accusation against all church-going believers in the world and on this forum.
Cap'n Nick

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:13 pm

Cap'n Crack wrote:There are people that I don't get along with. However, not all of them are bad people, bad Christians, or hypocrites. How well I can interact with them or how much I enjoy spending time with them is not a measure of their walk with God.

Perhaps you really did have the misfortune of attending only churches composed entirely of hypocrites. However, I ask you to reconsider before you level this accusation against all church-going believers in the world and on this forum.

I do fear you have greatly misinterpreted me. I was speaking only of the hypocrites, which I have known, and the ones Jesus knew. (Which are a lot.) I was not saying that all Christians are hypocrites. On the contrary! Real Christians walk on the outside, just like Jesus did. They walk on the outside of worldly institutions, and some Religious institutions, just because these places are of the world. I am by no means saying that Christians walk outside the church family. The truth of the matter is that true Christians are all part of the church family. The Church family is not a building, but a group of people who believe and fallow Christ. They walk together, in some places, but not in others. It is my observation that I have not found a place where Christians my age walk together. I now, thanks to God, have a new church that I attend, and they are the best Christians I have ever meet. But up until the time I started going, all supposed Christians I knew were not very good Christians. But by no means am I saying that all the people on the CAA are bad Christians. I never said that. Actually there are several I can safely call brothers and sisters in Christ. And that wasn’t my point anyway.

But here are my questions to you:
1. Do you ever feel alone in this world?
2. Feel as if you are on the outside looking in?
3. Do you ever feel that sometimes God is your only friend?
holysoldier5000

Postby Cap'n Nick » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:54 am

It seems I have. I reread your previous post in light of your clarifications and it seems my mind emphasized certain parts improperly. Forgive me, for I know many people that speak your words with not nearly as noble a purpose in mind. I see now that you are not one of those and that my ire was once again misdirected.

I totally hear you about people our age not walking together in God. I have a church that I can call home, but there are no other college students there. I have Christian friends my age but to be honest, if they didn't mention it to me I never would have guessed. It does get lonely and I wish I could find the same kind of fellowship in the flesh that I do on CAA.
Cap'n Nick

Postby Yeshua-Knight » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:39 pm

amen to that cap, and one to you as well holy soldier
'nuff said
Yeshua-Knight

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:12 pm

Cap'n Crack wrote:It seems I have. I reread your previous post in light of your clarifications and it seems my mind emphasized certain parts improperly. Forgive me, for I know many people that speak your words with not nearly as noble a purpose in mind. I see now that you are not one of those and that my ire was once again misdirected.

Cap’n Crack. I accept your apology. Actually I am very impressed by you. You weren’t afraid to stand up for what you thought was right, but when you realized you might have made an error you humbled yourself enough to back down and reassess the situation. That was a very mature thing to do. If you keep that up you will certainly go far!

God Bless
holysoldier5000
holysoldier5000

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth