I walk a lonely road...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I walk a lonely road...

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:02 am

[I]“I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk aloneâ€
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby Kisa » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:02 am

I know how you feel, and I think everyone feels that way at some time or another. It is also harder for some, but sometiems you have someone there with you you never realized and of course God is always with you too ^^
Romans 12:2
Kisa

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:09 am

i indeed am in outcast in school, so i know what its like as well
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Godly Paladin » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:40 pm

But wherever ye be an outcast, ye're always welcome 'ere at CAA, matey.
ImageImage
Godly Paladin

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:48 pm

Being homeschooled, I know exactly how that feels, im alone alot of the time, I dont have many friends. But hey, Jesus is always there with us, He's my best friend...always has been always will be, He's always been by my side when no one else was, He always catches my tears when I have no one to cry to. He's always listening when I want to speak, He will always love us. And remember there's no one else on earth that knows the feeling of being an outcast ..... better than our Lord Jesus Christ. Its a comfort to know He went through those things as well, so we arent alone in this.
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby faithfighter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:41 pm

Sakura15 wrote:Being homeschooled, I know exactly how that feels, im alone alot of the time, I dont have many friends. But hey, Jesus is always there with us, He's my best friend...always has been always will be, He's always been by my side when no one else was, He always catches my tears when I have no one to cry to. He's always listening when I want to speak, He will always love us. And remember there's no one else on earth that knows the feeling of being an outcast ..... better than our Lord Jesus Christ. Its a comfort to know He went through those things as well, so we arent alone in this.

I know what you mean being homeschooled too.
For a long time I was so alone...I had my best friend bu still nothing seemed good enough...then she got cancer...and I found out I had a lot more then I saw. One of my brothers moved far away...I was even more alone. I prayed night after night for something to fill his gap. I prayed for a friend...I spent a summer alone...I wasn't really but thats how I felt...then something happened...I still noit sure what but though nothing out side of me changed I didn't feel alone...God changed my on the inside and made me rely on him that muchh more. It was great. Fall came and my friendgot out of the hospital...she was ok! She invited me to a youth group wher I met and made so many more friedns. and because my 1 brother moved I got even closer to my other 2 brothers...all that bad turned good!
Then my brother told be about CAA and things got better and beter!
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:01 pm

faithfighter wrote:I know what you mean being homeschooled too.
For a long time I was so alone...I had my best friend bu still nothing seemed good enough...then she got cancer...and I found out I had a lot more then I saw. One of my brothers moved far away...I was even more alone. I prayed night after night for something to fill his gap. I prayed for a friend...I spent a summer alone...I wasn't really but thats how I felt...then something happened...I still noit sure what but though nothing out side of me changed I didn't feel alone...God changed my on the inside and made me rely on him that muchh more. It was great. Fall came and my friendgot out of the hospital...she was ok! She invited me to a youth group wher I met and made so many more friedns. and because my 1 brother moved I got even closer to my other 2 brothers...all that bad turned good!
Then my brother told be about CAA and things got better and beter!

Thats Awesome FF-chan!! :hug: Isnt our God Awesome?
Im making some friends at my new church now, but only 1 of them lives close enough to do stuff with. Its still cool though :)
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby faithfighter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:23 pm

Sakura15 wrote:Thats Awesome FF-chan!! :hug: Isnt our God Awesome?
Im making some friends at my new church now, but only 1 of them lives close enough to do stuff with. Its still cool though :)

Sakura-chan
Yay I God totaly rocks!

I am glad you meet some friends there. and I am always your friend. :hug: and here for you when you need me ok. :hug:
[color="Green"][font="Verdana"]There is no one you can't love once you know their story-Mary Lou Lawnacki[/font][/color]
faithfighter

Postby Syaoran » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:32 pm

[quote]“I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk aloneâ€
Syaoran

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:01 pm

faithfighter wrote:Sakura-chan
Yay I God totaly rocks!

I am glad you meet some friends there. and I am always your friend. :hug: and here for you when you need me ok. :hug:

Thanks!. I am always here for you too! :hug: :hug:

I love that song. I my self walk on a lonely road. my school is so bad that I can't make any friends. My "friends" so called don't care what I say or do they just go on what they are doing. I find it very hard to talk to any one. I do walk a lonely road and my problems I have to solve on my own. my brothers and my parents can't help me with my problems. so ya I know what you are feeling. some days I just sream to God and ask why I am on this road and why I can't make new friends.

:hug: Im always your friend too Sy-chan. Just remeber...even though we may not understand....we are going through this for a reason. :hug:
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Syaoran » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:33 pm

Thank you I need a friend more than ever.
Syaoran

We are family...

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Isn’t it wonderful…that even though so many of us feel we are walking alone, we really are walking together! Remember, the reason we are on the outside is because we are following God. That is a reward in itself…But (and this is a big “BUTâ€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 8:48 pm

[quote="holysoldier5000"]Isn’t it wonderful…that even though so many of us feel we are walking alone, we really are walking together! Remember, the reason we are on the outside is because we are following God. That is a reward in itself…But (and this is a big “BUTâ€
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby faithfighter » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:12 pm

Sy-chan & Sakura-chan :hug: you to HolyS
Its great to walk together with God and each other! :hug:
faithfighter

Postby Linksquest » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:57 pm

Yes, manytimes i have felt like an outsider. When you are the only virgin you know of in your school... being an outsider is a given.
DO YOU FLY FOR FUN?!

I give props to these ANIMEs/MANGAs: GRAVE OF THE FIREFLIES, AZUMANGA DAIOH, MONSTER, SAILOR MOON SERIES, AKAGE NO ANNE, BOTTLE FAIRY, MY NEIGHBOR TOTORO, HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE, PARANOIA AGENT, YAKITATE!! JAPAN, UTAWARERUMONO, KANON, FULL MOON WO SAGASHITE, & YOTSUBA&!

LINKSQUEST's PASSIONS are: READING (especially books by authors: Lois Lowry, L.M. Montgomery, Ray Bradbury, C.S. Lewis) WRITING, SINGING, ACTING, COMPOSING, PIANO, PHOTOGRAPHY, ART, COOKING, MYST series, ZELDA series,OLD TIME RADIO , New Time Radio, SPANISH, LANGUAGES, and the list goes on.
Unlucky Secret Bump Thread Member #13

"WITH GREAT POWER COMES GREAT ENERGY BILLS!"
Linksquest

Postby Joshua Christopher » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:05 pm

I am the definition of 'loner.'

Want to know what song describes Impact? So do I.
But I like these lyrics, so I'll post 'em.

Go to sleep
We're so tired now
Altogether in a snake pit of souls
New days
To throw your chains away
To try to hang your hopes on the wind

Little one
Just a little way
Today all we need is waiting

Night rise
Like the evening prize
In a turnstile backwards we fly
Cold bones
Tied together by
Black ropes we pulled from a swing

Little one
Just a little way
Today all of the dreams are waking

Can't stand on crooked legs
I'm cross-eyed to the wall
In these harbor lights
Satellites explode

Drown, drown
Sailors run aground
In a seachange nothing is safe
Strange waves
Push us every way
In a stolen boat we'll float away

Little one
Hold on
All of the dreams are wasting
Joshua Christopher

It maybe a lonely road, but I am sure glad I walk it!

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:56 pm

It maybe a lonely road, but I am sure glad I walk it!

I have just come back from a long day at collage, an educational institution, yes, but what kind of education? I have had the temptations of the world shoved in my face. False doctrines run wild. Everyone has had sex except me and why haven’t I yet? [I] “What? You mean you haven’t ever gotten drunk or gotten high or sleep with a girl? Oh you’re no fun at all! Preacher boy!â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:02 pm

A Big Amen!! :thumb:

I concur, as christians, we will always be thought of as "Weird" or "outsiders" and thats exactly what we are, we were made for another world, here nothing will ever satisfy us...even if we were the most popular people who had tons and tons of friends...what good is it? without Christ?

I love this quote from C.S. Lewis,
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."

Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. ~Psalm 84:10

Amen and Amen! :)
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

What a friend we have in Jesus

Postby holysoldier5000 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:11 am

To those who have not posted on this thread,

Brothers and Sisters in our lord Jesus Christ,
If you are struggling with some of the issues that I posted in this thread, or if you are like the others who have posted, then will you please post as well? The church, the body of believers in Christ, is to support, help, and love each other. If you need someone to simply lean on, say a prayer for you, or simply just to give a care for you, then will you please let us know. Please post your thoughts? Or if you do not want to post your thoughts then please won’t you PM me? I am always willing to lend an ear…or an eye in the case of PMing… ;) Please let us know…after all you truly don’t walk alone, for Jesus, and us, the body of believers, walk with you.

To those who are reading these posts and are not a believer in Christ,
My friends, you truly do not know what you are missing by not believing in Christ. While believing in Christ won’t make you rich, popular, and rid you of all your troubles…it can bring peace and joy to your heart. If you haven’t accepted him then let me invite you to do so. Belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior assures you that you will always have a friend to walk with you, one that will always be with you that will lift you up when you are down, feeling blue with no one around. Jesus Christ can be your friend…

What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;

Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

God Bless
holysoldier5000

[I]“Father, I pray for those who are part of the church family, that they will have the strength to carry on the good work of the gospel. And I pray for those who are not members, that they will come to you and simply ask for Jesus to come into their heart, then they too can know the joy you bring. Thank you Jesus for you everlasting love. Amen.â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Anna Mae » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:37 am

Hmm, this thread was a good idea, holysoldier5000. I am pretty much an outsider at school (and sometimes church also), but I have learned to almost enjoy being in the world but not of the world. Isn't there a verse somewhere that says to rejoice when people persecute you and are mean to you because of God? Anyway, power to 'ya!
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:55 am

Yeah, I've always been a bit of an outcast. Primary school was good, high school was hell a good part of the time and tafe wasn't much fun either. At church I often feel welcome but sometimes I feel a bit left out. Its a tough walk being a Christian but one worth travelling as the Creator of the Universe is our personal friend and will help us every step of the way!

I've been struggling for a large number of weeks about not feeling God's presence but really needing it. I read the Bible and pray everyday to communicate with God but sometimes we have to realise we won't feel his presence all the times, but he is always with us. I've got angry at God about not healing my friend's sickness and other things (unemployed etc) and then doubt that prayer works sets in. I know in my mind that prayer works but it is oh so much harder for my heart to often realise this. I think Sunday's church service was particually relevant to me in that it talked about us learning to listen to God, giving Him time to say stuff to us. I have to learn to listen more.

I guess there's an important lesson there.
God Bless!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Danyasaur » Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:13 am

I've passed by this thread for the last cupple of days a number of times, and now, I'm glad I did actually read this, cuz' I've felt the same way, whever I am, even with the most Goldy upright, walkin' with the Lord people *not like, in a religious way, but real awesome men and women of God*. . . I could be with a million of them and feel like I don't belong, that I'm alone, or pushed aside. I've had this problem all my life, although, it wasn't as strong as it's been recently. I guess I've allways known I was somewhat differant. I've only been around a verry few people that I've felt like I belong with, and they're all alot older than me so I don't get to see them much. But, I guess everyday, all it takes is those few people to let God tell me that I am infact, not alone, and jesus has allways been my best friend, allways and forever he's gonna' stay that, and I wouldn't trade him for ANY amount of friends whatsoever. It gets really hard at times, being an outcast, and a pastor's kid and a painfully shy person all rolled up into one is almost too much to bear at times, but I allways pull through with Jesus by my side, so, it's been great, and I've really loved my walk with the lord ^_^ although, even though I'm at a wonderfull peace, I stil have that nag, that Holy discontentment, and it's a good disscontentment, the one that want's more of God's presence, more of His power and Holy Spirit, the one that makes you cry out for God saying that you must have more of Him, lol, as one time I put it it was "Either I'm goin' up there God! or you're comin' down here!" I've been really sturgling with a real dryness recently in God's presence, and religious *the bad kind of religious* hearts in the church, and how church isn't exciting when it's suposed to be, and. .. just how dry it's been lately, but even in this dry time God's still been there with me helpin' me through, and I love 'im for it ^_^ Jesus rox my sox
[color="DimGray"]I don't believe that I would die if I saw you face to face;
but that my spirit would become so alive it took my body's place.

- Danya[/color]
Danyasaur

Postby Kewl Girl » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Wow! How did I miss this thread!!?? Oh well, better late than never, so wheres the sign up sheet?? (JK)

Id have to say I definatley feel alone. Im not really aceepted by many people where I come from because Im not really accepted by my church, and I choose not to be an oficial member of the 'Out-casts' because they smoke and such.

The main reason Im not not accepted by my church is because I brake the "unspoken' rules of our little town. The kind of things like 'Youre not supposed to hang around with the "Losers" because they give you a bad rep.', 'You should only talk to the kids who go to Youth Group', and such. Unfortunatley I disregard these rules so I have been thrown into the category of the outcasts.

These kids are really some of my best friends, one maybe two of them are Christians who have left their faith for the world the rest are just kids who have been through tough situations. These kids care more about me than enyone else that I know. When I feel sad they are the ones who come sit down and talk to me. When I stand up for what I believe in theyre the ones who stick with me. Were all good friends, but we dont spend significant amounts of time with one another because I cant do all the stuff they do because it would be wrong.

I love these guys and would do anything I could for them. Unfortuantley I feel like Im the only one fighting to help these kids. I literally am the only one in my town here, but I know there are others like me on other places around the world and that keeps me going.

God has been my greatest friend though. When people ask me who my ro-model or the adult figure that Ilook up to I always say God is. Yes, I know from a good deal to many people laughing at me that this souns extremly lame. But Ive learned that people always mess up and let you down, God doesnt. That is why I dont strive to be a 'good Christian boy or girl' like everyone else. Instead I compare my life to Gods. When I look at it that way, I know that Im no where near what a Christian should be. Thus I keep working to grow more like Christ every day.

Its nice to know that I have brothers and sisters in Christ here that I can talk to though, I think finding this sight was one of the greates blessings God has ever given me. It showed me that there are a lot of others fighting alongside with me, and that I wasnt really alone at all.

At least thats my opinion on the matter!!
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
:jump: "I say BOO to lust, and DOWN with "hot"!!" :jump: , a quote from Felix.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Refined like Gold

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:56 am

Anna Mae wrote:Isn't there a verse somewhere that says to rejoice when people persecute you and are mean to you because of God? Anyway, power to 'ya!

Anne Mae, the verse is in Mathew 5:10-12 and in Luke 6: 20-22. If you know anything about these passages they are the very words of Jesus himself and they are said during his most famous sermon, the Sermon on the Mount. In them Jesus’ makes an interesting statement:

Mathew 5:10-12
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6: 20-22
Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.

These are interesting verses because they are promise verses given to us directly from the mouth of Jesus. But what a powerful statement Jesus has made. [I] “Blessed are those who are persecuted.â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:19 am

[quote="holysoldier5000"]Anne Mae, the verse is in Mathew 5:10-12 and in Luke 6: 20-22. If you know anything about these passages they are the very words of Jesus himself and they are said during his most famous sermon, the Sermon on the Mount. In them Jesus’ makes an interesting statement:

Mathew 5:10-12
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6: 20-22
Blessed are you when men hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets.

These are interesting verses because they are promise verses given to us directly from the mouth of Jesus. But what a powerful statement Jesus has made. [I] “Blessed are those who are persecuted.â€
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Anna Mae » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:26 pm

Actually, I was thinking of 2 Corinthians 12:8-10, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, or Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persections, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." But those other verses work too. :)
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:34 pm

Linksquest wrote:Yes, manytimes i have felt like an outsider. When you are the only virgin you know of in your school... being an outsider is a given.

john... you got like other christian buddies in your school

lucky T_T
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:58 pm

Amen
Shao Feng-Li

Love

Postby holysoldier5000 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:44 pm

I was reading Paul’s first letter to the church in Corinth, or 1 Corinthians, when I came across a remarkable series of statements.

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
1 Corinthians 13:2-3
[I]
“But have not love, I am nothing.â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:49 pm

Anna Mae wrote:Actually, I was thinking of 2 Corinthians 12:8-10, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, or Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persections, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." But those other verses work too. :)

:thumb:
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Next