My dream, my passion, and my desire...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My dream, my passion, and my desire...

Postby Mr. Rogers » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:39 am

My dream, my passion, and my desire is to be a hero and change the world.

We live in a generation that is lost. That is wandering through darkness, stumbling and falling on the wrong paths they have chosen, being destroyed on those paths and by the corrupt enemy of this world. They are dying, they are being lost forever. Jesus has rescued me from this darkness, and from this path with no good future, and nothing good in this present life, and He has rescued me from an overpowering enemy, and continues to protect me. He made me into a soldier in His powerful army, and given authority to trample the enemy. I want to go into battle and rescue this wandering generation.

There are many people who live in brokenness. Their lives are filled with pain and hurt. They wonder if things will ever change, if things will always be this way. They live in broken families, abuse, trauma, depression, or other painful things. They take it out on themselves, wondering if this shattered life is all their fault, or wander deeper into darkness searching for a way out. They live in loneliness and despair. They live without hope, without anyone to care or notice. Jesus has healed me and continues to heal me. I want to bring the same to their lives. I want to bring love and worth. I want to bring hope and change. I want to bring wholeness to this broken generation.

There are many fearful, untrained soldiers in this army we serve in. They have what it takes, but they get distracted by the jeers and taunts of the enemy, and by their own doubting hearts. They don't always trust the One Who has all authority in Heaven and on Earth. They need someone to help them put on their armor, sharpen their sword, teach them to fight skillfully, and be by their side in battle. This is one area I have to admit I fall short in right now, but God will help me and work on me, and after He does, I will help others to do the same. I want to make heroes of this discouraged generation.

There are many people who have no song of joy in their hearts. Their focus is only on the things of this world, or they are weary and it faded away. They take no time, or sometimes just forget, to worship the One Who made everything, and Who gives us far more than we could ever dream. Life is too fast-paced, and given up for things of no real value, or life is too hard and we don't go to the One Who can renew us and give us strength. Jesus has given me a song of true joy in my heart and given me more than I could ever ask for, and He has always been there for me and sustained me when I am empty and have nothing left. I want to use the gift of music to glorify God and to help others to better see Him, find strength, and remember what really matters in life. I want to give a song to this joyless generation.

The task I face is enormous. There is so much work to do. There is so much opposition from the enemy and from those who hate what is good. I feel overwhelmed when I think about just one of these things, but God has put more than one thing on my heart. How can I do this? How can I possibly have what it takes? I don't know, but I'm not alone. There are other warriors who will help me and God is always right by my side. I can't do much myself, but:

[i]“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.â€
Mr. Rogers

Postby Jasdero » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:38 pm

@_@ that's so beautifully written, Jim...
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby Ryupower » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:36 pm

THAT was awsome!
oo-oo--ooh! I can feel the Holy Spirit here! *shivers* *gets goosebumps* *thinks there should be an goosebumps emoticon*

Great job man! I'm with you! Through the power of Christ we can change the world!

Hallelujah!

And when you pointed out all those emotions, I felt them all hitting in my heart, because I almost suicided...

*sniff* Awsome job.

:hug:
My DA

(\_/)
(O.o) Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig
(> <) Help Him Achieve World Domination...
Ryupower

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth