I just kind of thought this was cool...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

I just kind of thought this was cool...

Postby Anna Mae » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:27 am

Recently I have been pondering prayer and how it is supposed to be a conversation with God. I was thinking about how mine usually feel one-sided, even though I have times of listening in them.

So, I was talking to someone about it and they held up a Bible and said, "God does talk a lot."

Anyway, this morning as I was doing my devotions and decided to have a real conversation with God. I asked him how he was doing today, opened my Bible... and got an answer! I continued doing this, asking God questions and conversing with him, ending with asking him what he wanted me to do today. He told me he wanted me to trust in him and be at/spread peace.

It was so awesome! Glory to God :jump: !
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

Postby wilson1112000 » Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:35 pm

Woah! That is cool.
Praise the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might, for that is what we were created for.
----------------------------------------------------------------
We've got to speed things up in this hotel. Chef, if a guest orders a three-minute egg, give it to him in two minutes.
If he orders a two-minute egg, give it to him in one minute.
If he orders a one-minute egg, give him a chicken and let him work it out for himself.

Groucho in A Night in Casablanca (movie)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese Finger trap: noun 1. A puzzle that is supposed to test ones ability at problem solveing. or 2. The manifistation of Satan in a cardborad tube.

You decide.
wilson1112000

Postby Anna Mae » Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:17 am

ALRIGHT! SOMEONE CARES!

Thank you for posting, Wilson.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

Anna Mae

Postby Swordguy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:21 pm

well God is a very talktive guy once you get Him started :p
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby Anna Mae » Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:24 pm

Another person who actually reads the testimonies and not just posts them!

Thank you for responding, Swordguy.

Anna Mae

Postby Zane » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:58 am

Oh, now I kinda feel bad... I read it just after it had been posted, but had nothing to say besides.... 'thats cool' or something and i didn't wanna waste a post with nothing much to say... but now I do so, yeah that is awesome, I've not thought about it like that before and I'll give it a shot, thanks Anna Mae for that.
Zane

Postby Anna Mae » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:22 pm

No hard feelings.

Anna Mae

Postby anime4christ » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:31 pm

hehe, I go to a baptist church where that is generaly discouraged. But it depends on whether you just opened it to a random place or not, or if you were trying it purposly. Basicaly, if you pray and open your Bible to a random spot, close your eyes and point with your finger to a random verse then read it, that's not aloud where I come from. But if you just happened to open your Bible where you left off or another place just to read not expecting anything, and you happened to see it right there, that's acceptable. Pretty cool though, I guess.
anime4christ

Postby Mr. Rogers » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:35 pm

thats cool. i want my convorsations with God to be more walking <i>with</i> God not to Him.
Mr. Rogers

Postby Anna Mae » Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:19 pm

anime4christ wrote:hehe, I go to a baptist church where that is generaly discouraged. But it depends on whether you just opened it to a random place or not, or if you were trying it purposly. Basicaly, if you pray and open your Bible to a random spot, close your eyes and point with your finger to a random verse then read it, that's not aloud where I come from. But if you just happened to open your Bible where you left off or another place just to read not expecting anything, and you happened to see it right there, that's acceptable. Pretty cool though, I guess
Umm... :eyebrow: care to elaborate?

Anna Mae

Postby wilson1112000 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:34 pm

Hey, a4c! I am a baptist, and I think that this is possible! Yesh! The nerve! (claws his eyes out.)

Just kidding about the last part. But don't discourage Anna for this amazing happening.
Praise the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your might, for that is what we were created for.
----------------------------------------------------------------
We've got to speed things up in this hotel. Chef, if a guest orders a three-minute egg, give it to him in two minutes.
If he orders a two-minute egg, give it to him in one minute.
If he orders a one-minute egg, give him a chicken and let him work it out for himself.

Groucho in A Night in Casablanca (movie)
---------------------------------------------------------------

Chinese Finger trap: noun 1. A puzzle that is supposed to test ones ability at problem solveing. or 2. The manifistation of Satan in a cardborad tube.

You decide.
wilson1112000

Postby uc pseudonym » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:31 am

Just an administrative note: CAA is officially nondenominational, and we will not tolerate bashing any Christian denomination, nor do we allow arguments that are based on denominational differences. That having been said, there is nothing wrong with civil dicussions that foster greater understanding.
uc pseudonym

Postby Angel37 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:42 am

Intriguing. I've never felt my conversations to be one-sided though. I find that lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling and being 'still' helps in my prayer. And talking aloud. I may not 'hear' God but I can feel Him there, know He's listening, and sometimes even get a response as to what should be done about a situation, usually just a reminder of trust or something to that effect. Things I KNOW but must learn to practice. It's cool that that happened to you, but remember God speaks in other ways as well, through people, things, anything of Him He can use. It is how well we LISTEN that determines whether or not we hear Him. He's always talking, but are we always ready to hear Him out?
<3 Angel
Angel37

Postby Anna Mae » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:32 pm

Good point.
angel37 wrote:and sometimes even get a response as to what should be done about a situation
How? Just an impression, or a voice, or what?

Anna Mae

Postby anime4christ » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:09 pm

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash or dicourage, I'm just telling about my case, sorry. And yes I do balieve it is possible, but there are some things to it (kinda hard to explain).I did say "cool", didn't I? Just saying, that's all. I'm not rying to be the least bit offensive.
anime4christ

Postby Anna Mae » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:23 am

anime4christ wrote:but there are some things to it (kinda hard to explain)
Go for it. I'm all for more understanding.

Anna Mae

Postby anime4christ » Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:46 pm

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I couldn't get on CAA the past few days cuz of my bro's router. Anyways, I like that:
Go for it. I'm all for more understanding.
Many people will get mad at you if you don't agree with them (that doesn't mean I disagree with you, just saying), we need more people like you in this world. Anyways, the way we have it is, we're not aloud to like pray, open the Bible to a random spot, and consider whatever we read first to be the answer. But if you just start reading not expecting anything, and you happen to read what seems to be the answer, I believe that's possible. But I'm not saying someone's right, someone's wrong. BTW, I'm not exactly sure hoe you did it anyways. But the way I see it is you never know how exactly God wants to answer your prayer, what if he wants to answer a different way? I'm sure he can answer in any way he wants. Oh, and I've never really felt my prayers to be a momologue.
*gets ready for the flaming, just in case*
anime4christ

Postby Anna Mae » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:20 am

anime4christ wrote:Anyways, the way we have it is, we're not aloud to like pray, open the Bible to a random spot, and consider whatever we read first to be the answer.
I agree to a certain extent.
anime4christ wrote:Oh, and I've never really felt my prayers to be a momologue
That's awesome!

Anna Mae

Postby anime4christ » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:31 pm

Interesting, last night I was thinking about something, or trying to figure something out (I'm not telling what it is). I wasn't praying, but I kinda like asked a question directed at God. Kinda hard to explain, it was more as if I was asking myself, but not exactly. Anyways, all of a sudden I remembered a Bible verse that solved the whole case! Isn't that cool?
anime4christ

Postby Anna Mae » Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:10 am

Indeed.

Anna Mae

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth