Lord, I'm amazed by you, how you love me!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Lord, I'm amazed by you, how you love me!

Postby Mr. Rogers » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:11 am

You dance over me, while I am unaware You sing all around but I never hear a sound Lord, I'm amazed by you! Lord, I'm amazed by you! Lord, I'm amazed by you, how you love me!

How wide, How deep, How great is your love for me!

We played this song in youth group last week, and for some reason I have been thinking about it since I woke up today. Especially the first two lines of the song. I don't really know how to say what I want to say. It's just amazing that God does that for us. It says in the Bible, that God dances and sings over us. (I'll post the verse if I find it later). It's not so hard to think that we would pursue God. But, it blows my mind to think that He pursues us

God is pursuing you. He is chasing after you. He wants you to have a deeper relationship with Him. There is nothing in the entire world that compares with a relationship with Him. There is not one thing that can beat it.

I was thinking, "Why would He pursue me? I'm not worth it". But, like the song, and the Bible says, it's because He loves us. God loves you more than you can imagine or comprehend. No matter what you've ever done, you can't make Him stop loving you.

To sum it all up, I guess I just want to say: Don't miss out on all God has for you. If your too busy for God, you need to get your priorities straight. God has great things for all His children.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9".

That's God's word, and His word is always true and will always come to pass. God has great things for you. There is nothing like knowing Him more and more. Don't put Him in second place. Don't be too lazy or busy for Him. Don't miss out on all He has for you. There is nothing that can take His place. Without God, even the best things in life are just...nothing. Stay in the Bible, stay in prayer...not as a ritual or a chore, or because you'll be a "bad Christian" if you don't, but to get to know Him more and more. He loves you beyond all you can imagine. And if you think you aren't worth loving...He loves you anyway. Your life was worth His death. That's how important He thinks you are, and that's how much He loves you.

You dance over me, while I am unaware You sing all around but I never hear a sound How wide, How deep, How great is your love for me! Lord, I'm amazed by you, how you love me!
Mr. Rogers

Postby Jasdero » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:21 am

^^ That's beautifully written, Jim.
× s h i n i e s , y e s ? ×

does it not burn... LIKE THE SUN?!
Jasdero

Postby dragonshimmer » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:28 am

Thanks for sharing that with us today. I think it's beautiful, and those lyrics touch my heart as well.

God has been chasing me for a long time, and I never realized that I was actually running in the opposite direction. I've always felt God's love, but now that I've turned around, I feel the true impact of His Love and His Light, and it's enough to keep me going, no matter what. It leaves me desiring more, always wanting to be in His Love.
dragonshimmer

Postby Doubleshadow » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:48 am

That is very lovely and profound. Thanks for sharing.
[color="Red"]As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7[/color]

The Sundries
Robin: "If we close our eyes, we can't see anything."
Batman: "A sound observation, Robin."
Doubleshadow

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth