Remember Who God is...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Remember Who God is...

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:37 pm

I hope this may be applicable to anyone who is struggling, whether it be with a particular sin or just being a bit down during the holidays. ^___^ I am no Bible teacher, just a Christian woman who spends time with God and has been called to write every so often.

"Remember Who God is..."

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 1:2 (KJV)

In life we have struggles. Defeat abounds at every corner. Our sin overwhelms us. People just make us mad and get on our nerves sometimes. We do one dumb thing after another - same mistake after another; it's like a bad movie, same scene different setting. :P Ah, it can be frustrating living, can't it?

You know, I saw a little excerpt on the T.V. with my husband the other day. A well-known psychologist, and I'm sure you will all have heard of him if I gave his name, was saying, "When things are happening and going down remember who you are - think of all your great qualities."

Well, afterward my husband and I talked over his comment. It made a lot of sense, but....

My husband's comment came down to, "I don't like that guy much." This is a typical "guy" response.

My comment, "Hmm, something about what he said bothered me and it's sad that a human being can gather such a following without a bit of Christ expounded through any of his teaching. He has been placed on a pedestal in today's society... and then, I agreed with my husband, 'yeah, I don't like him much, either.'" This is a typical female response, much wordier, since we women talk around three times more than men on average in a day - but, that's a whole 'nother study. ;)

Well, later I had been praying and something popped into my head as I drank my coffee and finished off a low-carb sausage wrap - wow, remember Who God is - not who we are, not who you are. That is what was bothering me after hearing this best-selling psychologist.

Our position in Christ is what makes us secure. When all trouble beckons us to defeat and to call it quits, what sustains us? It's not who we are, but in remembering who He is. Our rock, our foundation, our Lord, Who is He?

When the early church formed amid persecution, in the Spirit they cried out, remembering Who their God is:

Acts 4:24 (NASB) "And when they heard this, they lifted their voices to God with one accord and said, "O Lord, it is Thou who DIDST MAKE THE HEAVEN AND THE EARTH AND THE SEA, AND ALL THAT IS IN THEM."
25 "who by the Holy Spirit, through the mouth of our father David Thy servant, didst say, WHY DID THE GENTILES RAGE, AND THE PEOPLES DEVISE FUTILE THINGS?
26 "THE KINGS OF THE EARTH TOOK THEIR STAND, AND THE RULERS WERE GATHERED TOGETHER AGAINST THE LORD, AND AGAINST HIS CHRIST."

And then:

Acts 4:31 "And when they had prayed, the place where they had gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak the word of God with boldness."

(That was quite a Bible meeting! :) )

Whenever David struggled what were his Psalms filled with? In the Psalms written by David you will find one after another remembrance and affirmation of Who his God is:

Psalms 8:1 "O Lord, our Lord, How majestic is Thy Name in all the earth, Who hast displayed Thy splendor above the heavens!"

Psalms 18:1-2 "I love Thee, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Psalms 33:6-9 "By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, and by the breath of His mouth all their host. He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap; He lays up the deeps in storehouses. Let all the earth fear the Lord; Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast."

Psalms 103:2-5 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities; Who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit; Who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfied your years with good things, So that your youth is renewed like the eagle."

I could go on; but, I'll stop at chapter 103, threre are so many more. I'm swooning over those last two... :angel: It's worth a read sometime to just go one Psalm at a time.

Then there is Job. He was at the end of his rope and then what happened? He remembered Who God is and God told him and reminded him who He was. Read the end of the Book of Job and see (too long for me to write it out here).:sweat:

Christ told the disciples, "I AM." No profounder statement has ever been made. It's like it's all wrapped up in those two words; which are basically, "I'm all you need. I am everything. I AM"

It caused the guards who had come to arrest Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane to fall to their knees instantly. John 18:6 (NASB) "When therefore He said to them, "I AM," they drew back, and fell to the ground."

Wow, I can hardly wait to go to Heaven and hear Him say that, "I AM." It sends shivers down your spine, don't it? ;)

So many times we forget who stands before us at the right hand of God - the great I AM. He is our deliverer. He is our life-giver. He is our Lord. He is the One Who will sustain you through the difficult times. He is the One Who has only the best in store for you. He is the One Who will bring you out of the storm. He is the One Who gave His life for you. He is the One Who loved you with an unfathomable love. He is the One Who created you. He is the One Who knows every hair on your head. He is the One that sent you a comforter. He is the One Who allowed you to have every benefit He bestowed on the Son. He is the One Who enjoys fellowship with you. He is the One Who wants you more than any person out there. He is the One Who has plans for your life to bless you, not hurt you. He is the One Who loves you more than life itself - Christ is this testimony and fulfillment.

You are precious to Him; thus, remember Who God is when you struggle. Defeat is not in His vocabulary and it shouldn't be in yours. :)

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:05 am

wow, thanks for posting this.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Ashley » Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:54 am

Wow indeed, thank you for sharing! I know I for one needed to hear that (and yes you really did send shivers down my spine).
Ashley

Postby agasfas » Tue Dec 14, 2004 5:11 pm

Nice message True_nior, it was really touching. You really made a good point, to many times do we get off track of what is really important--God. Many always try to say, look at your life, you have it so much better than others so stop complaining. Truth is, we wouldn't have anything w/o God. He created us, He created this universe, He along is what is most important. Many people forget that simple important fact. God can do anything, just give all of your worries to God. I remember in the bible were Moses is talking to God, and Moses asks, "who do I tell them sent me?" ANd God just replies, "tell them that I AM." Not exact words but something similar to that... I doubt what I have just stated made any sense, but it looked really good in thought. ANways, thank you for the refresh.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.." Prov 17:22

The word 'impossible' isn't in my dictionary... but I don't really have a dictionary you know? - Eikichi Onizuka.
Sorry, but I stop being a teacher at 5 o'clock. - Eikichi Onizuka.
agasfas

Postby true_noir_chloe » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:08 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone. ^______^ I enjoyed writing this one out.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby sonichiro » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:16 pm

i really enjoyed your post, it brightened my day! i have been leaving God out of the things i do latley. in all things i do i should do them in his name and with a heart full of gladness! by the way, why do you have a pic of sango praying at the bottom of your post?? she isnt praying to God. just wonderin! have a good day! God bless!
sonichiro

Postby true_noir_chloe » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:56 pm

First off, hi and welcome to CAA, sonichiro! :) Thank you for your comments.

sonichiro wrote: by the way, why do you have a pic of sango praying at the bottom of your post?? she isnt praying to God. just wonderin! have a good day! God bless!

Well, that is one of the many sigs made for our young ladies Bible study, Beloved Disciple that we have here on CAA. The reason it is of Sango praying, is that it seemed appropriate to have an "anime" figure praying on our sig, since this is the Christian Anime Alliance. Also, it's just a picture - kind of like the avatars we have. The young lady who made the sigs tried to find pics of anime figures that would look like they were praying. What is important is the person who made this sig had a heart for the Lord when she was doing it for our study, not the actual animated figure that is featured.

I hope it didn't offend you too terribly. Please, consider my words rather than what avatar or signature I have.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby sonichiro » Tue Dec 21, 2004 6:14 pm

o, i wasnt offended at all i was just curious. ^__^ thanks for filling me in! i hope i didnt come across rude. your message really did speak to me.
-thanks for your time, sonichiro
sonichiro

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:27 pm

^^ wow, it was really good read! thanks for posting!
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby VashTheStampede » Mon Dec 27, 2004 2:10 am

Well said! Thanks for posting this up true_noir_chloe! Reminds a guy like me, going through a down time in my life, to look to God yet again and not forget who He is. God just.....makes so much sense whenever I look back and study what He has to say!
I felt Your hands move mine aside, as those nails were driven down [[color=Gold]†][/color]
"There is a time for everything. A season for every purpose under heaven." Ecclesiastes 3:1

~Do not have feelings of animosity and resentment towards the depressing times in your life, but turn to God in praise for the days He gives you. Along with the times of joy He blesses you with, also come the times of hardship. For how can one reach for the stars without darkness?~

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:21

"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13

"But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." Isaiah 53:5 (NIV)

Digitally Imported Radio<-~-~Love Techno?~:cool:
Myspace!<--PM me for info if you wanna add me:sweat:
VashTheStampede

Postby Kura Ookami » Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:19 pm

Thankyou for posting this true_Noir_Chloe. It really is a powerful message. Jesus is OUR Lord . I so often forget that I'm not the master of my life. That if God didn't permit it I couldn't do anything. This is a humbling message for someone like me who has lived thinking of himself as his own god for over twenty years. I need to remember that no matter what everything will happen to HIS will, not mine. I need to cast all my worries on to Him and trust Him with all my heart.
Absence is to love as wind is to a flame. It extinguishes the little, it ignites the great.

Life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been real life you would have have been instructed where to go and what to do.

When i argue with reality I lose.....But only 100% of the time.

Once you've decided on a course of action, only you can finish it. As long as you remember that, there's nothing you can't accomplish.
Kura Ookami

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth