My divine alarm clock

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

My divine alarm clock

Postby Ashley » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:57 pm

I thought this was kinda cool....

This morning, I woke up in the strangest way. I just, awoke....like someone had called my name or something. But I wasn't alarmed....just very peaceful. I stretched in the sun a moment and looked over at my alarm clock, thinking I must be up early since it hadn't gone off yet. I looked over, and it was the exact time my clock was supposed to go off. Except, I hadn't set it right the night before, so it wasn't going to sound. If God hadn't woken me up, I would have been late for work. I remember thanking God profoundly this morning, not just for making sure I was on time for my job but also for reminding me of His tender, great love for me. I mean, the God of the universe chose to shake me by the shoulders this morning like my mom would to make sure I got up in time. I can just imagine Him smiling over me as I slept all night long, knowing full well what my day would be like, and the day after that, and after that....all the way to eternity.
Ashley

Postby Shinja » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:13 pm

yeah, ive had that happen before, its difnatley not a coencideance
MATT
Matt blends in - and hates it.

Give me a bike and a road by which to travel.
Shinja

Postby Zane » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:24 pm

Umm I don't know, do you think we should point every little thing back to God all the time? Because if you get up at say 7am every morning for like 2 months and do nothing different compared to usual, then you'd wake up at 7am anyway even without the alarmclock. Its the whole body-clock thing.

But then again, I assume something told you God woke you up, you 'felt' it, and I believe that... which is pretty cool.
Zane

Postby Ashley » Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:29 pm

Well it'd be one thing if I was a creature of habit that always woke up early. But I don't; that made this morning special. Also noteworthy that I didn't wake up in a panic--if I don't hear that alarm clock I usually do. Instead, I felt nothing but a deep peace--definately a signature of God in my book.

And even so, God deserves the praise for creating us with that sense to wake up day after day even without an alarm clock--we are, after all, fearfully and wonderfully made. It might be naive, but I don't believe anything in this world happens without God orchestrating it, including how late we sleep in the morning.
Ashley

Postby sanitysux13 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:18 pm

I just thank God if I can stay awake for a whole day. (boring professors need to get new jobs. maybe they should look into finding cures for insomnia.) But seriously, that's happened to me several times before, but i never really stopped to thank God for it. Thanks for the new perspective.
sanitysux13

Postby Zane » Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:07 pm

Cool, I agree Ashley. I thought that might have been the case. See for me for the semester I had to get up at 6:10 am every week-day, and so waking up at that time in the holidays would not have been seen, by me as divine intervention.

But I totally get your point and agree, its God who even allows me to wake up, exist right now. That just shows how Mercyful he is in keeping us and all sinners alive right now, even the many opposed to him. No worries.
Zane

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:02 pm

hehe that happens to me a lot ^_^
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Kireihana » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:08 pm

That is so... COOL!!! XD

God TOUCHED you. Like, He physically affected you! I'm sure this has probably happened to all of us in some form or another, but it's still incredibly cool to hear about it.

:dance:
Kireihana

Postby CreatureArt » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:38 pm

Awesome. That was really encouraging.

It's awesome to hear (or read) what God has done for people - it lifts the spirits and gives fresh hope and vision. :)
---
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A sci-fi drama webcomic updating Thursdays.
PG-13. Rating description here.
---
CreatureArt

Postby The Shadow » Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:50 pm

Zane wrote:Umm I don't know, do you think we should point every little thing back to God all the time? Because if you get up at say 7am every morning for like 2 months and do nothing different compared to usual, then you'd wake up at 7am anyway even without the alarmclock. Its the whole body-clock thing.

But then again, I assume something told you God woke you up, you 'felt' it, and I believe that... which is pretty cool.

couldnt of said it better my self
....................you may laugh at my age but we'll see everytyhing at judgment ................
((((((((((((but the candle burns alone, it guides us saftely home.-ZAO)))))))))))))

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>but i will leave my mark in this world<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------:angel: X FROM THE SHADOW X :angel:------------------------------
The Shadow

Postby Camuel » Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:09 pm

I think that to start the day off by praising God is something worth doing and something we don't do enough of. I feel that a lot of us would have better days if we got up in the morning and said "Thank you Lord" rather than "oh lord its morning!"

Easier said than done!

If you eat things at half the fat you can have twice as much
Camuel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth