Fear

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Fear

Postby snowyangel » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:40 am

The world's finest athletes are fearless. The best performers, it is asserted, do not choke. Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, game on the line. Third down and long yardage, late in the fourth quarter, down by five points, hunched over the center to receive the snap. In fact, there are some extraordinary athletes who seem to thrive on the pressure, who elevate their game when it means the most and all eyes and all hopes are fixed on them.

But for the rest of us...

But let's be honest: Most of us get dry-mouth at moments like that. In fact, most of us go through the days of our lives wracked by anxieties and fears. What if my boss finds out my limitations? What if my best friend discovers the real me? What will happen to me when I die?

These are ordinary fears, but you need not be overwhelmed or paralyzed by them. There is an antidote, which the Apostle Paul wrote about eloquently and powerfully in his letter to the church at Philippi. It's found in Phillipians 4:6-9.

You may not choose to wear those verses on your sleeve, but they are just the right size to slip into your heart. And they point to the truest source of living life and facing death without fear.
:lol: :dance: :hug:
snowyangel

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth