I walk a lonely road...

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Postby holysoldier5000 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:46 pm

I want to thank everyone for their great post! :thumb:

And I invite anyone who has a comment, question, and or story to feel free and post it.
Live your life, love the Lord, and don't forget to laugh...
holysoldier5000

Postby Syaoran » Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:35 pm

This thread help me alot thank you so much.
Syaoran

Postby Kewl Girl » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 pm

Syaoran wrote:This thread help me alot thank you so much.

:sweat: We should start a club..

:jump: REJECTS OF THE WORLD UNITE!!! :jump:

:lol:

Well perhaps not all of us here are 'SHOW OF HANDS!!' *Looks around and is the only one raising hand* :sweat: 'Heheh, oh well... I could always try running away and joining the circus!!!'

Alright, sorry I guess Im just in a perky mood today... :sweat:

But this thread is nice because it shows that were not alone at all! We really should start back up some kind of discussion though or else this thread is going ot die out... I feel like the first topic may have died. Maybe (probably) its just me... Well if worst comes to worst I can keep babling to myself as I am right now... :sweat:

Okay Ill stop now before I start scareing people...
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
:jump: "I say BOO to lust, and DOWN with "hot"!!" :jump: , a quote from Felix.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

walking with you

Postby holysoldier5000 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:43 am

Hey everyone. You don't walk alone. For Jesus, I, and the church, the body of belivers is walking with you.
holysoldier5000

Postby Pent » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:37 am

I have never really felt that way. I like that song though. Thier other songs not so much.
Pent

Psalm 22:4-5

Postby holysoldier5000 » Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:59 pm

A verse of Encouragement:

In you our fathers put their trust;
they trusted and you delivered them.
They cried to you and were saved;
in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
~Psalm 22:4-5
holysoldier5000

Postby Kewl Girl » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:55 pm

Jay_man03 wrote:I think i know what you all mean by "walking a lonely road" but what i keep struggling with is why has it gotten this way. A while back everybody went to church in a community especially a small one like mine. But now i know a lot of people in my school and place of work that dont even belong to a church anymore. I guess what im asking is what happened to people's faith?

Personally, for me its because of the people I talk to and am contintaly talking about. My church doesnt want to accept that there are kids that are struggling, because they dont want to help them. Dont ask me why, I just know that 30 or so kids have been asking for adults to lead them in Biblestudys but the adults wont.
When I asked them personally and even volunteer to lead all they had to do was show up, they would tell me that they are to busy or have other things they have to do. Thats the same excuse I heard from the all the adults Ive asked. To me it seems like the adults are depending on the teens to do all of the work. As it is our Youth Group is run by the teens and so is bascially everything else associatied with it.
Thats the main reason I dont do so well with my church anyways. I could go on for pages, but I doubt anyone wants to hear me complain.

ANYWAYS!!!!! Just thought since you asked I would give you a bit of an answer from my perspective anyways. Hope that helps a little.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

I suppose I should be puttin this in here to although I dont have much on it yet: http://kewlgirl.deviantart.com/
Kewl Girl

Location: In front of my computer with my headphones on, trying to drown out the world around me..

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:34 pm

Kewl Girl 16 wrote:Personally, for me its because of the people I talk to and am contintaly talking about. My church doesnt want to accept that there are kids that are struggling, because they dont want to help them. Dont ask me why, I just know that 30 or so kids have been asking for adults to lead them in Biblestudys but the adults wont.
When I asked them personally and even volunteer to lead all they had to do was show up, they would tell me that they are to busy or have other things they have to do. Thats the same excuse I heard from the all the adults Ive asked. To me it seems like the adults are depending on the teens to do all of the work. As it is our Youth Group is run by the teens and so is bascially everything else associatied with it.
Thats the main reason I dont do so well with my church anyways. I could go on for pages, but I doubt anyone wants to hear me complain.

ANYWAYS!!!!! Just thought since you asked I would give you a bit of an answer from my perspective anyways. Hope that helps a little.

Wow, they wont do bible studies?? thats really sad.

I love my church, its totally Awesome and im so greatful to God that He brought my family and I to it, its just im still getting to know everyone there.

I think i know what you all mean by "walking a lonely road" but what i keep struggling with is why has it gotten this way. A while back everybody went to church in a community especially a small one like mine. But now i know a lot of people in my school and place of work that dont even belong to a church anymore. I guess what im asking is what happened to people's faith?

Hmm, tough question. What happend to their faith? well if they walked away from it...I question if they really believed it at all. And the bible talks about how some will turn away and follow after false teachings. I know that if you are solid in your faith and in your relationship with Jesus Christ, nothing will separate you from Him. But if those people never actually accepted Jesus.. maybe they just went to church because maybe they thought it was the thing to do. Im not trying to Judge anyone so please dont take offense.
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Kewl Girl » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:43 pm

Wow, they wont do bible studies?? thats really sad.

Yeah it is. Its been over a year and still no one has time to supervise one of these. Its really sad. I even told them that I would come up with the study and lead it and all they would have to do is supervise it, but they wont.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:23 pm

Kewl Girl 16 wrote:Wow, they wont do bible studies?? thats really sad.

Yeah it is. Its been over a year and still no one has time to supervise one of these. Its really sad. I even told them that I would come up with the study and lead it and all they would have to do is supervise it, but they wont.

sheesh, did they say why not?
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Kewl Girl » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:28 pm

"I dont have enough time" or "Im too busy" are the most common. Thats just a nice way of saying they dont feel like it though. At least in my opinion. Not one of them has even attempted though.
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby Sakura15 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:39 pm

Kewl Girl 16 wrote:"I dont have enough time" or "Im too busy" are the most common. Thats just a nice way of saying they dont feel like it though. At least in my opinion. Not one of them has even attempted though.

Wow, well I'll be praying for you guys.
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Common Problem

Postby holysoldier5000 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:46 am

Kewl Girl 16 wrote:Personally, for me its because of the people I talk to and am contintaly talking about. My church doesnt want to accept that there are kids that are struggling, because they dont want to help them. Dont ask me why, I just know that 30 or so kids have been asking for adults to lead them in Biblestudys but the adults wont.
When I asked them personally and even volunteer to lead all they had to do was show up, they would tell me that they are to busy or have other things they have to do. Thats the same excuse I heard from the all the adults Ive asked. To me it seems like the adults are depending on the teens to do all of the work.

I have found this to be a common problem among church adults. Most of the time it is a matter of fear. Adults are actually afraid of teenagers. I know this may sound weird but it is true. Adults, when faced with the prospect of working with teens are so terrified of the young generation that they will shun from the position of having to do anything with them. Why is this? The answers very from: “I can't work with teens I have no experienceâ€
holysoldier5000

Postby Anna Mae » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:28 pm

Thank you for the suggestions. Thank you also for taking time to post all of this great stuff.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

One person can make a difference

Postby holysoldier5000 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:26 pm

Anna Mae wrote:Thank you for the suggestions. Thank you also for taking time to post all of this great stuff.

Well, you’re welcome. ]“Love your neighbor as yourselfâ€
holysoldier5000

They hurl insults

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:02 pm

All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads. ~ Psalm 22:7

Walking the lonely road can be hard, particularly when people are ridiculing you. When they start calling names, teasing, and hurling spiteful insults... it hurts, and makes the walk more difficult. I know there are times when I just want to shun away from professing the faith just so people will leave me alone. And when they say things purposely to be agonizing, to provoke, it just makes me wish I had stayed at home. Why do they do that? Why do they deliberately try to push my buttons to make me feel even more excluded...or try and make me angry? Its almost as if they are purposefully trying to discourage me...or get me to fly off the handle and say something I shouldn’t… Why are they always being so mean to me?

Jesus was also mocked

Mockery was a large factor in our Lord’s suffering. Judas mocked Him in the garden; the chief priests and scribes laughed Him to scorn; Herod set Him at nothing; the servants and the soldiers jeered at Him and brutally insulted Him; Pilate and his guards ridiculed His royalty; and on the tree all sorts of horrible jibes and hideous taunts were hurled at Him. Ridicule is always hard to bear, but when we are in intense pain it is so heartless, so cruel, that it cuts us to the quick. Consider the Savior crucified, racked with anguish far beyond anything we can imagine, and then picture that motley multitude, all shaking their heads or making faces in bitter contempt of the poor suffering victim! Surely there must have been something more in the Crucified One than they could see, or else such a great and mingled crowd would not have unanimously “honoredâ€
holysoldier5000

Positive values of Christian living

Postby holysoldier5000 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:01 am

There was a popular song some years ago that went like this:

You’ve got to accentuate the positive,
Eliminate the negative,
Latch on to the affirmative,
And don't mess with Mr. In-between.

Those lyrics are an accurate description of Colossians 3:12:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. ~Colossians 3:12

These are the positive values of Christian living. Through this entire section the apostle has written in terms of putting off and putting on clothes. That suggests that this ought to be done every morning. As God's chosen people we ought to put on daily these qualities that reflect the character of Jesus . Each of these terms could be used of him. So when you get up, start out by putting on these qualities of grace.

But there is much confusion among believers at this point. Many seem to find great difficulty putting on these positive virtues as they begin their day or throughout the day. That is probably because they have never thoroughly understood, or perhaps have not practiced, what the apostle said earlier: "Put off the old man." Learn to recognize the characteristics of the old life: the self-centered, praise-loving, prideful flesh in every one of us. Reject that! Put it off! Do as Paul says in the previous paragraph: "Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature." Treat it as though you are dead to it. That is Paul's argument in Romans 6: "Consider yourselves to be dead, indeed, unto sin." And you can, because God has given you a new basis of operation!

So, when you start your day, begin this way. Put away the old reactions and then clothe yourself, put on deliberately, in your thinking, these seven qualities that reflect the life and temperament of Jesus.

The first one is "compassion." "Clothe yourselves with compassion." Literally the word is, "bowels of sympathy." The ancients believed that the emotions originated in the bowels. We don't think that way, although we get close to it when we say, "I've got a gut feeling." I recently heard the story of the little girl who was asked to describe the parts of man. She said, "Man has three parts: the brainium, the chester, and the abominable cavity. The brainium holds the brain, the chester holds the heart, and the abominable cavity holds the bowels, of which there are five: a, e, i, o and u." Many seem to be as confused about their humanity as that little girl. We must understand what these phrases mean. Compassion is what we would call a "heart of pity." It is a sense of sympathy, of empathy with someone. When you come to the breakfast table, come with compassion: compassion for that strange looking creature, her hair up in curlers, shuffling around the kitchen in old slippers. Come with compassion for that gruff, stubble-faced fellow, isolated behind his morning newspaper, ignoring everybody; or those children who are trying to get everything together before they go to school. Approach life with compassion; that is what Paul is saying. Put it on when you get up in the morning. You are a new man, or new woman; therefore, live that way!

After that, going a step further, comes "kindness." Kindness is action that reveals compassion, action that arises out of a sense of sympathy. It can take many different forms---a smile, a kind word, a pat on the shoulder, an invitation to lunch, an offer of help. We are to put on compassion and kindness as we start our day and throughout the day.

Many centuries ago, a certain young man from a rural setting went to live in a large city and fell in with the wrong crowd He lived a wild and dissolute life, becoming involved in many hurtful things which almost destroyed him. But he heard a preacher one day and though he did not particularly appreciate his preaching, “he was struck.â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Anna Mae » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:25 am

Indeed. Thank you.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

Anna Mae

Postby Angel37 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:43 am

I totally know what you mean. My dedication to God has seperated me all my life, and honestly, looking at society today, I prefer it that way. Sure it gets lonely but that's when you lean on God! And God'll send someone to help you, He always does!
If you ever feel the need for Christian company in your lonely times, just look me up! My stuff's n my profile page and I'll be more than happy to chat! ^_^
<3 Angel
Angel37

God's Promises

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:08 am

"God's promises are rainbows in the night
Shining hope inside when shadows cloud my eyes
His promises are rainbows in the night
Guiding through the darkest times
God's promises are rainbows in the night"

~God's Promises by David Meece

Whatever your particular need may be, you will find some promise in the Bible related to it. Are you faint and feeble because your way is rough and you are weary? Here is the promise—[I]“He gives power to those who are weak.â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:37 am

[quote="holysoldier5000"]"God's promises are rainbows in the night
Shining hope inside when shadows cloud my eyes
His promises are rainbows in the nigh
Guiding through the darkest times
God's promises are rainbows in the night"

~God's Promises by David Meece

Whatever your particular need may be, you will find some promise in the Bible related to it. Are you faint and feeble because your way is rough and you are weary? Here is the promise—[I]“He gives power to those who are weak.â€
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby Anna Mae » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:20 pm

Yep, good stuff.

Anna Mae

Postby Kewl Girl » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:13 pm

I think so too!!!!! Ive read every one...and theyre all really helpfull!!
Formerly Kewl Girl 16

Kewl Girl

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:21 pm

Sakura15 wrote:Thank you so so much for your posts, they have been so encouraging to me, and im sure others as well.

Anne Mae wrote:Yep, good stuff.

Kewl Girl 16 wrote:I think so too!!!!! Ive read every one...and theyre all really helpfull!!

I am glad my post are such a blessing to you all. I feel God leads me to post these post. I almost wouldn't do it if it wern't for Him. He leads and I fallow, even be relectanly sometimes, I still fallow. He does a good work in me, and in turn I can do a good work for Him.

God is teaching me much as I continue to grow in the Lord. I may be grow up physically, but my Christian Maturity still needs a lot of work. And God is helping me with that. When I have a problem, I go and try to find the answer. I pray, read, and seek guidance. Then God revels to me His truths. And so to thank Him I try to reveal His truth to others. It brings me such joy to help those in need. In a way, I feel it is my calling.

I am so glad I could be a blessing in your lives, and you all have been a such blessing in mine.

God Bless
HS5000
holysoldier5000

His grace and our obedience

Postby holysoldier5000 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:45 am

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power ~Ephesians 6:10

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. ~ Ephesians 6:13-14

There are many times when I wish I would walk closer to God, but I don’t because of my own stupid decision. I choose to walk away from Him, even though He never walks away from me. If you don’t think that I walk away from God on a regular bases then you would be wrong. I struggle with my walk with God all the time. Walking with God is a hard thing to do and it isn’t a hard thing to do. I succeed and fail at it all the time. But the key component to walking with God is His grace and our obedience. God gives us grace with which He always finds us righteous through Jesus, no matter what.

The first component “God’s graceâ€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Sun May 01, 2005 10:39 am

[quote="holysoldier5000"]Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power ~Ephesians 6:10

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place. ~ Ephesians 6:13-14

There are many times when I wish I would walk closer to God, but I don’t because of my own stupid decision. I choose to walk away from Him, even though He never walks away from me. If you don’t think that I walk away from God on a regular bases then you would be wrong. I struggle with my walk with God all the time. Walking with God is a hard thing to do and it isn’t a hard thing to do. I succeed and fail at it all the time. But the key component to walking with God is His grace and our obedience. God gives us grace with which He always finds us righteous through Jesus, no matter what.

The first component “God’s graceâ€
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

God’s Providence

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:10 am

“Is God really there? Or has He forgotten me?â€
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:22 am

[quote="holysoldier5000"]“Is God really there? Or has He forgotten me?â€
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby holysoldier5000 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:26 am

Sakura15 wrote:Amen :)

God never said our lives would be easy, but he promises to be with us through the hard times, to catch us when we fall. Its so easy to think, like you said, God has abandoned me...does God even care? look at what im going through?? Like you said about Joseph, he uses those hard times for good, if joseph hadnt been in egypt and been able to interpret that dream, pretty much everyone would have died from starvation. We can't see the bigger picture, and so we complain. Instead of thinking, ok God, I trust you, there must be some purpose for this. And like you said, it helps us grow, and molds us into what He wants us to be, and thats why we had to go through it. And He's always there beside us, helping us along the way, when we lose heart, He is our strength, our refuge. God is to incredible for words, and Im so thankful, to know that He will NEVER leave me nor forsake me. Thank you very much, for this reminder. :)

It is hard to see the movie’s happy ending when you are wathcing the scene with the bad guy winning.
holysoldier5000

Postby Sakura15 » Thu May 05, 2005 6:32 am

holysoldier5000 wrote:It is hard to see the movie’s happy ending when you are wathcing the scene with the bad guy winning.

yep. It is.
[color="SeaGreen"]
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
What in this life
[/color]
Sakura15

Previous Next