Living Beyond Yourself: Girl's Bible Study Summer 2005

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Living Beyond Yourself: Girl's Bible Study Summer 2005

Postby Ashley » Mon May 23, 2005 8:32 am

Check this thread for future updates, notes from TNC or myself, transcripts, and other helpful info.

The study now is scheduled for Fridays at 8:30 PM Central Standard Time. We are currently asking everyone participating to tell us which client they prefer, AIM or YIM. If you have not done so, please drop a PM to myself or TNC and leave this thread clean for other announcements. ^^
Ashley

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:24 pm

I suppose this is as good a place as any to put this. ^_^ If I'm the wrong here, please let me know.

I PMed a list of everyone's name around to the girls who were at the chat on Friday. If I missed you, please PM me and I'll get it to you. I'm sorry if I missed you.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:31 am

Yes, if you are in the study please PM our dear secretary, Spirit_Wolf, with the preferred name for the transcripts.

Also, speaking of transcripts I apologize to say that there are not any available for this first chat. We couldn't figure out how to save it, although Spirit_Wolf tells me everything is fixed now.

Everyone should begin Day 1 today; I finished mine a while ago and it was awesome! You girls are in for a great treat. I look forward to seeing all of you on Friday. Be sure to check the prayer request thread that LightUpTheDark will be creating soon; this will be where we keep track of all requests. Have a wonderful day, and may God bless you richly as you embark on this study this week. Remember to stand firm!
Ashley

Postby LightUpTheDark » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:25 pm

Since the transcript for Friday's chat wasn't saved, any of you who had prayer requests need to pm them to me so I don't forget anybody when I post the tread.
Thanks Ladies!

"Saotome, I will never forgive you! You stole my bread! You lousy theif!"-Ryoga, Ranma 1/2

Preach the Gospel at all time. If necessary, use words.

Me blog...
LightUpTheDark

Postby Ashley » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:27 pm

http://www.christiananime.com/showthread.php?t=21989

This is our sticky in the prayer forum for our prayer requests. I urge everyone to continually check it and keep one another uplifted in prayer.
Ashley

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:59 pm

Okay ladies, here's the transcript. I'm so sorry it took so long.

I left in most of the small talk. ^_^

I changed everyone's names to their CAA names if I knew them. If I messes someone's up, sorry. I think I got everyone's real names out, so that shouldn't be a problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Viewer Guide Answers

Postby true_noir_chloe » Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:56 pm

Hey all, I'm really late in posting this and I'm so sorry I am late; but, I will try and update every week to this list.:)

Starting on page 8 of your "Living Beyond Yourself" workbook is the Introductory Session of the Viewer Guide. These are sections that Beth Moore covers during her own Bible study class which enhances what you've learned for the week. These can only be viewed on the DVD that is sent with this study when it is done in groups, but since we are online we don't have that ability.

However, I think giving you the answers to fill in the blanks for these Viewer Guides will actually help you out in your own study. If you read through the Scriptures she gives and then read the completed answers you'll at least get a little bit of what she had taught. Anyway, I thought you all might appreciate having the blanks filled in - I know Spirit_Wolf will appreciate it. ;) Don't you just hate empty blanks?

Okay, here is up to week 2:

Introductory Session (pg. 8)
in, us; live, beyond, ourselves; Is this relevant; change, life, change, day; purpose, beyond; circumstances, beyond; daily, demands, beyond; Do, couldn't; Feel, didn't; Know, wouldn't; living inside ourselves; [Your name], come out

Session 1 (pg. 30)
Confessions; something, particular, longing; mood; unleashing, directing; impulse, urge, suddenness; active, acceptance; Concerns, spill, forth, drink, offering; risk, emptiness; contrast, drunkenness

Session 2 (pg. 51)
Know, wouldn't; black, white; involved, obvious; Perception, new, thing, perceive, presence, affected; Discernment, positive, negative; Insight, acquaintance, experience, familiarity, reference; meaty, diet; filling, Spirit; together, to, witness; resonance

Session 3 (pg. 72)
environment, relationship; examination, testing, qualifications, put, out, refuse; vacant; out, to, spit; deeper, longer; invite, welcomed; act, behaving; recover, rejected; reject, rejected; sovereignty, supremacy; fails, drop, away, fall

Session 4 (pg. 93)
"rejoice," subjective, feeling, objective, cause; defiant; defies, defy, cause, subjective; bringing, sons; joy, before; Joy, Cometh!; sow, tears, reap, songs; throb, swell, joy

Session 5 (pg. 113)
peace, government; peace, rule; peace, through, through; sinful, nature, peace; peacemaker, peacekeeper; peace, any, cost, false; health, unhealthy, peacekeeping; peacemaker, do, completed, continued; idle, working; lover, contention; False Peace: fear; distrust; Contention: misery, power, lack of discipline

Session 6 (pg. 134)
circumstances, hope; people, mercy; Lord, lost; bearing, another; put, up, with; up, back; complete, lacking; out, worst; thinking, highly; pretenses, working; life, death

[size=84][color=seagreen]YOU SEE

You see into the deepest part of me ---

beyond the fog I hide behind.

You cast your light upon the shadows

that stretch like cobwebs in my mind.

You ease the pain when I am hurting,

and morbid visions from my past

pierce into the realm of Reason

as though I danced on blades of glass.

You grant me strength when I have fallen

and, once again, I've lost my way.

You take my hand in Yours and lead me

into the promise of a brand new day.

You bring order to all my chaos,

yet set my well-laid plans awry.

You place me on a firm foundation ---

then give me wings so I can fly.

You sand away my roughened edges

and polish all the dullest parts

until I stand before Your presence...

a newly-sculpted work of art.

You see into the heart within me,

right through my motives and selfish will.

And yet, in spite of all You see

You say You love me even still.

~by D.M.~

[/color][/size]
true_noir_chloe

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:00 pm

Transcripts from last Friday. Week 2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Ashley » Sun Jul 03, 2005 12:53 pm

Transcript from July 1, week 3
Ashley

Postby Ashley » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:24 pm

Transcript of week 4, Joy.

Oh, also, I will be gone possibly this upcoming weekend (I will let Chloe know for sure if I will), July 30-August 6 I'll be in Mexico, and the weekend after that (August 12/13/14) I'll be moving to my new dorm. So all those dates are questionable at best. Again, I'll inform Chloe if I have to miss any for sure. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby true_noir_chloe » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:31 pm

Transcript from Week 6: A Composite of a Peculiar Patience

REMINDER: Hey all, I keep adding to the Viewer Guide Session answers, so be sure and go up where I post the answers on this thread. I'll try and add to it every week. ^___^
true_noir_chloe

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:40 pm

Gah! I'm so sorry guys! My computer died for the past week. I'm sorry I missed last Friday, and I'll be getting week five's transcripts up as soon as I can. Again, I'm so sorry.

Here's week five. I'll have this past week's up soon, promise.

Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:07 am

Chat was suspended for this week. We're going to be doing it next week. Week 8, faithfulness still.

Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:32 am

Finally finished. I'm sorry it took so long.

Week 7

Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:11 pm

Week 8

I won't be able to make the chat this week. Going to Otakon.

Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Ashley » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:47 am

Unfortunately, due to some malfunctions in technology we will not be able to provide the transcripts for weeks 9 or 10.

To all of you who were faithful til the end, I applaud your efforts. Even if you weren't 100%, even if you messed up or fell behind, I hope this study has instilled in you a hunger for the presence of God.

My exhortation to you now is this: to leave behind the elementary teachings of Christ and go on to maturity (Hebrews 6:1). I believe each and every one of you has cultivated a habit of early morning devotion, and the last day of week 10 has a great outline for a "day in the life of a victor" to follow. I believe God has equipped all of you to be able to go forth and continue your study in the morning--even without a devotional guide. The God you were seeking is still the same God, and He will reveal Himself to you if you just seek Him. A great place to start is the book of John, although it really doesn't matter what specific book of the Bible you're reading as long as you're spending time in the Lord's presence and continuing your growth. I urge you, sisters, don't let the fire die out! But feed it tender bits of kindling each morning through prayer and study.

I was greatly blessed to have been a part of this study, and I see no reason why we shouldn't make this a regular part of CAA's ministry. Please stay tuned and be listening for the next opportunity to grow together in Him.
Ashley

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth