40 Days of Purpose

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

40 Days of Purpose

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:20 am

At church we are doing the 40 Days of Purpose course centred around the Bible and The Purpose Driven Life book by Rick Warren. We just started it tonight and will be (with God's help) committing the next forty days to finding the purpose for living and why we are here. We are only on the first day so I don't know so much about it yet but so far the book is very inspirational and really invigorates your faith. Great stuff!

I'm sure many of you have heard of it, and I have heard of it some time ago but only remembered about it recently. If you want to grow in your faith and find out what God wants for your life, this book (along with the Bible) will help you accomplish that. I recommend it.

(But it isn't meant to be a substitute for reading the Bible, nothing should be)

God Bless!
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Rev. Doc » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:54 pm

I lead my church through this last Spring. It was a very meaningful experience for them I believe and gave some great insights in answering the question, "Why am I here?" I really think you will enjoy it.
"The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible."
~George Burns
Rev. Doc

Postby Anna Mae » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:05 pm

Our church did that a year or two ago. He certainly does provide some food for thought.
[SIZE="4"][color="DarkSlateBlue"]God has called me to mission work in Paraguay and Brazil. I may return to CAA someday. God bless all of you![/color][/SIZE]

[i]Two vast and trunk-less legs of stone stand in the desert. Near them, on the sand, half sunk, a shattered visage lies. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare the lone and level sands stretch far away. On the pedestal these words are inscribed:

“My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!â€
Anna Mae

Postby KA1-EG13 » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:35 pm

Awsome. So far I'm one my 12 day (I think)

The book is great so far, and it actualy helps open one's eyes a bit. (Not like those other self-help books I read)
KA1-EG13

Location: I am a Texan that lives in East Texas, yet I don't feel Texish at all. Wierd.

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth