We are Soldiers of the Cross

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

We are Soldiers of the Cross

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:46 pm

In my sunday school class I have been learning what we Christians are in the bible... some examples are: (A Royal Priesthood, Servants, Stewards..etc...) but today, was a really cool one...because it is something that I have known..but never really thought of... WE ARE SOLDIERS!

I took notes over this today...because it is such an important topic...and I thought I would share some of my notes with you guys..

First off our Key Verse for the class was 1 Timothy 6:12 I believe this is our Call to arms!

1 Tim. 6:12

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Romans 8: 37-39 NO! in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced, that neither death nore life, niether angels nor demons, niether the present nore the future not sny powers, neither height nor depth nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We have God as our leading commander! We can't lose when we are by His side! Fighting for Him!

But don't hear me say it is easy...no...our world is AGAINST Christianity!

So Christians, we are at war! We are fighting against the following:

Ephesians 6:10-12 "Finally, Be strong in the Lord and his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that yo ucan take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not agaisnt flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and and the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

--- We are fighting against The Devil, and the dark forces of evil.
2. James 1:13-16: When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; but each one is tempted when by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. Then after desire has concieved, it gives birth to sin; and sin when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. Don't be decieved my dear brothers.

James 4: 1-2 What causes fights and quarresl among you? Don't they come from you desires that battle within you? You want something but you don't get it. You kill and covet because you do not ask God.

So, our other enemy is really, our selves. Our own Selfish desires... We need to remember to battle against that as well.

But even as we fight, We Christians are not going to have a neccassarily easy time...Satan uses whatever he can to get people distracted, EVEN CHRISTIANS! My Friends, WE NEED TO BE ON GUARD! AGAINST THIS THEIF THAT COMES TO KILL! THAT COMES TO DESTROY!
WE ARE ALIENS! THIS ISN'T OUR HOME! WE CAN'T GET SO COMFY HERE THAT WE FORGET THAT!

God gave us the ultimate weapon, besides himself... We have

THE BIBLE: Our battle Plan!
We have GOD! FAITH.
We SHOULD have Trust in God.
We have Fellowship with other believers..

We are called to fight! Not sit around and wait for something to happen! We need to take hold of the cross and go out there into the battle field that is our world! We aren't just civilians any more my fellow Christians! WE ARE SOLDIERS!

My call to Fellow Christians , my friends, my family, LET'S GET OUT THERE!! LET's FIGHT!! LET'S BE A WITNESS FOR CHRIST! NOT JUST WITH OUR WORDS BUT WITH OUR ACTIONS AS WELL!

~ChristianRonin~
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Mave » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:57 pm

The best way to do battle on God's Side is to pray. *nods*

Thanks for encouraging me to get back to the Praying Side.
Mave

Postby Syreth » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:41 pm

ChristianRonin wrote: So, our other enemy is really, our selves. Our own Selfish desires... We need to remember to battle against that as well.

I like how you mentioned this. Too often, I think that Christians blame the devil for their problems, giving him much more credit than he deserves. Christian life really is a battle fought between the Spirit and the flesh. The flesh must die so that the Spirit might reign in us and lead us in the right direction.

I also liked what you said, Mave, about prayer.

18And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.
Ephesians 6:18

Prayer could be considered that final, completing piece of armor in our arsenal that God provides us to stand in the midst of the battle. It's kinda like keeping our head up.
Syreth

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:50 am

I like how you both mentioned Prayer as a piece of armor, Syreth, Mave how very correct you guys are! ^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sakura15 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:53 pm

Thank you Oneechan, this is very encouraging, I needed to hear it ^^ or read it..as the case may be ;) :hug:
[color="SeaGreen"]
"For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." -Isaiah 41:13
[/color]

[font="Georgia"]
Sakura's Deviantart
[/font]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]
For what do I have
If I don't have You, Jesus?
What in this life
Could mean any more?- Starfield
[/color]
Sakura15

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:43 pm