Fantastic news!!

All spiritual discussion is focused here. You may share your testimony, anything you have learned about the Word, or shout your praises to God here. Also the hub of all CAA bible studies.

Fantastic news!!

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:44 am

Hey all!

Boy, do I have absolutely beyond words awesome news to share. I just got a call from Southwestern Seminary, my future alma mater. See, my parents had applied for several student loans, but Southwestern kept telling us they couldn't accept any federal money, and that included all the loans my parents got. I can't get a job yet because I'm not on campus for interviews. We didn't know what to do! But Mom and I both sincerely believed that everything would be ok; God would make a way!

This morning, just a few minutes ago, they called and told us I was awarded the presidential scholarship--a FULL TUITION scholarship for the FALL AND THE SPRING, and as if God was not good enough, it's also RENEWABLE!

Please join me in praising and worshipping our great God this morning! He is beyond faithful, beyond glorious, beyond awesome and worthy of all our praises. Without Him, this would be impossible; With Him, nothing is!

Joyfully yours,
Ash
Ashley

Postby Mangafanatic » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:54 am

Woo-hoo! God Rocks!

I can't even begin to say how happy I am for you, Ash. That's so awesome!

Praise God for all things which seem impossible!
Every year in Uganda, innumerable children simply. . . disappear. These children all stolen under the cover of darkness from their homes and impressed into the guerilla armies of the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army]. In the deserts of Uganda, they are forced to witness the mindless slaughter of other children until they themselves can do nothing but kill. Kill. These children, generally ranging from ages 5-12, are brainwashed into murdering in the name of the resistance and into stealing other children from their beds to suffer the same fate.

Because of this genocide of innocence, hundred and hundreds of children live every night sleeping in public places miles from their homes, because they know that if the do not-- they will disappear. They will become just another number in this genocide to which the international community has chosen to turn a blind eye. They will become, in affect, invisible-- Invisible Children.

But there are those who are trying to fight against this slaughter of Uganda's children. They fight to protect these "invisible children." Please, help them help a country full of children who know nothing by fear. Help save the innocence. For more information concerning how you can help and how you can get an incredible video about this horrific reality, visit the Invisible Children home page.
Mangafanatic

Postby Yumie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:49 am

Yay! Congratulations! That's so cool, God works in the most awesome ways!
Yumie

Postby Rogie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:16 pm

That's great, Ash! Congrats. What were some of the requirements to be eligible for/to receive the presidential scholarship? If they looked into your leadership here, I'm thinking that would be a BIG plus in ministry, right? ;)

Congrats and good luck! :thumb: Praise God!
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Ashley » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:02 pm

What were some of the requirements to be eligible for/to receive the presidential scholarship?

None that I know of; meaning that as far as I know, President Patterson deliberately set this scholarship in place just for me; I may be the only person to ever recieve this. Either way, Dr. Patterson called a meeting of his staff together yesterday to discuss me, and told his financial aid director "I don't care what we have to do, get this girl here." Which, you know, makes you feel both very humbled but very important in God's eyes.

If they looked into your leadership here, I'm thinking that would be a BIG plus in ministry, right?

I did list CAA in my service record, but I doubt they actually looked into it. ^^;;
Ashley

Postby Mave » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:46 pm

Congratulations and Praise God, Ashley!
Mave

Postby Rogie » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:47 pm

Well, that's certainly an honor, Ashley! To have a scholarship created for you... Wow! :thumb:

I'm so proud of ya! (And by saying that, I now feel 30 years older... :sweat: )
Zar wrote:Praise God for all things awesome. Life ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But sanctify the Lord your God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
-- 1 Peter 3:15
Rogie

Postby Syreth » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:33 pm

Wow! What a strong calling from God this must be. It's a blessing that it was confirmed on both sides like that! That's awesome! I'll pray that you have a blessed time at seminary and that you grow in the Lord and that He shows you all sorts of things!
Syreth

Postby GhostontheNet » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:13 pm

[quote="Ashley"]None that I know of] My oh my, that is an outstanding amount of trust the President places in you. Although in a technical sense you already are, by your own admission, the shepherdess of such a large community (although aided by others in the effort), and with the full intention of service for YHWH. I would not be so quick to dismiss their looking at CAA, something engendered this kind of trust. Your testimony for sure beats mine of recent - getting accepted to Asbury College on academic probation and transfering my term to two years away to be able to afford the costs of my intended route of studies (although this probably prevented me from sinking into a depressed feeling that I would never have what it takes to become a Biblical scholar, though that is my passion while still affirming the difficulties along the way). However, remember and do not forget the word of our Lord Yeshua Christ - "Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more." (Luke 21:48 ESV)
GhostontheNet

Postby Spirit_Wolf8356 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:12 am

That's great, Ashley! :hug: Praise the Lord! That's awesome!

The choice has been made. There's no looking back. I won't let up, back up, give up, or shut up. My focus clear. My path is straight. My God, reliable. I'm a disciple of Christ.

Gods plan is like the sun. its too big and bright to look at directly, and sometimes the rain clouds cover it, but sometimes the plan dapples through the clouds and we can see beautiful glimpses of what he has in store for us.
Spirit_Wolf8356

Postby Ashley » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:43 am

Thank you very much everyone. I just couldn't wait to share the wonderful news--and I hope more than anything else what you get out of this is "SEE! God can work in MY impossible situation, that means I know He can work in YOUR impossible situation too!"

Yes, I remember that to whom much is given, much is expected. I've already experienced that with CAA. Being on staff is not always a pleasurable thing, and there are times I very much want to just ignore whatever we have going on backstage and just be a part of the fellowship. But, as I've told some of my other staffers, "that's not a luxury a leader can afford." However, if what is demanded of me is a closer walk with my Savior and a life dedicated to His glory, I can think of no lesser price I'd rather pay.

I keep thinking about Luke 9:61-62. It's hard for me to think about leaving my family and my church, but I want to serve my God wholeheartedly, and not "look back" from the plow.

Today is my last day here at home; tomorrow I'm moving into my new dorm. It's a scary, but very exciting, time.
Ashley

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:03 am

TOtally Awesome Ashley! Congratualtions!God is so awesome! So great! I am so excited for you! ^^
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby GhostontheNet » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:10 pm

Ashley wrote:See, my parents had applied for several student loans, but Southwestern kept telling us they couldn't accept any federal money, and that included all the loans my parents got.
To satisfy my mother's curiousity, is this school not acredited?
GhostontheNet

Postby The Grammarian » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:50 am

GhostontheNet wrote:To satisfy my mother's curiousity, is this school not acredited?

Presumably, it is accredited. They may refuse to accept federal funds because of the expectations that government funding can impose on a school. Hillsdale College does the same thing (Hillsdale's website tells some of the story: http://www.hillsdale.edu/CollegeHistory/ ).

And Ashley: Congratulations, and Hallelujah!
To all, life thou givest, to both great and small.
In all life, thou livest, the true life of all.
We blossom and flourish as leaves on a tree
And wither and perish, but naught changeth thee.

--Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise

Texan by birth, Yankee by accident of location.
The Grammarian

Postby Swordguy » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:55 pm

what you said made me think of james....3:1 where it talks about teachers and their postion....not to seek but to let God call you
I used to "Follow" Him because i had to....now i would give everything to follow Him.

Me check it out!

Quest for the True Grail

rei wrote:"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."
"Welcome to Corneria!"
"I like swords."

[quote="The forgoten"] .â€
Swordguy

Location: The Largest chunk of concrete these united states know.

Postby Ashley » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:56 pm

Actually, it is accredited, however the school chose to accept funding so they can remain in complete control. It's a little better if you're a Southern Baptist, because they you get a cooperative program scholarship, but it's still rather steep. I guess it's better than the alternative. This is their first year for an undergrad program, so they're still working out the kinks.

Please, keep praying for me. I have't been away from my family more than a few hours and it's already been really tough. Please keep praying for strength and encouragement.
Ashley

Return to Testimonies & Spiritual Growth